Jurrassic Park Trilogy 34.99 at frys.com SHIPPING ONLY]

Old 10-21-11, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jurrassic Park Trilogy 34.99 at frys.com SHIPPING ONLY]

Thanks to blu-ray.com for the post on this

34.99 with 1.99 shipping from frys.com for the trilogy

http://www.frys.com/product/6780305?...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Not available for instore pickup, shipping only.

If I wasn't broke I would get it.
Old 10-21-11, 02:23 PM
GCS
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Jurrassic Park Trilogy 34.99 at frys.com SHIPPING ONLY]

Seems like a good deal to me!
Old 10-21-11, 02:37 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Thanks Glassdragon. I'll get it here and cancel Amazon's now.
Old 10-21-11, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, good deal at $12 less than Amazon including shipping.
Old 10-21-11, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Arrrgghhhh!!! They only offer 2nd day shipping for HI, $36.74.
Old 10-21-11, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn. Wish they'd match this in store.
Old 10-21-11, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

waiting for 25 (really, 20) shipped.

But this will probably be the best price for at least a month
Old 10-21-11, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Great price. If I didn't have Amazon Credit I want to use in lieu of cash for BD purchases, I would snag a copy. Instead, I alerted Amazon to Fry's price and hope they match.
Old 10-21-11, 04:34 PM

I enjoyed all three of these movies (each sequel was a little worse than the previous) but I can't upgrade for this price. I bought the Die-Hard 4 disc Blu-Ray collection on Black Friday in 2008 for half off ($49.95 plus tax) and thought it was such a great deal. That was an upgrade as well. Now that set can be found for $25 - $30 at all times.

After picking up the Back to the Future Trilogy for $14.99 a few months ago (on Amazon, price matched from Target) and the Alien Anthology from Amazon UK for $23.67 (All seven films were upgrades for me), I can't see paying more than $20 for this collection.

I think I can manage to wait.
Old 10-21-11, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Hoping Amazon will match it or at least drop to 39.99 so I can use my gift card. I also reported the price to them.
Old 10-21-11, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It says "call for availability" when you get to the order verification screen. I'm not canceling my Amazon order just yet...
Old 10-21-11, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
waiting for 25 (really, 20) shipped.

But this will probably be the best price for at least a month
Good luck with that. The Back to the Future trilogy sat for almost a year I believe before it dropped below 30 bucks. This set isn't dropping that low any time soon.

If you're lucky it will be 30 on black friday
Old 10-21-11, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

In for 1.
Old 10-21-11, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by glassdragon
Good luck with that. The Back to the Future trilogy sat for almost a year I believe before it dropped below 30 bucks. This set isn't dropping that low any time soon.

If you're lucky it will be 30 on black friday
I'm pretty sure BTTF dropped so quickly that I was able to get a price adjustment from Amazon. I see this set the same as BTTF, there's one excellent movie that warrants repeat viewing and 2 others that are mediocre and may be watched once or twice. I expect the price to drop quickly.
Old 10-21-11, 07:21 PM

I'd be in at $25 or less. Maybe even $30. I can wait if it's anything higher. BTTF was definitely discounted soon after release, below $30 I think, and I was upset that I had bought it earlier for more. Thanks for the link, though.
Old 10-21-11, 07:35 PM

This price is really close to my $10 per movie rule. Certainly at $30 I'd buy it. What's stopping me is that frequently for new release movies Fry's has the same price in their printed ad as they do online, and you save on the shipping charge. If the Jurassic Trilogy BD shows up at $34.99 in their ad, then it's an easy PM at Walmart or Target for me (with 90 days price protection to get through BF just in case there are better deals).

