Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Harry Potter 8 Film Collection Pre-Order Amazon.co.uk - $48

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-11, 05:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Harry Potter 8 Film Collection Pre-Order Amazon.co.uk - $48

It seems with the announcement of the final films release date that Amazon.co.uk has placed up a pre-order for the entire collection. You will get all 8 movies in blu-ray for $47.21 and if it drops any price between now and then your always guranteed the lowest price. This set is expected to ship on December 2, 2011.

Here is the link to pre order
Old 09-20-11, 07:27 PM
Cool New Member

Re: Harry Potter 8 Film Collection Pre-Order Amazon.co.uk - $48

Thanks! I pre-ordered.

I hope the packaging isn't different than the US version. That's one reason I can be wary of Amazon.co.uk deals. I really hate the UK packaging for the Alien and Batman Anthologies. But for $6 a film, this is pretty crazy.
Old 09-20-11, 10:10 PM

i gotta say that is a great price, probly bare bones and no extras tho. too bad i already have most on blu. Im personally holding out for a part 2 of TDH steelbook.
Old 09-20-11, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

There's a $100 or so set on Amazon.co.uk as well. It includes more extras.
Old 09-21-11, 07:06 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I assume you mean this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Harry-Potter...6606208&sr=1-8

This one is awfully tempting to me. Limited edition, lots of extras, region free, I really wonder if the US is getting anything close to this. With shipping this comes to roughly $92 at the current exchange rate. That's $11 and some change per film which is right in my wheelhouse. If I don't see anything in the next week or so in the US like this, I'd think I be foolish to pass this up.

Edit: Maybe I'm new to Amazon in the ole UK, but on the web page it says 66.99 pounds and then when I go to the order, it comes up as 55.83. I'm not complaining, I'm just wondering.

Last edited by Kedrix; 09-21-11 at 07:11 AM.
Old 09-21-11, 07:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They remove VAT (tax) for people out of the country on most media.
Old 09-21-11, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This is a very nice price for the entire set.

Its too bad I got the set at 5 movies and had to piecemeal the rest.

Last edited by nycdude; 11-11-11 at 11:37 AM.
Old 09-21-11, 08:46 AM

From what I read on SD, this does not have the Ultimate Editions (the ones that have been produced so far), and a complete Ultimate Edition set is supposed to come out in 2012. I've also never ordered for a foreign source (Inetvideo is technically still a US transaction though the product ships from Canada), so I'm a little scared on how this all works or how all the region business works (I only buy US so I don't have to worry about region 0, 1, X, Y, Z or whatever they're called). If this were the complete Ultimate Edition BD set for $48 from Amazon.uk, I'd probably risk it, but I'm going to wait for the complete UE set first and then see what my options are.
Old 09-21-11, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Manzana
From what I read on SD, this does not have the Ultimate Editions (the ones that have been produced so far), and a complete Ultimate Edition set is supposed to come out in 2012. I've also never ordered for a foreign source (Inetvideo is technically still a US transaction though the product ships from Canada), so I'm a little scared on how this all works or how all the region business works (I only buy US so I don't have to worry about region 0, 1, X, Y, Z or whatever they're called). If this were the complete Ultimate Edition BD set for $48 from Amazon.uk, I'd probably risk it, but I'm going to wait for the complete UE set first and then see what my options are.
Yeah, this does seem to be a middle of the road set and I would be lieing if I didn't say that I am perplexed about it and still weighing the decision. But honestly, I would think an Ultimate Edition set (if it comes) is probably going to retail for $200 and it would have to be freaking huge. The limited edition set (roughly $100) might have less extras but at least it appears it will fit on my shelf. Furthermore, it is marked region free, so I don't see the problem there. The picture and audio (and seeing if the Americas get something comparable) are my main concern.

