Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

$5 Rango Coupon-Now Active

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-11, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
$5 Rango Coupon-Now Active

www.rangocoupon.com

If you can get Best Buy to take this coupon along with their own $5 off of $14.99 coupon, this can be had for $9.99.
Old 07-11-11, 06:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: $5 Rango Coupon-Now Active

That would be sweet if you could use this with the other $5 coupon.
Old 07-12-11, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Plus, BestBuy just sent me the same link in an email. Now I have two $5 off Rango coupons with different dotscan bar codes that both say "Limit One Coupon Per Customer".
Old 07-12-11, 10:14 AM

Can someone please post a scan or PDF of the coupon? Lots of us are having a hard time installing the coupone printer. Thanks in advance!
Old 07-12-11, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by BASISON
Can someone please post a scan or PDF of the coupon? Lots of us are having a hard time installing the coupone printer. Thanks in advance!
The coupons each print with a unique barcode, so you can't copy them.
Old 07-12-11, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Received my Best Buy email with the coupon.

I'm only interested if I can tack on the other BB $5.00 off coupon, as well. Under $10 is my magic pricepoint...!
Old 07-13-11, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I love how someone will always ask if you can combine coupons at BB. We all should know the answer by now: technically <Bold>no</Bold> and for most people (especially me) combining coupons won't work, but we also know at least 1 person somewhere in the country will be successful doing this because the cashier will do it or override it.

If one goes to BB expecting to use both coupons, go in expecting failure, and if you get lucky be happy. I'm not going to try. Insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different result. Fortunately I'm not yet insane. I will say I've had no problem using the $5 off $14.99 BD coupons each time I've tried, but that has only been twice as there are few BD titles that are worth even $9.99 to me (let alone more).
Old 07-13-11, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Manzana
I love how someone will always ask if you can combine coupons at BB. We all should know the answer by now: technically <Bold>no</Bold> and for most people (especially me) combining coupons won't work, but we also know at least 1 person somewhere in the country will be successful doing this because the cashier will do it or override it.

If one goes to BB expecting to use both coupons, go in expecting failure, and if you get lucky be happy. I'm not going to try. Insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different result. Fortunately I'm not yet insane. I will say I've had no problem using the $5 off $14.99 BD coupons each time I've tried, but that has only been twice as there are few BD titles that are worth even $9.99 to me (let alone more).
For me it's not the using of two coupons, it's the pricepoint.

$15 for Rango: not interested and will not buy
$9.99 or less for Rango: interested and likely to buy
Old 07-13-11, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by 12thmonkey
For me it's not the using of two coupons, it's the pricepoint.

$15 for Rango: not interested and will not buy
$9.99 or less for Rango: interested and likely to buy
Totally agree that $10 or less is a good price point, especially for new releases and especially for Rango which has mixed reviews, but to think that BB will allow both coupons requires a lot of hope and luck getting one of those special cashiers who will allow it. If I tried (which I won't) I'd go in expecting a 1% chance of success.
Old 07-13-11, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

It depends on the person you get, obviously, but it can be done. Manufactrer's coupons are a form of payment, so if they're gonna accept the 5 dollar Best Buy coupon, paying for the other $15 with say $10 cash and a $5 manufactrer's coupon shouldn't be any different than paying $15 cash (Assuming of course that your store has no problems with accepting manufacturer's coupons in general, I've never had a problem with them at any of the stores in my area).

In fact, I once purchased a $40 video game at Best Buy (which was already on sale) with a $20 Manufacturer's coupon and a $10 Best Buy coupon (which specifcally stated it was not good for sale prices, and I'm pretty sure both coupons said not to be combined with any other offer). I went in fully expecting to be shot down and I told the cashier right up front, "There's not any way I can use both of these together, can I?", and she was just like "Sure, no problem.", and I walked out with it for 9.99 plus tax.
Old 07-14-11, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Oops, I just got email confirmation from Amazon that they shipped my Rango (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD) for $14.99 with free Prime shipping. I forgot I even pre-ordered it with the $5 off coupon code weeks ago and did not cancel it when shipping time came. Guess that means I won't be trying to find a retail deal for it now, after all.
Old 07-15-11, 12:50 PM

I tried printing the coupon and even did as they said. and yet they said they can't have it print out the coupon for some reason. but to instead have it mailed to me in the mail. What up with that? That happen to anyone else?
Old 07-15-11, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

