Old 10-20-11, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
$5 Coupon for Winnie The Pooh (ALIVE)

www.winniethepoohcoupon.com
Old 10-20-11, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: $5 Coupon for Winnie The Pooh (ALIVE)

Well so far it looks like my Amazon preorder for the Blu+DVD+DC is the cheapest option for now at $17.99 with the $7 coupon applied that was originally offered. Target is going to have the DVD+Blu combo in DVD packaging for $19.99 and the Blu+DVD+DC for $24.99 next week.

I never thought I would be saying this but I'm pretty excited to watch this next week. My 18 month old is absolutely nuts over anything involving Pooh so I'm sure both the Blu and DVD are going to get a lot of use.
Old 10-20-11, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts

I wonder if the TRU Cars 2 Pre-order deal would be the best way to go for this. If that deal is still active, it's put $5 down on Cars 2, get $10 off any Disney BR, combine that with the coupon and a (hopefully) good price on the Pooh BR set (I think they had Dumbo on sale for $20 at release) and I think that would blow Amazon -$7 coupon out of the water.
Old 10-21-11, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since I'm so out of it when it comes to theatrical releases (meaning I pay absolutely no attention to movie theaters unless I have a free ticket I got when I bought some movie), when I first heard Winnie the Pooh was coming out I thought it was The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, but then I saw it was a new movie and read some positive reviews, so this will be a blind buy but I'm looking forward to it. To me a movie enters my radar only when it shows up for sale on BD.

So, there are no B&M freebies with Winnie the Pooh next week which makes it a lot easier to go with Amazon at $17.99. However, if the difference between the BD+DVD vs. BD+DVD+DC for a difference of $2 at Amazon or $5 at B&Ms is just a DC, it seems like the BD+DVD edition would be the better way to go... unless the DC has some exclusive bonus DVD content on it (or you care about digital copies of your movie). Does anyone know if the DC disc contains any extras not on the BD or DVD?

Too bad those who want to can't switch our Amazon preorders to the $22.99 BD+DVD to avoid having to pay for another $2 coaster or frisbee which is what DCs are to me (except when they have unique DVD content on them). Actually with the $5 Disney coupon, buying the $19.99 BD+DVD would work out cheaper than Amazon's $17.99 BD+DVD+DC even with tax.

Last edited by Manzana; 10-21-11 at 12:49 PM.
Old 10-21-11, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll pay the extra $2 for the Digital Copy and to have it in the blu case since the other version comes in the DVD case.
Old 10-21-11, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
I'll pay the extra $2 for the Digital Copy and to have it in the blu case since the other version comes in the DVD case.
Blimey! You're right. I didn't notice that the BD+DVD only comes in a DVD sized case. This is the first time I can think of where there hasn't been a BD-case and DVD-case version of each Disney animated release option. Usually I have to look around to find the BD sized version.

So, given this, the BD+DVD+DC in BD case is the way to go.
Old 10-21-11, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Decker
I wonder if the TRU Cars 2 Pre-order deal would be the best way to go for this. If that deal is still active, it's put $5 down on Cars 2, get $10 off any Disney BR, combine that with the coupon and a (hopefully) good price on the Pooh BR set (I think they had Dumbo on sale for $20 at release) and I think that would blow Amazon -$7 coupon out of the water.
Does the TRU preorder thing actually work without any overrides now? I tried to preorder Cars 2 when I bought Dumbo and the discount wouldn't work.
Old 10-21-11, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 741 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
Yeah, but lately it seems the trend is that TRU is only stocking the DVD case version of the Disney BD releases. And normally that woulnd't be such a huge problem as you could usually go somewhere and make an even exchange for a BD case, but as they are actually putting different contents in the cases for WTP (DC with BD Case), you probably can't do that.
Old 10-22-11, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 450 Likes on 308 Posts

There's also a $5 off coupon on Cars 2 Fruit Snacks boxes. It looks like this:

Old 10-22-11, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Krayzie
Does the TRU preorder thing actually work without any overrides now? I tried to preorder Cars 2 when I bought Dumbo and the discount wouldn't work.
It worked for me with The Lion King. Using just the DMR coupon, I got TLK 3D and a $5 deposit on Cars 2 3D for $17 tax included. If I could swing a similar (or likely better) price on Pooh and end up with $10 towards Cars 2 3D, I'd be totally set -- not sure if they'd allow me to stack those two $5 deposits onto a single BR purchase, but can't really see why they wouldn't.
Old 10-22-11, 12:51 PM

Due to the glare on that picture I can't make out the fourth title from the left... Spooky Buddies?! I really can't tell what it is. EDIT: Yeah, it's definitely SB... too bad it isn't something good like the 3D combo pack of Nightmare Before Christmas. I've been looking for a non-Fry's deal on that since it came out, but to no avail.

Anyway, a WARNING to those who have ordered Pooh on Amazon!!! I just checked my open orders this morning and, while it has been listed with an expected delivery date of October 25th for the last two and a half months, my expected delivery date changed to October 27th!

