Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Dumbo 5.00 off bluray combo coupon now live

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-11, 02:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dumbo 5.00 off bluray combo coupon now live

While its not as good as Amazons 8.00 off coupon most of us got when we pre ordered Dumbo a while back here is the DMR coupon if you want to get the movie instore instead or missed on the amazon coupon.

http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com...rs/dumbocoupon
Old 09-15-11, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Dumbo 5.00 off bluray combo coupon now live

I guess I'm keeping my Amazon order at $16.99. Target would be $17.99 plus tax and I don't care for an activity book.
Old 09-15-11, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

^ I'm hoping Amazon price matches Target before my copy ships. I get charged tax, which makes the pre-order $18.01. I'd love it come down a couple bucks.
Old 09-15-11, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Keeping my $15.74 Amazon order (it was in my Gold Box). But I'll pass this info along to my friends... Thanks!
Old 09-15-11, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

My girls want to go to the store and buy Dumbo themselves (with my money, of course), so I was hoping for an $8 coupon, but the $34.99 Modern Family price helps with that.

I hope that they'll let me have 2 Dumbo plush toys or at least sell them, because they won't want to share it.
Old 09-15-11, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Keeping my $15.74 Amazon order (it was in my Gold Box). But I'll pass this info along to my friends... Thanks!
Same here. And if they pm the 22.99 price then it will be just under $14.

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
My girls want to go to the store and buy Dumbo themselves (with my money, of course), so I was hoping for an $8 coupon, but the $34.99 Modern Family price helps with that.

I hope that they'll let me have 2 Dumbo plush toys or at least sell them, because they won't want to share it.
They have the plush toys on the site for $5, so I would think they would sell them for that since you can order it for that.

Best Buy Dumbo Plush
Old 09-16-11, 01:00 AM

amazon pre-order win. period end of story.
Old 09-16-11, 01:07 AM

Can the coupon be used on an Amazon purchase?
Old 09-16-11, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by thursdaynighter
Can the coupon be used on an Amazon purchase?
No, it cannot. But, if you keep your eye on the Amazon coupons (or just this forum.. we're pretty good about posting them), Amazon usually has these Disney coupons up as soon as the preorder becomes available. Dumbo's was up in May, with an $8 coupon instead of the $5 Disney has now.
Old 09-17-11, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 702 Likes on 455 Posts

TRU will have this for 19.99. They're also running a promo where you get $8 off any Disney blu-ray when you preorder The Lion King with a $5 deposit. This will put Dumbo at $6.99 and if their price sucks on TLK, just get a refund for your deposit.
Old 09-17-11, 12:43 PM

One could just PM Dumbo at Target to TRU's ad if you have the TRU ad. Unfortunately TRU no longer publishes their ad in my newspaper, and the last 2 times I went to TRU they had no hardcopies of their ads to pick up (the guy showed me 1 printout they have in a notebook for the entire store), and since Target requires the physical ad, that means I couldn't PM Target to TRU. Does TRU publish ads in other parts of the country? I don't know.

TRU claims it's to save the environment, but I think it's just to save whatever they pay the newspaper. Does my local newspaper reduce the Sunday paper price to account for the fact that TRU, Kmart, Sears, and Staples rarely publish ads any more? Of course not. Thankfully Sears and BB will PM printouts (after verification), but Target and Walmart won't. Once every store gets so cheap that they stop publishing physical ads, then Target and Walmart won't ever have to PM again (I bet they'd love that). Oops. Sorry I went off-topic a bit there. I'm back now.
Old 09-17-11, 01:07 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Is that Toys R Us price legit? Also would you be charged that $8 when you return the preorder if Lion King's price is terrible?

Edit: see price being posted on Blu-Ray.com. This might be the way to go for the purchase

Last edited by JoeyOhhhh; 09-17-11 at 01:21 PM.
Old 09-17-11, 01:29 PM

Received 702 Likes on 455 Posts

They don't charge back the $8 unless something has changed since last year. They had the same promo going for BatB and all the Toy Story movies.
Old 09-17-11, 03:35 PM

Dumbo is going to be 19.99 at TRU

everyone tell Amazon so they'll PM lol
Old 09-17-11, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by MindlessSwirl
Dumbo is going to be 19.99 at TRU

everyone tell Amazon so they'll PM lol
Wow, this info really helps me. Thanks.

Now I have $19.99 and the $5 coupon for Dumbo, $19.99 and a $5 coupon for Bridesmaids, and BB will match Target's terrific $34.99 price as well.

A great week for deals, 4 blus including the Others and the PJ20 cd.

Then 4 more blus next week. Ugh.
Old 09-18-11, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

My Amazon order ended up at $13.99 somehow. I may email them this $5 off link and see if I can get it to $8.99.
Old 09-18-11, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Brent L
My Amazon order ended up at $13.99 somehow. I may email them this $5 off link and see if I can get it to $8.99.
It dropped to 21.99 for a very short time yesterday. It looks like they dropped have done a permanent drop today to pm other stores.

