Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Back To The Future Trilogy (Blu-Ray) 81% off at Amazon!

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Back To The Future Trilogy (Blu-Ray) 81% off at Amazon!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-11, 10:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Back To The Future Trilogy (Blu-Ray) 81% off at Amazon!

Originally Posted by goblin23
Yep back at $14.99 at Amazon and it seems to include free Standard shipping too!
I noticed the free Standard Shipping as well...I wonder why that is.

I picked up BTTF and True Grit (2010)...$29.98 shipped is a nice price.
Old 06-13-11, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

Thanks OP! I'm in for $15.
Old 06-13-11, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$14.24! It was in my Gold Box.
Old 06-13-11, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Back up to $24.99. I had two copies in my cart when they raised the price and Amazon let me continue to check out at the $14.99 price, which I really appreciate. It appears that they sold out of stock on hand then raised the price. Kind of like Target with the "no rainchecks" policy on BTTF.
Old 06-13-11, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had it in my cart as well at 14.99 but just as I was about to check out, boom $24.99. Ugh. Pissed me off to no end. I feel sorry for the people who can't take advantage of this at all during business hours. (Oh there was a cool deal, but yeah, it's gone now. Sorry).
Old 06-13-11, 04:22 PM

Glad everyone got this deal while it lasted...

It looks as though this deal is over with, as the price is back up to $24.99 and has been for a quite a few hours now, plus it's back ordered up to 13 days.
Old 06-13-11, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yay. mine just shipped along with Book of Eli & Pale Rider (both of those are blind buys, yes I have never seen Pale Rider), what a combo! Less than $30 for 5 blurays is awesome.
Old 06-13-11, 09:02 PM

How exactly can you tell between the old packaging and new packaging on BTTF without opening it?
Old 06-13-11, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by JWill85
How exactly can you tell between the old packaging and new packaging on BTTF without opening it?
See Post 16 in the other thread about Amazon's deal on BTTF (quoted below). You can also look at the bottom of the packaging -- you can see the 'spring' mechanism in the older packaging. The newer packaging is taller and thicker than the older packaging.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bar...99-amazon.html

"Somebody on another site said that on the back cover there's a set of numbers in the bottom right hand corner just above the "Dolby Digital" logo. They are 2016181 for the new packaging and 2014242 for the old packaging. I opened mine up since it had the 2016181 and it is the new packaging."
Old 06-14-11, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JWill85
I think the easiest way to tell is the new packaging has the slip cover under the shrink wrap. The old packaging has the slip cover over the shink wrap. I didn't find this out until after I got home and looked up some youtube videos. No biggie, since they have the same barcode. I'll just take it back and exchange it.
Old 06-14-11, 09:28 AM

Too bad Universal doesn't allow those of us who got the old packaging a way to send for new cases (like they did for Battlestar Galactica). I remember having a terrible time getting the discs out.

I remember when people were saying to buy the BTTF trilogy for $39.99 on Newegg or wherever it was cheapest right after release. I said I'd hold out for under $30 and bought mine for $24.99 on BF from Amazon and actually watched them all right away (if I hadn't I probably could've swapped the packaging). Who would've thought the set would be $14.99 (or $9.99 at BB with coupon) so soon. It just reinforces my notion that even $10 per movie in a BD set is probably too much. They either pressed way too many of these or the markup is far higher than I realized and even at $14.99 they must be making enough money.
Old 06-14-11, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
I think the easiest way to tell is the new packaging has the slip cover under the shrink wrap. The old packaging has the slip cover over the shink wrap. I didn't find this out until after I got home and looked up some youtube videos. No biggie, since they have the same barcode. I'll just take it back and exchange it.
My local Best Buy had the new packaging in both ways - some had shrinkwrap over the slipcover, and others had shrinkwrap under the slipcover (with non-shrinkwraped slipcover).
Old 06-14-11, 11:09 AM
Banned

