Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Gohastings 3 for 21 is back.

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-11, 04:52 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Gohastings 3 for 21 is back.

Originally Posted by izatright
It's not simply NOT up to date, it's just plain retarded. Person X can place an order at 10 AM PST, and Person Y at 11 AM PST. However, the next day Person X gets his order canceled and person Y gets it fulfilled. I've had confirmation of this numerous times during their sales. It's a crap shoot. As for incorrect titles, I got SIX incorrect titles out of 13 shipped items in the last sale alone. The only time it DOESN'T happen is when there's no chance.

This is just plain lucky. I've probably ordered a hundred or more 100 titles and had to ship back at least 30-45. I shipped back 6 in the last sale, out of 14, due to mistakes..
bummer, I've had a problem once ... out of around 90 titles shipped to me
Old 05-26-11, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

As I understand it (from what a GoHastings' CSR told me), their online inventory system represents a "real-time" inventory from their B&M stores.
If that's true, then online customers could be buying items that show as in stock, but then the item might possibly be bought off the store shelf before their employees get a chance to pull the item.

Bought The Hurt Locker, Inception and the newest HP flick for a little under $28 shipped.*
*assuming they actually ship. LOL!
Old 05-26-11, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Clappj, maybe. I'm sure that's a possibility. But that doesn't excuse them from canceling an order and honoring the one placed after it. I'm sick of this company, after that BIEBERHOSEN sale. I'll stop complaining now, but it had to be said.
Old 05-26-11, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I understand how people can be upset, but if they are just cancelling orders then it really isn't the biggest deal. If they cancel then I"m out the 5 minutes it took me to order, but on the off chance I do get them it was worth the 5 minutes. It's a chance you take that granted you shouldn't have to, but I wouldn't stop doing deals just because of cancellations. Now if i kept getting wrong orders that were causing me to waste time calling CS and sending stuff back that would be a different story.
Old 05-27-11, 07:29 AM

It's not simply NOT up to date, it's just plain retarded. Person X can place an order at 10 AM PST, and Person Y at 11 AM PST. However, the next day Person X gets his order canceled and person Y gets it fulfilled. I've had confirmation of this numerous times during their sales. It's a crap shoot. As for incorrect titles, I got SIX incorrect titles out of 13 shipped items in the last sale alone. The only time it DOESN'T happen is when there's no chance.

This is just plain lucky. I've probably ordered a hundred or more 100 titles and had to ship back at least 30-45. I shipped back 6 in the last sale, out of 14, due to mistakes..
That sounds more like you're unlucky, rather than everyone else being lucky. Sorry to hear that. Although, I'm surprised you even had to ship them back. A lot of people have said that they contacted Customer Service to say they got the wrong title and they usually just ship out another copy and don't even ask for the original one to be sent back. Maybe they've changed things, but that used to be the case. As for how they cancel their orders, I'm not really sure about that. That does seem weird. But, I have a couple of possible explanations, but one that is probably more accurate. Since the movies come from the B&M stores, it's possible that goHasting's checks for the closest store to the customer that has the movie. They send the request to the store for them to ship it. The store near Person Y happens to still have the copy and ships it out, but the store near Person X finds out that they had sold it before they could fulfill the order. What they do after that is anyone's guess. Does goHasting's just get the order back and find another store or do they just cancel it right then? If it gets sent back to goHastings for them to find another store, I guess it's still possible that by then all the stores have sold out, especially during one of the more popular sales.
Old 05-27-11, 11:46 AM

I ordered Machete, Bieber (for my daughter) and Green Hornet. Immediately, I got a cancellation notice on the Green Hornet. I looked at my account, and the cost/shipping of the order was not updated.
I checked again today, and it says "In Process" for Machete and Bieber, but Machete is listed as out of stock now, and Green Hornet is listed as available? WTF?

Here are my questions - If only 2 ship, will I end up paying only $14 plus shipping? Could I call them and choose another title and pay the $21 + shipping?

And, why wouldn't they just say out of stock and wait until they got stock in, instead of immediately cancelling? that seems rediculous...
Old 05-27-11, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 702 Likes on 455 Posts

Green Hornet is a newly released, popular title that probably got ordered hundreds, if not thousands of times. They know that they aren't going to get that many used copies, so just cancel them all. I ordered Stand By Me last week and it just shipped yesterday. It looks like in that case, they did wait to see if they got more in before canceling.

