Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Alien Anthology $23.67 shipped from Amazon.uk

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-11, 07:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Alien Anthology $23.67 shipped from Amazon.uk

Originally Posted by DVDMagic
Well, mine dispatched on the 28th and I'm a little disappointed that IU haven't received it yet and as quick as some others have.

However, the estimated delivery date is actually today so hopefully when I get home from work it'll be waiting for me.
Same here. I had mine shipped to my office though, and I'm out until Tuesday. :'(
Old 10-14-11, 08:11 AM

Me, too. I've never had a package take this long from Amazon.uk.
Old 10-14-11, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Me three. I could have sworn with all of the other people getting theirs last week, I was going to get mine soon. But here I sit, and even though today is the date it was supposed to get here, I ain't very sure of it at all. Here is to fingers crossed for the four of us.
Old 10-14-11, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by glassdragon
Same

I was going to leave it in the slipbox on my shelf, but is it just me or is that case a bitch to get out without a crowbar and some luck?

I said fuck it and just put the blu case on my shelf.
I used a blowtorch.
Old 10-14-11, 06:52 PM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

Alas, no luck
Old 10-14-11, 09:43 PM

I have yet to receive mine either
Old 10-17-11, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Mine was estimated the 14th too, hopefully today
Old 10-17-11, 11:06 AM

Mine was supposed to be here the 14th - nothing today. It was shipped on 9/28. I had another Amazon.uk order that was shipped on 10/8 - I received that one today. Their website just says it was handed over to DHL Global on 9/28 and it gives a tracking number. When I enter that number into DHL's website I get no results. I'm wondering how many days I should wait past the 14th before I email them.
Old 10-17-11, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by JohnBeas
Mine was supposed to be here the 14th - nothing today. It was shipped on 9/28. I had another Amazon.uk order that was shipped on 10/8 - I received that one today. Their website just says it was handed over to DHL Global on 9/28 and it gives a tracking number. When I enter that number into DHL's website I get no results. I'm wondering how many days I should wait past the 14th before I email them.
Not sure. I am in the same boat, 9/28 ship, supposed to get here 10/14. Tracking number doesn't give me crap. I'll give them until Thursday unless I hear otherwise. Already seems way too long.
Old 10-17-11, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 807 Likes on 681 Posts

DHL from the UK takes much longer than when Amazon uses Royal Mail. DHL is just about the slowest shipping company of the big names.
Old 10-17-11, 02:39 PM
Cool New Member

Mine was returned "undeliverable" despite a correct address and no actual attempt at delivery. I contacted Amazon UK and they said I can only re-order at the current (much higher) price. Forget it.
Old 10-17-11, 02:44 PM

mine was dispatched on 9/20 and i got it the next week...
Old 10-17-11, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by phrekyos
Mine was returned "undeliverable" despite a correct address and no actual attempt at delivery. I contacted Amazon UK and they said I can only re-order at the current (much higher) price. Forget it.
Wow, that sucks. I wonder if thats what happened to the rest of us who are still waiting.
Old 10-17-11, 06:43 PM

^ that does suck.

Really hope that's not the case. Mine had a estimated delivery date of 17th (Sat). Will it be delivered by regular USPS or by an equivalent of Fed Ex/UPS since it was shipped via DHL?
Old 10-17-11, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by DVDMagic
^ that does suck.

Really hope that's not the case. Mine had a estimated delivery date of 17th (Sat). Will it be delivered by regular USPS or by an equivalent of Fed Ex/UPS since it was shipped via DHL?
This is what DHL's website says:
"We work in conjunction with the US Postal Service for US destined packages and International delivery vendors for overseas destinations. You should expect that your local US Postal carrier or the international delivery vendor will handle your package with the same care and attention of your other packages."
Old 10-17-11, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

I got mine last week. As soon as I got it, I checked out the opening bit of all of the movie, one after another, and then (for no fucking good reason) left the last one in and watched "Alien Resurrection" all the way through. Damn, that movie is worse than I remember! That'll be the last time I ever watch that mess of a movie!

I only bought the set for the other 3 films anyway. It's funny how I used to not like "Alien 3" but now like it a lot, especially the longer version. Its script is flawed, but it's still cut from the same cloth as the 1st two films. But that 4th movie... it's definitely the "one of these things is not like the others" in this boxed set.
Old 10-18-11, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by JohnBeas
Wow, that sucks. I wonder if thats what happened to the rest of us who are still waiting.
I wonder that as well now. I hope that is not the case. This is the first time I've went with Amazon.Uk and I've done business with other UK based outfits with no problems. Unfortunate, I was looking forward to preordering the Harry Potter limited set. Now, I am seriously rethinking it.

