DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   Amazon $8 Coupon for Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides 5-Disc Combo (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/591662-amazon-%248-coupon-pirates-caribbean-stranger-tides-5-disc-combo.html)

tbender 06-09-11 10:57 AM

Amazon $8 Coupon for Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides 5-Disc Combo

Coupon is up on the product page for Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (Five-Disc Combo: Blu-ray 3D / Blu-ray / DVD / Digital Copy).

Sorry, I still don't have enough posts to link.

Manzana 06-09-11 11:20 AM

Re: Amazon $8 Coupon for Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides 5-Disc Combo

http://www.amazon.com/Pirates-Caribb...dp/B0053Y7T1G/

Though I'm sure everyone can find it, and I'd hope by now people know you need to be logged in first to see the coupon and that it probably won't last too long.

I ordered it earlier today as it was posted on other web sites because out of habit I always preorder when there are coupons because future price drops are common and you never know how cheap it'll end up. After all, my Dumbo and Lion King preorders each dropped by a bit. So the motto should always be: preorder with coupon first, decide later.

dugnarug 06-09-11 11:23 AM

Re: Amazon $8 Coupon for Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides 5-Disc Combo

So it will come with 3D Blu-ray, Blu-ray, DVD, and Digital Copy but its a 5 Disc set?

tbender 06-09-11 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Manzana (Post 10810363)

I ordered it earlier today as it was posted on other web sites because out of habit I always preorder when there are coupons because future price drops are common and you never know how cheap it'll end up. After all, my Dumbo and Lion King preorders each dropped by a bit. So the motto should always be: preorder with coupon first, decide later.

Plus, this $8 coupon is probably more than a DMR coupon will be. The Tangled 3D combo pack was only for $5.

rexinnih 06-09-11 12:39 PM

I'm in. Here's hoping for continuous price drops until release day.

DirkUSA 06-09-11 12:44 PM

and no coupon for us who live in NY again. :(

E Unit 06-09-11 12:57 PM

Cool, thanks for the heads up OP. I'll order for now until we get better details on what coupons Disney and store discounts have to offer.

Rob V 06-09-11 01:02 PM

Awesome! Thank you OP.

Maxflier 06-09-11 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by dugnarug (Post 10810371)
So it will come with 3D Blu-ray, Blu-ray, DVD, and Digital Copy but its a 5 Disc set?

Yes.

E Unit 06-09-11 01:15 PM

Probably a second BD with the special features.

Mike UFC 06-09-11 01:40 PM

Thanks OP. Preordered.

mekeez 06-09-11 02:53 PM

Wow Thanks. I would have certainly missed it since even knowing about it I almost didn't see the small little coupon to clip :P Plus, weirdly when I went to the last screen it had selected a faster shipping for additional $ and I am perfectly happy with the prime speed.

kenbenobi 06-09-11 04:09 PM

Thanks, I ordered as well. Can always be canceled later, but those coupons never last long...

dsa_shea 06-09-11 04:21 PM

In for one as I don't want to miss out on the coupon. Thanks OP!

E Unit 06-09-11 06:32 PM

Just curious, but why is this 5 disc set a Limited Edition? Seems like all the other multi disc releases. Maybe the digital copy? But they've always had those.

IJMSPORT 06-10-11 02:18 AM

I have ZERO interest in the 3D version of this movie, but the $8 coupon is too much of a good deal to pass. If this drops to the $24.99 range, like most Disney 3D movies seem to do at their time of release, you get the 5-disc set for 17 bucks.

Win.

mattysemo247 06-10-11 12:41 PM

This was in my goldbox today so I went ahead and ordered it. Don't want the 3D version since it's worthless to me, but this will probably end up being as cheap or cheaper (with the coupon) as the regular version.

Vermiknid 06-10-11 11:01 PM

I'm in. Thanks OP!

kar10 06-13-11 08:13 AM

I pre-ordered one :)

Anubis2005X 06-13-11 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by trespoochies (Post 10811001)
Just curious, but why is this 5 disc set a Limited Edition? Seems like all the other multi disc releases. Maybe the digital copy? But they've always had those.

Maybe to help with sales? People jump when it comes to Disney vault titles and the idea of something being LIMITED!! Just a guess on my part...

E Unit 06-13-11 02:44 PM

But why start with this one? Tron Legacy would have been a good one as well.