DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   Lionsgate T2 Collector's set 48.95 shipped (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/591729-lionsgate-t2-collectors-set-48-95-shipped.html)

g 06-11-11 08:27 PM

Lionsgate T2 Collector's set 48.95 shipped

http://www.lionsgateshop.com/promotion.asp?Id=111

1. T2 COMPLETE COLLECTOR'S SET - LIMITED EDITION COMPLETE COLLECTOR'S SET - WS BLURAY
Price: $110.99 x 1 = $110.99

SubTotal: $110.99
Discount: $65.99
Total Before Tax: $45.00
Tax: $0.00
Shipping: $3.95 - Ship as soon as possible
Total: $48.95

This appears to be OOP every where else. USE code DAD for discount. I ordered a couple days ago and got ship notice two days ago. Surprised nobody posted here. Theres a deal on the rambo set to that brings it down to 19.99

http://www.lionsgateshop.com/promotion.asp?Id=114

g 06-11-11 08:55 PM

Re: Lionsgate T2 Collector's set 48.95 shipped

http://www.lionsgateshop.com/promotion.asp?Id=112

I was playing around with the number on the end and found another deal for apocalypse now. I wish I had included with my T2 order to save on shipping.

The Edit King 06-11-11 09:10 PM

Got in on that deal just to get my very own 14" ENDOSKULL w/GLOWING EYES! :eek:

(...always wanted one of those.)

Thanks, g! I appreciate it. :up:

wishbone 06-11-11 10:38 PM

I'm in for the T2 set -- thanks g!

mh4268 06-11-11 10:55 PM

I ordered just for the endoskull, he shall go nicely w my POTA bust.

DeanoBKN 06-12-11 02:56 AM

I saw this on Blu-Ray.com last week and ordered the set. I already own enough T2 DVDs and Blu Rays to open up a store, but I always wanted this bust to add to my collection. $50 was a good price for me to bite.

Pizza 06-12-11 07:03 AM

Great deal. In and done. Thanks OP.

spawndude 06-12-11 08:05 AM

WTH!!

Went to pay via PayPal and lost connection.

Must be getting slammed!

izatright 06-12-11 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by g (Post 10813284)
http://www.lionsgateshop.com/promotion.asp?Id=112

I was playing around with the number on the end and found another deal for apocalypse now. I wish I had included with my T2 order to save on shipping.

Tried getting both and the discount was lowered to something like $38 for both.

SRGilbert 06-12-11 07:42 PM

Great deal, but it's always annoyed me that the T-800 is referred to as having an "endoskeleton." While technically a true statement, you would never refer to a living creature in that way, even though it would be just as true for you as a terminator! YOUR skeleton is an endoskeleton! Why is it an "endoskull" and not just a skull?

Did they make terminators with exoskeletons? Hmmm, that might actually be cool.......

:D

edstein 06-12-11 08:33 PM

Only skull I'd pay for is a metal one. This plastic shit is tacky.

obidawsn 06-13-11 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by SRGilbert (Post 10813920)
Great deal, but it's always annoyed me that the T-800 is referred to as having an "endoskeleton." While technically a true statement, you would never refer to a living creature in that way, even though it would be just as true for you as a terminator! YOUR skeleton is an endoskeleton! Why is it an "endoskull" and not just a skull?

Did they make terminators with exoskeletons? Hmmm, that might actually be cool.......

:D

Probably because the Terminators were just the "skeletons" to begin with. They were created as cyborgs without the skin. But once they put the skin on it, what was the Terminator was now covered in skin. So it really wasn't just a skeleton, per se, but it looked like one when exposed underneath the skin. So a different term was coined for it. Plus it just sounds cool.

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi 06-13-11 10:59 AM

The Rambo set isn't that great of a deal since it's only the first 3 films. You can find the set with all 4 for around the same price is you look hard.

Solid Snake 06-13-11 11:21 AM

I'd get it but since the transfer isn't hot...I'm not biting for it. I do want the skull though..but...alas...

izatright 06-13-11 01:53 PM

having second day regret. I don't have room for a big skull head, even one that has glowing eyes. :/ I kind of hope they cancel mine.