Phrekyos: how did you find out it was returned undeliverable? Did Amazon contact you or did you contact Amazon?
Old 10-18-11, 07:51 AM

This is the only time it has taken this long, but I sent an email to DHL to see if I can find anything out that way.

Maybe with the combinations of the weekends and then the holiday last Monday just delayed things by a couple of days.
Old 10-18-11, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by phrekyos
I got the same email today. I've received two orders from amazon.uk since I placed the Aliens order and have probably ordered 25 times in the last few years from them and never have had a problem.
Old 10-18-11, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Nothing new on mine....
Dispatched
Delivery Estimate: 14 Oct 2011

Hide Tracking
Tracking Information:
Ship Carrier DHLGA
Latest Event: Order has been handed over to the carrier and is in transit - 28 September 2011 9:31:12
Old 10-18-11, 09:53 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

My tracking is exactly the same as xfilekr (even down to the second it was handed over to the carrier!). I suspect DHLGA means DHL transports it to the USPS distribution outside Atlanta, GA - and the hold-up is with the USPS (I believe this is what happened to some other items I ordered from Amazon UK last year).

Still...I'll probably give the PO until next Monday before reporting to Amazon...

Peter (in NC)
Old 10-19-11, 06:51 AM

Yeah, I'm starting to think with the dozen of us here (and probably 50-100 total)....all of our alien packages are just sitting together somewhere. It seems way too coincidental that all of us had the shipment at the same time and then none of us have received it. Now why are they being heldup? I have no clue. Part of me wants to give today and that's it before finding out what's up and part of me wants to wait, Friday/Saturday. We'll see I guess.
Old 10-19-11, 08:01 AM

I've posted this a couple of others places but figured I'd throw it out there again:

I had a split shipment. I ordered Hanna, Planet of the Apes and Alien Anthology.
Hanna and Apes shipped Royal Mail (and arrived two weeks ago) and Alien shipped DHL.

I received the undeliverable message yesterday.
Here's the e-mail I sent to customer service:
Spoiler:

Hello:

This was part of a split shipment, the other two items arrived (via Royal Mail) with no problems so I'm not sure what the issue was. (I wish the reason behind this being marked as 'Undeliverable shipment' was more specific.)

That being said I would like to reorder the item.
However, the price has increased from £11.66 to £14.16. (w/vat removed)
Also, when I order from amazon.uk I order a number of items at one time to save on shipping. If I reorder this item I will have to pay the base price plus the per item price all over again.

So, as of today my total would be:
Item(s) Subtotal: £14.16
Postage & Packing: £3.08
-----
Total Before VAT: £17.24

Bottom line, I guess what I am asking is, is it possible to reorder at the price of my refund. Keeping in mind that the shipping issues do not appear to be a problem on my end.

My refund statement:
Item(s) Subtotal: £11.66
Delivery Credit: £1.69
-----
Total Before VAT: £13.35

A difference of £3.89

They actually tried to call me but I ignored it because I didn't know the caller.
Here's their e-mail response:
Spoiler:

Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk.

I tried to contact you by telephone. I am sorry that I missed you.

I understand that the term 'undeliverable' is a bit vague. More than likely this parcel was damaged during transit to the point that either the address was illegible or the item was damaged. Unfortunately, little additional information is known at this time.

I will be glad to adjust the price of any subsequent order you place for the Alien Anthology [Blu-ray] by Sigourney Weaver, et al. Please make sure that your order comes directly from Amazon.co.uk and not a Marketplace seller. I will check your account on Wednesday, 19 October. If you have placed an order by that date, I will adjust the price to reflect the original order price.

I hope this helps.

We look forward to your next visit to Amazon.co.uk.

Warmest regards,

Trina C
Amazon.co.uk
Your feedback is helping us build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company.

I reordered at 11:35 and it shipped, er...dispatched via Royal Mail at 1:11.
Old 10-19-11, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by D'ohboy
I've posted this a couple of others places but figured I'd throw it out there again:

I had a split shipment. I ordered Hanna, Planet of the Apes and Alien Anthology.
Hanna and Apes shipped Royal Mail (and arrived two weeks ago) and Alien shipped DHL.

I received the undeliverable message yesterday.
Here's the e-mail I sent to customer service:
Very good info! >.> I'm still waiting tho. No word from ANY party.
Old 10-19-11, 11:33 PM

Mine mailed at sep 29, received at oct 8, only 7 business days. With rome and confucius
I am very happy with the case, it's easy to get out. Not like the one like star wars at all.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.