Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Movie Zyng: Warner Archive 15th Anniversary sale 4 for $49 at MovieZyng (+S/H) - March 21 - 28, 2024

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Movie Zyng: Warner Archive 15th Anniversary sale 4 for $49 at MovieZyng (+S/H) - March 21 - 28, 2024

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-24, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 178 Likes on 123 Posts

Movie Zyng: Warner Archive 15th Anniversary sale 4 for $49
March 21 - March 28, 2024
Apply code: ARCHIVE15

Shipping/Handling -- 4 titles is $5.96 + $0.99 ea additional item
After the 4th title, each added item is $12.25ea so no need to buy in groups of 4
It does appear that most states still aren't being charged Sales Tax (IL is an exception)

Or if it makes you feel better -- $13.24 ea (min 4) + $2 Flat Rate Shipping
As usual -- some of these have been cheaper elsewhere, many have not for a very long time.

These appear to be mostly the single disc titles though I've not checked for exceptions - 400+ titles.
I'm seeing titles released through the end of January 2024

1st official day of the sale and the website is running slow. I actually looked af the site early in the week with no signs of a sale, but some say they were able to place an order with the sale sometime last night.

I checked a few of the 14.98 re-release titles and 19.98/19.99 titles and they're coming up 4 for 49 as well so probably should the $15 title. of the 424 items list there are only 13 $15 and 26 $20 titles. Anything the if above 21.99 appears to be excluded.

There also appear to be at least a few older 21.99 single disc titles that either aren't eligible or got left off accidentally (happens every sale) -- Accidental Tourist, Green Slime, etc. It's possible if CSR is notified those might get added as the sale progresses
The following users liked this post:
BackStJoe (03-24-24)
Old 03-21-24, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 616 Likes on 454 Posts
Re: Movie Zyng: Warner Archive 15th Anniversary sale 4 for $49 at MovieZyng (+S/H) - March 21 - 28, 2024

Before checking out at Zyng, it might also be worth comparing to Amazon for some of these, as they have some Archive titles lower and with free shipping (over $35, of course). Some are higher than $12.25, but factoring out the Zyng shipping might mean they’re still a bit cheaper at Amazon as part of a larger order. Some examples:

Anna Christie $11.99
Great Ziegfeld $13.89
Christopher Strong $10.49
Queen Christina $11.10
Little Women $11.40
Border Incident $13.29
Last Time I Saw Paris $13.10
Fastest Gun $12.10
Double Trouble $11.49
Spinout $11.40
i’ll Cry Tomorrow $12.99
A Star Is Born (37) $11.49
Boy With Green Hair $9.00
Best Years of Our Lives $11.71
Lullaby of Broadway $6.50
For Me And My Gal $12.30
In the Good Old Summertime $13.43
Madame Curie $10.20
Carey Treatment $10.49
Gaslight $12.68
Take Me Out To The Ballgame $13.82
Looney Tunes Vol. 2 $11.99

Note: I noticed that some of the titles above (LITTLE WOMEN, FASTEST GUN, others) are also part of Amazon’s Spring Sale, so they may be limited time deals.

Also, in the weeks leading up to Christmas, Amazon had other Archive titles marked down quite a bit. These are prices I paid then, and they’re higher now, but it’s possible they might get reduced again some day:

Ziegfeld Girl $6.30
Caged! $11.99
Children of the Damned $7.99
Party Girl $8.49
The Clock $11.99
Dangerous When Wet $8.99
King Solomon’s Mones $11.49
Hey There Yogi Bear $12.49

Last edited by Brian T; 03-21-24 at 11:00 PM.
Old 03-22-24, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Movie Zyng: Warner Archive 15th Anniversary sale 4 for $49 at MovieZyng (+S/H) - March 21 - 28, 2024

Originally Posted by Brian T
Before checking out at Zyng, it might also be worth comparing to Amazon for some of these, as they have some Archive titles lower and with free shipping (over $35, of course). Some are higher than $12.25, but factoring out the Zyng shipping might mean they’re still a bit cheaper at Amazon as part of a larger order. Some examples:
And factoring out sales tax (other than IL) the prices might even out a lot. Plus not having to deal with Amazon has become a major plus over hte last couple years. I'll gladly pay a bit more to avoid them