JAYARE 06-13-11 08:33 PM

damn this set was too cool for me to pass up. had to pay 2.50 in tax because im in WI

The Edit King 06-13-11 08:37 PM

I ordered mine on Saturday and it's STILL NOT HERE!!! :mad:

jwstl 06-15-11 03:28 PM

Mine arrived today. I needed this like a hole in the head but I have to admit it does look kind of cool (and geeky) on the shelf. It is a little bigger than I expected.

The Edit King 06-15-11 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by jwstl (Post 10818288)
I needed this like a hole in the head

:lol:

Mine finally shipped yesterday. UPS Tracking says it's comin' from way down in the boondocks of ALABAMY??? (Huntsville to be exact...)...but I live in CALIFORNIA!!! Oh well. Hope to get mine in time for Christmas to replace the star on our tree.

bigjim25 06-15-11 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by The Edit King (Post 10818383)
Hope to get mine in time for Christmas to replace the star on our tree.

Take a picture once you put it up. That would be awesome. ;)

diverdave 06-15-11 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by The Edit King (Post 10818383)
Mine finally shipped yesterday. UPS Tracking says it's comin' from way down in the boondocks of ALABAMY??? (Huntsville to be exact...)...but I live in CALIFORNIA!!! Oh well. Hope to get mine in time for Christmas to replace the star on our tree.

wow, I live in Huntsville.

I tried to order one, but it would not ship to a military zip code....

David

The Edit King 06-15-11 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by bigjim25 (Post 10818432)
Take a picture once you put it up. That would be awesome. ;)

:lol: It's a deal, BJ! :up:

Originally Posted by diverdave (Post 10818635)

David

What the & Why the HELL NOT?

Does Lionsgate have something AGAINST the MILITARY?

Oh wait a minute! Maybe it's because of all the 'Skynet' hub-hub related to the movie & the artificial intelligence becoming self-aware and thus attacking the military, and well, they don't want to be seen as contributors to the robot war against the humans thingamabob!

WOW! Now That's HEAVY! :eek:

Living Dead 06-16-11 02:00 AM

I already have one of these. My advice... don't touch it once you open it. It's VERY hard to get fingerprints off it, and it's extremely cheap. Not at all like the Japanese Alien head, which is so solid you could use it as a murder weapon. The T2 head practically falls apart if you do anything more than look at it.

Also, there's no dialogue from the recording when you press the button. Just random action sounds from the movie, like gunfire and the noise the blue sphere makes when the Terminator appears in the desert. I was expecting "I'll be back" at the very least, but no. They didn't want to pay Arnie apparently.

However, the thing looks awesome on a shelf. And the light up eyes are cool. Despite the fact that it's a piece of shit for the price, I don't regret getting one. And there's room to throw away the digital copy and the 2 DVD movie discs and store copies of T1 and T3 blus inside. That's what I did. I don't own T4 because it's god awful, but I think that one might fit too.

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi 06-16-11 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by diverdave (Post 10818635)

David

If you're overseas, you can use the zip code that mail gets shipped out of the states. When I was over in Asia, it all hit San Francisco or Sacramento before going out, so I could use that city/state/zip code and it worked fine.

Originally Posted by Living Dead (Post 10819077)
I already have one of these. My advice... don't touch it once you open it. It's VERY hard to get fingerprints off it, and it's extremely cheap. Not at all like the Japanese Alien head, which is so solid you could use it as a murder weapon. The T2 head practically falls apart if you do anything more than look at it.

Also, there's no dialogue from the recording when you press the button. Just random action sounds from the movie, like gunfire and the noise the blue sphere makes when the Terminator appears in the desert. I was expecting "I'll be back" at the very least, but no. They didn't want to pay Arnie apparently.

However, the thing looks awesome on a shelf. And the light up eyes are cool. Despite the fact that it's a piece of shit for the price, I don't regret getting one. And there's room to throw away the digital copy and the 2 DVD movie discs and store copies of T1 and T3 blus inside. That's what I did. I don't own T4 because it's god awful, but I think that one might fit too.

I think it was the Japanese Terminator head that was the good quality one. I remember reading reviews at Amazon the last time this when on sale and I held off on getting it for the same reasons you listed.

diverdave 06-16-11 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers (Post 10819366)
If you're overseas, you can use the zip code that mail gets shipped out of the states. When I was over in Asia, it all hit San Francisco or Sacramento before going out, so I could use that city/state/zip code and it worked fine.

Alaska - the order page rejected the address, presumably because of the zip code. If they are still available, I'll just order one when I get home.

David