I don't know why this has happened, but I was able to chat with an Amazon CSR and he got it figured out. It should be easy to fix if the same has happened to any of you out there!
Old 10-22-11, 02:00 PM

A problem with the Cars 2 Fruit Snacks coupon is that it's a manufacturer's coupon and Target (and other retailers I believe) only allow 1 manufacturer coupon per item which means you couldn't also use the $5 off Disney coupon that will be available right before release. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Originally Posted by larrythefatcat
Due to the glare on that picture I can't make out the fourth title from the left... Spooky Buddies?! I really can't tell what it is. EDIT: Yeah, it's definitely SB... too bad it isn't something good like the 3D combo pack of Nightmare Before Christmas. I've been looking for a non-Fry's deal on that since it came out, but to no avail.

Anyway, a WARNING to those who have ordered Pooh on Amazon!!! I just checked my open orders this morning and, while it has been listed with an expected delivery date of October 25th for the last two and a half months, my expected delivery date changed to October 27th!
If the expected delivery date on mine changed by 2 days, I wouldn't mind. I have never once been able to watch a movie during the week (might have something to do with having to work 10-8 daily and being tired), so as long as it makes it by the weekend I'm OK. Speaking of Nightmare Before Christmas 3D, I was able to get BB to PM Fry's on that for $14.99. I know it's over now, but I always try to PM Fry's at other stores first... not because I dislike Fry's but because they are further away than I care to drive. A positive about BB is that they don't require the printed ad and always call to verify stock/price, so if both BB and Fry's have something you can usually get BB to match.
Old 10-23-11, 02:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Manzana
Speaking of Nightmare Before Christmas 3D, I was able to get BB to PM Fry's on that for $14.99. I know it's over now, but I always try to PM Fry's at other stores first... not because I dislike Fry's but because they are further away than I care to drive. A positive about BB is that they don't require the printed ad and always call to verify stock/price, so if both BB and Fry's have something you can usually get BB to match.
This from the guy who used to shit all over Best Buy in every posting he made???
Old 10-23-11, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Peep
This from the guy who used to shit all over Best Buy in every posting he made???
Well, he did say, "_A_ positive" ...
Old 10-24-11, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Anybody know what the TRU price is going to be for the Blu-ray packaging? It wasn't shown in their ad this week.
Old 10-24-11, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

So where is the best place to get this right now? Looks like I missed the $7 coupon at Amazon.
Old 10-24-11, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 741 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by Peep
Anybody know what the TRU price is going to be for the Blu-ray packaging? It wasn't shown in their ad this week.
All I know is that it is going to be a Hot Price (according to the ad )
Old 10-24-11, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by larrythefatcat

I don't know why this has happened, but I was able to chat with an Amazon CSR and he got it figured out. It should be easy to fix if the same has happened to any of you out there!
Mine says 10/31 to 11/4, but for $10.99 I can live with that.
The coupon wouldn't work for me at first and I emailed them about it. So, they told me to order it and they would take $7 off my order, and when I ordered it the coupon took and they still took $7 off
Old 10-24-11, 10:26 PM

Got in on amazon - but now need a second copy as a gift... I'll be stopping a TRU in the am to see if I can get the 3 disc version for hopefully $25 - 5 coupon - 5 net on the preorder (no intention of buying cars there)
Old 10-24-11, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 450 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by Manzana
A problem with the Cars 2 Fruit Snacks coupon is that it's a manufacturer's coupon and Target (and other retailers I believe) only allow 1 manufacturer coupon per item which means you couldn't also use the $5 off Disney coupon that will be available right before release. Correct me if I'm wrong.
You are correct, according to Target's coupon policy. Only 1 manufacturer's coupon per item. Of course, the enforcement of that policy is dependent on your cashier.

However, at Best Buy, I've had no problems using 2 manufacturer's coupons recently on Lion King 3D (DMR + Subway coupons) and Pirates 4 3D (DMR + Cars 2 Fruit Snacks coupons)
Old 10-25-11, 12:33 PM

Does anyone know what the in store price at Toys R Us is? Do they have the 2 or 3 disc version? Need to know whether it's worth it to make a trip out there. Thanks.
Old 10-25-11, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

I heard it's 22.99, but they only have the 2 disc in DVD case.
Old 10-25-11, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by joltman
I heard it's 22.99, but they only have the 2 disc in DVD case.
That's correct. The $5 DMR coupon shouldn't work with that version, but it in fact does. I would have preferred the Blu case with the digital copy, but wasn't that big on this film and for what I ended up with (Blu + DVD) + $5 deposit towards Cars 2 3D I was going to buy there anyway, the total price of $12.99 + tax seemed pretty good.
Old 10-26-11, 04:25 AM

My Toy's R Us didn't even get any copies at all of the BluRay+DVD version... and my Target got the BD Combo pack, but threw away all the slipcovers... Guess I'm going to have to wait on this one for some other deal since I missed the Amazon coupon.
Old 10-26-11, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by adam_omega
My Toy's R Us didn't even get any copies at all of the BluRay+DVD version... and my Target got the BD Combo pack, but threw away all the slipcovers... Guess I'm going to have to wait on this one for some other deal since I missed the Amazon coupon.
Do all TRU stores throw away slipcovers or was it just your store that was so lame? Every Disney animated release I can think of so far has come with a slipcover, so everyone should expect to get them.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.