Reload this Page >

Star wars the complete trilogy blu-ray 20.99

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Star wars the complete trilogy blu-ray 20.99

Old 07-14-11, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Star wars the complete trilogy blu-ray 20.99

Didnt get in on this one but I can remember when I got in on the Mad Men price mistake. They cancelled my order but still shipped me the product.
Old 07-14-11, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rfduncan
Exactly the kind of pointless, frivolous lawsuits that bog down our courts/legal system. They should disbar lawyers like that... like a points system with driver's licenses - you get warnings but too many point and you're gone.
No lawyer would take this case. This sort of frivolous lawsuit exists only in the popular consciousness. It's a total myth. You would be surprised to see what actually bogs down our legal system.
Old 07-14-11, 07:14 PM

"Back in Stock" for $89.95. So much for their "Our pricing is good... just not that good." claim!
Old 07-14-11, 07:43 PM

Okay, they charged my cc...now wondering how long before if it's off my card statement....ugh.
Old 07-14-11, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Ace Hunter
Here's the email I got:

We made a BIG mistake with our pricing on select items. Unfortunately, due to this error, we’ve had to cancel your order of a product placed on July 13, 2011. Our pricing is good... just not that good.

The pricing error has now been adjusted. If you have any questions, or would like to replace your order, please call us at 1-800-843-2446.

Please accept our sincere apology for our error and any inconvenience.

Apologetically,

Customer Care
It's good to see a company stand up and just say they screwed up. Kudos to Overstock for apologizing and taking the blame.
Old 07-14-11, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
Pointless and frivolous lawsuits can be easily dismissed at the very start, so they don't do much bogging. The lawyer is just there to do a service and it's the client that is the one that wants to sue. The lawyer is just a tool for the client just as a mechanic is a way for a client to get their car fixed.

A person can have a complete pile of junk car that he wants fixed and the mechanic may know that it's a complete waste of money to do, which he may tell the person but if that's what the person wants him to do and he has the money he wants to spend doing the job, the mechanic will sigh and then get to work. Same deal with a lawyer. They'll tell you that something is anything but a sure thing but if you really want to give it a shot, pay up and he'll try. You never know what crazy ass judge you get, so there's always a chance things can go your way, no matter how tiny.
Your analogy is way off. There's a HUGE difference between someone paying a mechanic $1000 to make repairs to a car worth $100 and a lawyer taking on a case that the law doesn't support. While the car itself isn't worth the cost of repairs, the owner wants it fixed and there's nothing wrong with him paying the money to get it repaired. A lawyer, on the other hand, isn't permitted to bring a case without law to back it up (or where there's a good faith basis to modify current law); they can face sanctions if they bring frivolous lawsuits and are supposed to tell clients with meritless claims that there's nothing they can do.
Old 07-15-11, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kstublen
A lawyer, on the other hand, isn't permitted to bring a case without law to back it up (or where there's a good faith basis to modify current law)
Consumer protection laws.
Old 07-15-11, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by rfduncan
Exactly the kind of pointless, frivolous lawsuits that bog down our courts/legal system. They should disbar lawyers like that... like a points system with driver's licenses - you get warnings but too many point and you're gone.
Hell, it will cost more in court fees to fight it than buy the movies at retail price! Choose battles wisely.
Old 07-15-11, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
Consumer protection laws.
Nope.

"It's generally a myth that retailers must honor a posted price if it's simply a mistake, although some stores might do so as a matter of policy or on a case-by-case basis. The issue gets murky if the retailer begins processing the order, something that is more likely to happen online, says Jane Winn, a professor at the University of Washington Law School. But even then, she says, a merchant might be able to cancel the purchase if the price was so low that a buyer should have known it was mistake. An online retailer's fine print may relieve it of the duty to fulfill orders based on pricing errors."
Old 07-15-11, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cancelled
Old 07-15-11, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Cancelled my order, charged my card and then issued a partial refund that doesn't quite cover the total amount of order. Nice.
Old 07-18-11, 03:01 PM

So, I ordered 3 things with this glitch: a 3DS, a Star Wars preorder, and the LOTR Extended box set. All were canceled, my refund is in a temporary hold on paypal, but it's been issued. So imagine my surprise when a LOTR box set showed up at my office today. Looking at the order page on Overstock, all 3 items still say canceled, but LOTR has the tracking info underneath it, so I'm not expecting anything else to arrive. Still, weird.

