Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Random Japanimation deal at Barnes & Noble: Paprika $7.99 (or $6.79 after coupon)

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Random Japanimation deal at Barnes & Noble: Paprika $7.99 (or $6.79 after coupon)

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-11, 12:28 AM
ktg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Link

The film got a "Highly Recommended" rating here at DVDTalk: Link to review

For comparison, it's about $10.49 at Amazon presently. (FWIW, the DVD is only $6.99 at Amazon at the moment). Apply the 15% off code from the B&N coupon thread for a final price of about $6.79 and tax, plus shipping if you are not an B&N member.

Bears repeating: if you frequent B&N (especially during the Criterion sales) like I do, it pays to stock up on discounted B&N gift cards from places like Cardpool. Generally they are discounted 10-12% off face value. Adds up when you are buying a stack of Criterions!

Last edited by ktg; 07-19-11 at 12:35 AM.
Old 07-19-11, 05:39 AM
Banned

Re: Random Japanimation deal at Barnes & Noble: Paprika $7.99 (or $6.79 after coupon)

lol @ japanimation
Old 07-19-11, 07:06 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Random Japanimation deal at Barnes & Noble: Paprika $7.99 (or $6.79 after coupon)

I did the review for Paprika on the site I write for a while back. While the video, audio and extras are awesome (this is speaking about the dvd, I assume the blu-ray is even better on the a/v end), the story in my opinion wasn't very good. It was basically like the writer went on a giant acid trip and oops out popped a story. Just my opinion but I didn't care for it.
Old 07-19-11, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The music was great. I thought this film had a lot going for it. For this price, strong recommendation to check it out. It doesn't happen very often that a movie ends, then I go back and watch the slick opening credits two more times.