Amazon deals are mostly on some of 2 year old or less discs. Most items 3 yrs Amazon virtually never discounts
Old 03-22-24, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Thank you for all the information on where to get the best price. Only question is will Amazon have a 15th Anniversary sale for the Archive. Still seems foolish to hold off hoping Amazon has a sale that won't happen. Until they actual have the sale. Always have to reconcile whatever price you pay it may eventually be cheaper. One title I have never seen go below $20 on Amazon is Good Bye, Mr. Chips (1939). Tired of waiting so I will at least buy that and 3 others at Movie Zyng .
Old 03-22-24, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Classic Films
Thank you for all the information on where to get the best price. Only question is will Amazon have a 15th Anniversary sale for the Archive. Still seems foolish to hold off hoping Amazon has a sale that won't happen. Until they actual have the sale. Always have to reconcile whatever price you pay it may eventually be cheaper. One title I have never seen go below $20 on Amazon is Good Bye, Mr. Chips (1939). Tired of waiting so I will at least buy that and 3 others at Movie Zyng .
Amazon has yet to have a WAC collection sale so no reason to believe they''ll change now. There was some hope that they were going to continue the old WBShop type sales once they decided to open the WA Page, but in 3 years the best they've done was occasionally discount
about 1/3 of the releases since WBShop closed and occasionally PM Target sales (when Target carried WA discs).

The WA page is worthless and nearly impossible to find anything. You can't even find new releases easily -- as much as people have complained about DD, it makes Deep Discount look like a MultiBillion Dollar website with multiple filtering options
Old 03-22-24, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

I agree the worst part about the Amazon discounts is that they are so random and easy to miss. As an example there are several titles on Brian T's list that I want that I didn't know were currently discounted and I look for them. In addition to random price reductions they also have random coupons which are sometimes not available to everyone. I keep a lot of archive titles, as I am sure many people do, in my "saved for later" section of my cart. If the price goes up or down I get a notice at the top of the cart. My biggest problem with Deep Discount is that everything I want when on sale is sold out they limit their sales to in stock items. So I rarely find anything I can order and when I do, I don't have enough for free shipping.

Last edited by Classic Films; 03-22-24 at 01:12 PM.
Old 03-22-24, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 616 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by Classic Films
I agree the worst part about the Amazon discounts is that they are so random and easy to miss. As an example there are several titles on Brian T's list that I want that I didn't know were currently discounted and I look for them. In addition to random price reductions they also have random coupons which are sometimes not available to everyone. I keep a lot of archive titles, as I am sure many people do, in my "saved for later" section of my cart. If the price goes up or down I get a notice at the top of the cart.
This is exactly what I do (to a fault, actually), and why I noticed that some of these were lower.

I also don’t really have any problems with Amazon (as a shopper and seller, anyway, and I won’t digress into the things about them that bother me), so I’ll order wherever is cheaper. Most newer archive releases in the last couple of years hold little purchase interest to me, anyway, which probably explains why several on my earlier list are a little older but not ancient. They’ve been sitting in ‘saved for later’ for a while now, so I still see the alerts.

My main point in posting those titles, though, was to simply advise comparison shopping because ‘Archive’ sales, wherever they happen, aren’t quite as good as they used to be when Warner did their 4/$44 sales (with free shipping over a certain amount), but they’re still pretty good, such as this Zyng sale. Now that the price per unit for Zyng’s offerings seems to be up in the $13.75 range (or a little less than that if you buy more than four, of course), and knowing that Amazon does discount closer to and even below the old $11 sweet spot, there can be savings at both places depending on how you fill your cart.

Incidentally, Amazon does discount older Archive titles based on some discs that have been parked in my ‘saved for later’ section for years, but the drops indeed haven’t been significant. Other titles seem to be discounted continuously. I just tend to add one to an order here and there nowadays, as I’ve got most of the Archive titles I’ve ever wanted.

Last edited by Brian T; 03-22-24 at 04:13 PM.
Old 03-22-24, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

You pretty much have to pay attention to the tracker over at Blu-ray.com for cheaper WAC prices on Amazon.