Reload this Page >

$5 DMR Coupon for Pirates: On Stranger Tides 3D

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Old 10-13-11, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 442 Likes on 301 Posts

Disney has posted the $5 Disney Movie Rewards coupon for Pirates 4. It is only good for the 5-disc 3D package:

http://www.pirates4coupon.com

There is also an additional $5 coupon on recent packages of Cars 2 Fruit Snacks, available at your grocer with the other fruits snacks (like Fruit Roll-ups). They should only cost about $2-3. It looks like this:

except the one with the coupon has a graphic in the upper-right corner that says "Save $5 on Disney titles" or something like that. Also, you can see the coupon on the back of the packaging.

The Pirates 5-disc 3D pack is the best deal this week. The 5-disc set has 1x BD3D, 2x BD, 1x DVD, 1x Digital Copy. The 2-disc BD/DVD combo only has the first BD disc, which has the movie, and minimal extras. Most of the extras are on the 2nd BD disc, which is only in the 5-disc pack and the Four Movie Collection.

Best Buy has the best price on this. $26.99 for the 5-disc set, before discounts. Additionally, Best Buy has an exclusive 6th disc with additional bonus features:

Last edited by TheBang; 10-13-11 at 08:43 PM.
Old 10-14-11, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: $5 DMR Coupon for Pirates: On Stranger Tides 3D

Geez, I hope all those discs will fit in the steelbook case
Thanks OP!
Old 10-14-11, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 442 Likes on 301 Posts

The steelcase holds 4 discs. Just enough for all the Blu-ray discs.
Old 10-14-11, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'm sorry if I missed any earlier discussions on the following 2 questions:
1. Was the steelcase a BB preorder deal that I missed or can you still get the 3D pack in a steelbook if you just show up on Tuesday?
2. What's on the 6th bonus disc at BB? Just a few minutes of featurettes or anything significant?

Thanks.
Old 10-14-11, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Manzana
1. Was the steelcase a BB preorder deal that I missed or can you still get the 3D pack in a steelbook if you just show up on Tuesday?
2. What's on the 6th bonus disc at BB? Just a few minutes of featurettes or anything significant?

Thanks.
1. The case was another of those pre-order freebies that may still be available in store and online.

2. According the the ad scan, it says it "includes behind the scenes and more".

edit: link to the free case here
Old 10-14-11, 09:43 AM
Cool New Member

Thanks.
If it was anything like the BB Office "Bonus" it simply included a compilation of standard clips. I wouldn't expect anything truly unique hence the minimal " and more" description.
Old 10-14-11, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks.
Preorder deal for $7.50 down. Should be available on an endcap together with Cars 2 SB case preorder at least until Monday. They might pull it come release on Tuesday.
Old 10-18-11, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by sotra
Preorder deal for $7.50 down. Should be available on an endcap together with Cars 2 SB case preorder at least until Monday. They might pull it come release on Tuesday.
My bestbuy had a few of the cases out, but wouldn't give me one when I purchased Pirates. I would have had to pay an additional $7.50 for it. Pass.
Old 10-19-11, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The stupidity (put mildly/bluntly) of BBY employees (at least at my local store) is beyond belief. Usually it is not to my advantage, but today it was when I brought in the preorder receipt together with the DMR coupon to pick up the 6-disc BD combo pack. She immediately went over to get a SB case and I thought it was just to check on the back how to do the preorder deal, but she took off the $7.50 and the coupon, charged me $15 something after tax and handed me both POTC4 and the SB case! On my way out I looked at my receipt and it said return -$7.50! Idiots, but I guess I got an extra case to put up for sale on Amazon
Old 10-19-11, 02:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah, that's what supposed to happen (minus giving you another metal case). My receipt shows the $7.50 return to effectively take the "deposit" off the total price, plus the $5.00 DMR coupon made mine $15.xx including tax also.
Old 10-19-11, 07:33 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Originally Posted by sotra
The stupidity (put mildly/bluntly) of BBY employees (at least at my local store) is beyond belief. Usually it is not to my advantage, but today it was when I brought in the preorder receipt together with the DMR coupon to pick up the 6-disc BD combo pack. She immediately went over to get a SB case and I thought it was just to check on the back how to do the preorder deal, but she took off the $7.50 and the coupon, charged me $15 something after tax and handed me both POTC4 and the SB case! On my way out I looked at my receipt and it said return -$7.50! Idiots, but I guess I got an extra case to put up for sale on Amazon
Funny, this is exactly what happened to me yesterday. The guy was actually bright and checked my preorder receipt for Pirates, then just said "that's what the system says" and just charged me for the sttelbook case for Cars 2. So out the door with both Pirates set and the Cars 2 steelbook for $8.12.