Image of set and packing list:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7428929/IMAG0062.jpg
Old 07-18-11, 05:46 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dj_orinj_joos
So, I ordered 3 things with this glitch: a 3DS, a Star Wars preorder, and the LOTR Extended box set. All were canceled, my refund is in a temporary hold on paypal, but it's been issued. So imagine my surprise when a LOTR box set showed up at my office today. Looking at the order page on Overstock, all 3 items still say canceled, but LOTR has the tracking info underneath it, so I'm not expecting anything else to arrive. Still, weird.

Image of set and packing list:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7428929/IMAG0062.jpg
I'm almost positive you'll get the other two items, too. Free of charge. This has happened to me multiple times over the past 10 years. Their system is screwy that way.
Old 07-18-11, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Blah, none of my orders show a tracking. Oh well.
Old 07-18-11, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So, I ordered 3 things with this glitch: a 3DS, a Star Wars preorder, and the LOTR Extended box set.
Do you recall, how early did you place your order?
Old 07-18-11, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by grenier
Do you recall, how early did you place your order?
it was relatively late. Approx. 8AM eastern on the 13th, well after the deals had been passed around.

edit: My refund cleared this evening as well. Already sent back to my bank account.
Old 07-19-11, 09:54 AM

it was relatively late. Approx. 8AM eastern on the 13th, well after the deals had been passed around.

edit: My refund cleared this evening as well. Already sent back to my bank account.
Lucky bastard.
Old 07-19-11, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by BKenn01
Didnt get in on this one but I can remember when I got in on the Mad Men price mistake. They cancelled my order but still shipped me the product.
Wow. And they never charged you?
Old 07-19-11, 01:52 PM

You also have to watch out about suing people or companies. Anytime I am sued, I file a sue for all costs. Only I file on the lawyer or firm not the person/people. Best part is I went to law school but never took the bar, so they have to do all the paper work. This would just be a waste of time, if people bitch they are only bitching that they missed out on a deal. Let them have a yard sale and put 5 on something they want $5 for and have someone give them 5cents.
Old 07-19-11, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You also have to watch out about suing people or companies. Anytime I am sued, I file a sue for all costs. Only I file on the lawyer or firm not the person/people.
Of course you don't have to answer, but I can't help asking. How often are you sued?!? Instead of writing, "If I was ever sued," you wrote "anytime I am sued," implying some sort of a frequency.
Old 07-19-11, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by izatright
Of course you don't have to answer, but I can't help asking. How often are you sued?!? Instead of writing, "If I was ever sued," you wrote "anytime I am sued," implying some sort of a frequency.
I have no problem answering it. As a business I have never been sue, nor have a sue anyone. As a person, that is where it gets tricky. My ex-wife after it was all said and done with got many CC and loans in her married name. She did not feel she should pay them and I should. Being I have some cash they feel I should pay them. It short I file on them after the second call/letter (the main company not the collection company).

It's a hoot I have fun doing it. I was going to be a Business Lawyer, Contract Law is my thing. I do not shop at overstock, nor Sears this kind of bug happens and any kind of law suit would be a lost in court. Sure it would get press but in the end the people would just look like people mad that they did not get a deal.

As a Business owner would I eat it. Would you?
Old 07-22-11, 01:41 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

^^That post actually left me more confused than the one before it.
Old 07-22-11, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by drq2
I have no problem answering it. As a business I have never been sue, nor have a sue anyone. As a person, that is where it gets tricky. My ex-wife after it was all said and done with got many CC and loans in her married name. She did not feel she should pay them and I should. Being I have some cash they feel I should pay them. It short I file on them after the second call/letter (the main company not the collection company).

It's a hoot I have fun doing it. I was going to be a Business Lawyer, Contract Law is my thing. I do not shop at overstock, nor Sears this kind of bug happens and any kind of law suit would be a lost in court. Sure it would get press but in the end the people would just look like people mad that they did not get a deal.

Originally Posted by Living Dead
A boy named Sue or do I misunderstand?
Old 07-22-11, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Living Dead
I was going to say that maybe english was his 2nd language, but then I read his previous post which made sense and was well written.

So that means he must have been drunk.
Old 07-22-11, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by drq2

I know this is in English, but I still don't understand a word of it.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.