And for the record, based on my two experiences with Inet and my 3 or 4 experiences with discs from UK....I have much better luck with good ole UK. I average a week to a week and a half with UK, Inet? Try 2-3 weeks.
Old 09-21-11, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts

Went ahead and bit on this. $46 and change deliverd for 8 movies is good enough for me. I'll make a decision on a "Super Deluxe Ultimate" set when/if it comes out and look at the price.
Old 09-21-11, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kedrix
Some of the same packaging as this set that exclusive to wbshop only it's just Harry Potter 7 Part 2.
Old 09-21-11, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by bigjim25
Some of the same packaging as this set that exclusive to wbshop only it's just Harry Potter 7 Part 2.
Very interesting, thanks for linking that. The set looks like a combination basically of the cheap set plus the 7 pt2 gift set and wrapped up in its own limited edition box. Hrmmmm, I'll still wait a week or so and see what comes out of the US Amazon in the meantime. But I'm still leaning towards the UK LE Set.
Old 09-21-11, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 158 Posts

Don't forget the set that comes with the elder wand

http://www.amazon.fr/Int%C3%A9grale-...6623645&sr=8-1
Old 09-21-11, 03:24 PM

Link to the American base set:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...=nosim/dvdtalk

$89.99.

No US limited currently. Heck at $92 for the UK Limited or ~$50 for the UK Base set, it seems like US is jacking up the price. Unless I'm missing something of course.
Old 11-09-11, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Kedrix
I assume you mean this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Harry-Potter...6606208&sr=1-8

This one is awfully tempting to me. Limited edition, lots of extras, region free, I really wonder if the US is getting anything close to this. With shipping this comes to roughly $92 at the current exchange rate. That's $11 and some change per film which is right in my wheelhouse. If I don't see anything in the next week or so in the US like this, I'd think I be foolish to pass this up.

Edit: Maybe I'm new to Amazon in the ole UK, but on the web page it says 66.99 pounds and then when I go to the order, it comes up as 55.83. I'm not complaining, I'm just wondering.
I was comparing the 2 sets at Amazon UK because my wife wants the entire collection for Christmas and it looks like the only video extras you get with the Limited Edition set that re not in the "basic" set are DVDs of the films. The "basic" set is listed as having 11 discs and the Limited is 19. The math indicates it would be 11 Blu-rays-same as the basic set- and then one DVD for each film. So you should be getting the same extras unless there are extras on the DVDs. And those are Region 2 so, unless you have a region-free player, they would be useless anyway.
Old 11-09-11, 06:02 PM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

Went ahead and preordered for $47.75.

I saw the first one at the movie theater, but never actually caught the rest but always figured they'd release a complete set.
Old 11-11-11, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Still about $48 shipped. I've got a friend who wants to get the complete set for his wife so I suggested this UK option.
Old 11-11-11, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

8 film set is 40 bucks on BF at best buy, and you'll have it a few weeks earlier.
Old 11-11-11, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdragon
8 film set is 40 bucks on BF at best buy, and you'll have it a few weeks earlier.
You missed the small print (It's the DVD version only)
Old 11-11-11, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yes, I did miss that, sorry for the confusion. Thanks.
Old 11-30-11, 01:50 PM

Amazon.uk dispatched my limited edition today. They did it through DHL Global which is worrisome (considering the Alien debacle) but hopefully it will get here in reasonable time. Here is hoping I got an ultra low number .
Old 11-30-11, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I also got the shipping notice today; I ordered one for a friend to give his wife. The temp charge on my credit card was $46.90. Not bad for an eight movie set.
Old 12-01-11, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts

My set was "dispatched" a few days ago with expected delivery of Dec 20. Hopefully sooner but before Christmas is fine by me.
Old 12-01-11, 10:53 PM

I think I'm going to get this. It actually has some special features for the last 3 movies AND is way cheaper than the American one? It's kind of too good to pass up and it's so cheap that I won't feel that bad about upgrading whenever the big box set with all the bells and whistles comes out. Less than 50 bucks is a spectacular deal for an 8 film set, even if it doesn't have a ton of features.
Old 12-03-11, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by JimJ
I think I'm going to get this. It actually has some special features for the last 3 movies AND is way cheaper than the American one? It's kind of too good to pass up and it's so cheap that I won't feel that bad about upgrading whenever the big box set with all the bells and whistles comes out. Less than 50 bucks is a spectacular deal for an 8 film set, even if it doesn't have a ton of features.
Based on the reviews it seems that only the last three films have special features.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.