Back up to $59.99.
Old 06-14-11, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by creekdipper
Back up to $59.99.
It's still $24.99 at AMAZON. That price is a 3rd party seller. AMAZON does that sometimes when their item is out of stock and isn't going to ship for 7 days or more.
Old 06-14-11, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by moonraker
I never saw the two sequels.... how do they compare to the first film?
For myself i have always enjoyed the third film in the series the most, the second one was very good but i always seem to lean to either the third or the first when i pop one of these in.
Old 06-14-11, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by johnbook
For myself i have always enjoyed the third film in the series the most, the second one was very good but i always seem to lean to either the third or the first when i pop one of these in.
I liked the 3rd one better than the 2nd one also but I really do like all 3 and $15 for all 3 was a no brainer, hell I almost bit at $25. Thanks again OP.
Old 06-14-11, 12:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Even though I missed out on the Amazon deal, I got very lucky in my opinion and scored the last copy here at a local Target today at lunch. Just sitting right there in plain view and in great condition. No box trauma at all. I are pleased.
Old 06-14-11, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Went to Target to buy my daughter some stuff and I saw BttF Trilogy for $19.00. Thought that was a good price, so I picked it up.

When I was walking out the door, I checked the receipt to make sure it was rung up as $19. To my wonderful surprise, the trilogy price was $5 off - $14.99.

Great PRICE!!!!!!!! $5 for each movie on BR.
Old 06-14-11, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Iron_Giant
Went to Target to buy my daughter some stuff and I saw BttF Trilogy for $19.00. Thought that was a good price, so I picked it up.

When I was walking out the door, I checked the receipt to make sure it was rung up as $19. To my wonderful surprise, the trilogy price was $5 off - $14.99.

Great PRICE!!!!!!!! $5 for each movie on BR.
That would have been bad if it was $19, since it's supposed to be $14.99 all week.

edit: Just opened mine and got the old packaging. What idiot thought that kind of holder, which requires directions on inserting/removing a disc, would somehow be a good idea?

Last edited by The Man with the Golden Doujinshi; 06-14-11 at 07:00 PM.
Old 06-14-11, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Turnaround
See Post 16 in the other thread about Amazon's deal on BTTF (quoted below). You can also look at the bottom of the packaging -- you can see the 'spring' mechanism in the older packaging. The newer packaging is taller and thicker than the older packaging.

"Somebody on another site said that on the back cover there's a set of numbers in the bottom right hand corner just above the "Dolby Digital" logo. They are 2016181 for the new packaging and 2014242 for the old packaging. I opened mine up since it had the 2016181 and it is the new packaging."
Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Thanks to the both of you!
Old 06-14-11, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Can somebody enlighten me to why the old packaging is so bad?
Old 06-14-11, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by boc4ever
Can somebody enlighten me to why the old packaging is so bad?
"Bad" may not be the right word. It was a smart design for holding multiple discs in a slim case, but different than what people are used to. See this youtube link:

How to correctly remove the Back to the future bluray discs
http://youtu.be/fJ0D4YovqWQ
Old 06-14-11, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

"Bad" may not be the right word. It was a smart design for holding multiple discs in a slim case, but different than what people are used to. See this youtube link:

How to correctly remove the Back to the future bluray discs
http://youtu.be/fJ0D4YovqWQ
Ok, thanks for the link. Seems like it is great to prevent floaters but takes a delicate touch to avoid scratching.
Old 06-15-11, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ok, thanks for the link. Seems like it is great to prevent floaters but takes a delicate touch to avoid scratching.
If one of those parts breaks off, it'll really float around.
Old 06-15-11, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The case is also a bit fragile for shipping — if the plastic springs break it is useless — but once one has it at home, intact, and knows how to use it, the case works quite well. (Scratching isn't a problem.)

That being the "case", I think the complaints are overwrought. But, then, I never understood all the gnashing of teeth over the new "eco" BD cases either; they work fine for me.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.