My order was lowered to 12.xx yesterday thanks to it being in my goldbox awhile back. But when I went to apply a giftcard I had to cover the cost, their site added shipping onto my order(was not there before I added the giftcard).

I emailed them about it but have yet to hear anything back yet.

I sent in a link from the Toys r Us site, so hopefully they lower it even more.
Old 09-19-11, 03:55 AM

It looks like TRU will be the better deal (unless Amazon drops the price to $19.99 for those that ordered it with the $8 coupon). Even if you don't want to pick up The Lion King at TRU and don't want to try and get a refund on the pre-order. Even if you don't return the pre-order, the price for Dumbo would be $12.

$19.99 Dumbo
+$5.00 LK pre-order
=============
$24.99
-$5.00 Disney coupon
-$8.00 pre-order deal
================
$11.99 total

Plus if you end up using the $5 pre-order for The Lion King, that's even better. Or, you can return the $5 pre-order (that's up to you) and make the deal even sweeter.

I pre-ordered Dumbo from Amazon, but I'm not sure I want to take a chance on them matching the price before shipping. I'm not sure about buying it, anyway, as my wife hasn't been working, so we're low on money, so I might just cancel my Amazon order and see how I feel at the end of the week when I'm near a TRU. I had already pre-ordered The Lion King on a separate transaction with the $8 coupon, so I have that deal, anyway.
Old 09-19-11, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by obidawsn
It looks like TRU will be the better deal (unless Amazon drops the price to $19.99 for those that ordered it with the $8 coupon). Even if you don't want to pick up The Lion King at TRU and don't want to try and get a refund on the pre-order. Even if you don't return the pre-order, the price for Dumbo would be $12.

$19.99 Dumbo
+$5.00 LK pre-order
=============
$24.99
-$5.00 Disney coupon
-$8.00 pre-order deal
================
$11.99 total

Plus if you end up using the $5 pre-order for The Lion King, that's even better. Or, you can return the $5 pre-order (that's up to you) and make the deal even sweeter.

I pre-ordered Dumbo from Amazon, but I'm not sure I want to take a chance on them matching the price before shipping. I'm not sure about buying it, anyway, as my wife hasn't been working, so we're low on money, so I might just cancel my Amazon order and see how I feel at the end of the week when I'm near a TRU. I had already pre-ordered The Lion King on a separate transaction with the $8 coupon, so I have that deal, anyway.
Yeah this is the way to go for me. I didn't pre-order from Amazon and they just opened a 58,000-square-foot Toys "R" US less than four miles from me,

Now I don't have to drive 12 miles to the nearest Toys "R" US.
Old 09-19-11, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 746 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by obidawsn

$19.99 Dumbo
+$5.00 LK pre-order
=============
$24.99
-$5.00 Disney coupon
-$8.00 pre-order deal
================
$11.99 total

But I have to pay tax at TRU, which I'm guessing will come out to somewhere around a buck. For a buck, I'll keep my Amazon order and save my gas money.
Old 09-19-11, 12:18 PM

I went ahead and canceled my Amazon pre-order. I was pretty sure it would ship today if I didn't, so I didn't want to take the chance. I'm really thinking the TRU deal is the best, so far. Plus, hopefully, I will have more time to think about the purchase before I make it. And if they're sold out...oh well. That just means it wasn't meant for me to get it, anyway.

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
But I have to pay tax at TRU, which I'm guessing will come out to somewhere around a buck. For a buck, I'll keep my Amazon order and save my gas money.
I guess tax and gas is something to account for, but I have to pay tax on Amazon, anyway, and I'll wait to go to TRU when I'm near one later this week. Even if Amazon didn't charge tax, though, TRU would still be cheaper. Maybe not worth it if you had to drive a ways to get there (which I normally would, but I know I'll be by there later), unless you were going to return the $5 pre-order which would make the movie $6.99, which is a lot better than what Amazon will offer. But that may mean an extra trip if you didn't want to try returning it right then. I'm by there, at least, once a week, so it's not a problem for me as long as I have time to stop.

Last edited by obidawsn; 09-19-11 at 12:23 PM.
Old 09-20-11, 06:45 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

Has anyone's Amazon order shipped yet?

I swear, it's like they are purposely delaying shipments since my Prime trial ended. My Dumbo BD hasn't even entered the shipping stage, even though I ordered it the first day it was up for pre-order. I have another order for an "In Stock" item that has been "Shipping Soon" for 6 days now. Amazon has never been this slow before.
Old 09-20-11, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 746 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by joe_b

I swear, it's like they are purposely delaying shipments since my Prime trial ended. My Dumbo BD hasn't even entered the shipping stage, even though I ordered it the first day it was up for pre-order. I have another order for an "In Stock" item that has been "Shipping Soon" for 6 days now. Amazon has never been this slow before.
Mine shipped yesterday.
Old 09-20-11, 06:55 AM
bse
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

same here on everything you just said.
Old 09-20-11, 08:42 AM

I've still got my prime membership and I didn't get a shipping confirmation until this morning. I figure it's probably coming from a shipping location that's close to me.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.