If only 2 ship, you will only be charged the $14 plus shipping
Old 05-27-11, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by obidawsn
If it gets sent back to goHastings for them to find another store, I guess it's still possible that by then all the stores have sold out, especially during one of the more popular sales.
I may be particularly unlucky, but I know I'm not alone. On every forum I've been on, when a Gohastings sale starts, everyone always grumbles about the inevitable mistakes. In any case, your theory sounds plausible. I wonder, too, if they don't just get in new used copies throughout the day as they purchase new used stock in their several hundred stores. Which still leads me to believe they need to fix the method of fulfillment!

I got to keep one title that I didn't mention, Scott Pilgrim, but that was it.
Old 05-27-11, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

A lot of people on blu-ray.com who had their items cancelled are calling GH and being given a reference number so that when it comes back in stock they can order it at full price then get credited the difference over 7 dollars.
Old 05-27-11, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unless you specifically know which titles you want, it can be a HUGE waste of time and effort just trying to search for something at Hastings, so antiquated is their online operation. It's particularly frustrating when you do finally track down stuff you want only to then have it canceled or be misrepresented on the site.

If a movie you want has a common title, I swear it's nearly a foregone conclusion that you will be sent the wrong movie with the same title, no matter what page and picture you ordered from. It's happened to me about 11 times now. The most recent was with a spaghetti western I ordered, only to be sent a Roy Rogers movie with the same title.
Old 05-27-11, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I want reference numbers and the ability to get my items for the same price! I'm going to write and ask for it for at least the Magnificent Seven blu-ray series box set. They sent me a second email saying I could keep the first film, which was what they sent, but only after sending me the first email saying I had to return it. Naturally I returned it a day before the second email reached my inbox.

Last edited by izatright; 05-27-11 at 09:34 PM.
Old 05-27-11, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I want reference numbers and the ability to get my items for the same price!
You could try..... calling them.
Old 05-27-11, 10:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pretty happy with my first experience with Gohastings. Got Apocalypto, Tron and Star Trek for about $9 each (after shipping). Tron was brand new, which I was obviously very happy with.
Old 05-28-11, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

my other 2 shipped so I ended up getting

The incredibles
Tron Legacy 3d
Green Hornet 3d

for 27 bucks, damn great deal if you ask me
Old 05-28-11, 02:12 AM

Delivered so far from the 3 for 21:

Tangled 3D
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
The Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader
The Incredibles
The Green Hornet
Despicable Me
It Might Get Loud
Let Me In
Inception
Black Swan

Cancelled:
Micmacs
Rocky Horror

Every disc received was correct, complete, and in excellent condition. And the Disney Movie Rewards codes still worked. Incredible sale in my opinion.
Old 05-28-11, 02:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by glassdragon
You could try..... calling them.
I did! I was on the phone for 15 minutes trying to get them to sort out their mess. They never offered anything of the sort.
Old 05-28-11, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I did! I was on the phone for 15 minutes trying to get them to sort out their mess. They never offered anything of the sort.
I would call them again and tell them that you heard others were getting that option. Maybe if they know you are aware of it they will offer it, plus they don't seem like the brightest bunch so it's quite possible that either who you talked to didn't know about it or they instituted it after you made your call.
Old 05-28-11, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by glassdragon
I would call them again
Yeah, I think I might if they don't resolve the Magnificent Seven Collection thing to my satisfaction. I feel like I've already let the other ones go on too long so I may just wait until next time for the other 21 item cancellations / missents.
Old 06-01-11, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Got my Incredibles and Tron legacy 3d today. The incredibles still has the cars 2 ticket and code in it and the Tron 3d was brand new I think, y-wrap and all.
Old 06-01-11, 01:21 PM

Received 702 Likes on 455 Posts

Got all 9 that I ordered this go round. The key for these promos is to have your wishlist ready and add the titles as soon as they send out the notice.
Old 06-01-11, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Happy delivery for me. Tron 3d was brand new and the Incredible's DMR code hadn't been used, so I got a free ticket to Cars.
Old 06-01-11, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I called up Gohastings today. The girl I spoke to seemed very hesitant to admit that some people were allowed to reserve things for the sale price when they came back in stock. (She also laughed at me when I told her they sent me the wrong how-to-draw Manga book. I wanted to tell her it was actually a present for my pre-teen cousin, but it seemed too defensive. After a minute passed, it was too late). Long story short, they're going to honor the $7 price for the blu-ray Magnificent Seven Collection when it comes back in stock! Score!
Old 06-01-11, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Got my Narnia: Dawn Treader that was supposed to be the Blu/DVD/Digital copy w/ special features and got the movie only single disc instead. Contacted them and they made good. great folks.