As I shared in the $5 BB coupon thread: Lucked out today at a store where I wasn't as familiar with the cashiers...was able to use the $5 BB coupon (which I handed over first, without revealing my second coupon yet) and then the $5 Rango coupon to get Rango for $10.74 out the door...my favorite kind of cashier; one who knows how to enter coupons and who doesn't care. Whoo!
Old 07-15-11, 01:35 PM

Since I can't get the damn coupon to print, I said the hell with it. and I'm gonna order it from Amazon for 14.99 with their promo instead. They gotta make everything so difficult and force people to go else where for things.
Old 07-15-11, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Was able to use the $5 Rango Coupon and the $5 Best Buy Coupon. I'm so glad I've moved and have a new Best Buy, where they don't refuse my coupons.
Old 07-15-11, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Success. No negative vibe from me to drag my chances of success down.
Old 07-15-11, 09:18 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Worked for me. Nice to get this on release day for $11.22.
Old 07-15-11, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 216 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by MovieFanatic81
Since I can't get the damn coupon to print, I said the hell with it. and I'm gonna order it from Amazon for 14.99 with their promo instead.
I had a ridiculous time as well, first for whatever reason it woudn't work with firefox at home even though it's supposed to... so I tried at work and I had to reroute my computer to the appropriate printer (w IT's help)... my backup was to just order from Amz. It finally worked... I used my $5 reward zone points, so $11 and change out the door. Not bad.
Old 07-16-11, 12:36 AM

Does it matter what order that they put the coupons in at BB??? Couldn't get the Rango coupon to take, saw her type in the $5 discount, but nothing happened, and I didn't feel like dealing with it tonight, will go back tomorrow.
Old 07-16-11, 11:58 AM

I was successful using the Rango $5 and the BB $5 coupon with the same transaction. The Rango coupon wouldn't scan and had to be overidden. Nobody questioned the use of both coupons.
Old 07-16-11, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ScottsdaleSaint
Does it matter what order that they put the coupons in at BB??? Couldn't get the Rango coupon to take, saw her type in the $5 discount, but nothing happened, and I didn't feel like dealing with it tonight, will go back tomorrow.
You need to scan the $5 blu-ray coupon first & then they will use the $5 Rango coupon on that end. It probably won't scan so they will take off $5 using the Manufacturer Coupon button at the end. Please note that in most states, you will pay $14.99 + Tax - $5 from manufacturer's coupon.
Old 07-16-11, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Dabaomb
You need to scan the $5 blu-ray coupon first & then they will use the $5 Rango coupon on that end. It probably won't scan so they will take off $5 using the Manufacturer Coupon button at the end. Please note that in most states, you will pay $14.99 + Tax - $5 from manufacturer's coupon.
That's exactly what she did, saw her scan the BB coupon, and then put in the Rango one at the end, input the $5 Rango coupon, and hit total, where the package prices come up, she OK's those, and the total came up. Weird, I used two other $5 coupons on the other BLUs I was purchasing, and those subtracted as well. The receipt has The Fighter BLU sku, but a $0 subtract, but I saw her enter $5. Weird. Will give it one more go today, but if it doesn't work, will still keep Rango, as it's a very good price for an opening week Blu-ray.

Thanks for the info.
Old 07-16-11, 02:05 PM

Did Best Buy start taking coupons off of an iPhone or other smartphones? Also, is RANGO still on sale tomorrow? And when are the USA/SyFy shows on sale until? Thanks in advance...

--Dorfler
Old 07-16-11, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Hit the local BB, and used both the Rango $5 and the other $5 off BD coupon.
Out the door for $9.99 + tax

wOOt....!
Old 07-16-11, 02:26 PM

I got coupon-blocked at the first Best Buy I tried. I handed her both and she started to say I don't know if we can take both of these, then called a manager. She asked him the question different ways like 5 times and neither he seemed to understand what she was saying nor her understand what he was saying. But she eventually said, "I thought so" and then told she couldn't take both coupons.

So I declined to purchase and went to another Best Buy today. I handed the cashier the Best Buy coupon first and she quickly entered it. Then she asked if I had a Reward Zone card and I handed her my card and showed her the other coupon. She punched in my membership number and the $5 off for the other coupon with no hesitation. Sweet.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.