So I think I'm going to wait for their Sunday ad (which is when the Tuesday release prices usually show up). Maybe it's a temporary online only price and it'll cost more in store, but I'm hoping it's not.
Old 10-21-11, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 597 Likes on 431 Posts

Sure why not.
Old 10-21-11, 10:14 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Originally Posted by Manzana
So I think I'm going to wait for their Sunday ad (which is when the Tuesday release prices usually show up). Maybe it's a temporary online only price and it'll cost more in store, but I'm hoping it's not.
They usually show those prices on the Friday ads as well, but on todays ad, they only show it saying availible Tuesday. No price this time, probably in response to the other stores now no longer putting them in their ads. Guess we'll find out Sunday.
Old 10-21-11, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Unavailable.
Old 10-22-11, 03:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Kal-El
Damn. Wish they'd match this in store.
It is the instore price for tuesday, like all movies that are pre order on frys.com they dont give a instore pick up option till 8am your local time on release date, when the item is actually available in store.
Anaheim frys allready had the 34.99 price card up where the set will be on tuesday.
I asked the girl in the bluray/dvd area and she said they had about 30 in stock now with another shipment arriving monday of about 150 so it should be readily available on tuesday. Also She said if it does sell out that its a raincheckable item.
I wouldnt count on the price being in the print ad though, Frys has this for about 15 dollars cheaper than anyone else, and they know showing that 34.99 price in the ad could potentially undercut there sales with ppl who would just go to other retailers instead to price match. I very easily see this in the ad as being on of their Low price Guarenteed titles with out the actual price, since they know most retailers require you to actually have a physical ad copy to get a price match and only a few honor online price matches.

Last edited by AmityBoatTours; 10-22-11 at 03:25 AM.
Old 10-22-11, 07:31 AM

Available to order again
Old 10-22-11, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Thanks kyle just ordered and canceled my Amazon order.
Old 10-22-11, 02:15 PM

Thanks for the comments about Fry's, AmityBoatTours. They match what I was expecting to happen and why I didn't bother to preorder at Frys.com with the shipping charge. While Fry's normally publishes prices in their Sunday (and sometimes Friday) ad (as they did for Lion King and POTC 4) you may be right they won't on the Jurassic Trilogy if they are cheaper than everyone else by $15 or so. That means Fry's was able to wrangle a better price from their distributor somehow and are in fact scared of losing sales due to PM'ing.

The good part (and one of the few things I like about BB) is that if Fry's has it in stock in store for $34.99, then without an ad I can go to BB, they will call Fry's, and if Fry's doesn't lie (they have done it on rare occasion when the BB employee was obvious he was checking prices) I should be able to get it for $34.99 at BB. It's still $5 more than I'd like to pay, but as Homer Simpson would say "yeah, but what are you gonna do"... wait for $5 less on BF? I'd actually have 45 days to return it which would take me past BF just in case.

A thought just occurred... will BB only sell the fancy Steelbook version? If so, then BB may not be willing to match that if Fry's just has the plain version and BB doesn't.
Old 10-22-11, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Well, you bring up an interesting topic. What if BB, Fry's, and a few other retailers start selling specific packaging, so a consumer could never price-match. BB will probably have the regular set in the near future, but is trying to score some profits on the $70 Steelbook edition. Much bigger profit margin on the Steelbooks.

Btw, Fry's has removed the set from their site. No longer available.
Old 10-23-11, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
Well, you bring up an interesting topic. What if BB, Fry's, and a few other retailers start selling specific packaging, so a consumer could never price-match. BB will probably have the regular set in the near future, but is trying to score some profits on the $70 Steelbook edition. Much bigger profit margin on the Steelbooks.
If they want out of having to PM, I'm sure they could find simpler ways than getting different variations of the same product (like Costco and Sam's Club do) just for their store. They could simply stop the PM policy. In the case of Target and Walmart who demand the original (not printouts) ads, if stores stop putting ads in the newspaper (as more and more stores are doing to save money) then they'll be relieved of the burden to PM. Like I said, one of the few positives of BB and Sears is that they'll PM without an ad, but you have to wait for them to call and verify, whereas Walmart and Target require the ad but never call and verify.

So, I'll be going by BB on Tuesday morning and attempting a Fry's PM of the Jurassic Trilogy (I guess in steelbook form) and we'll see what happens. It'll really depend on the employee who calls Fry's... whether they notice and think to ask Fry's about what type of case they have. I could really care less about the case, but if BB only has steelbooks then so be it. Perhaps I could try Sears if BB doesn't work.

Last edited by Manzana; 10-23-11 at 04:07 PM.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.