Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Blockbuster 5 for $20 Sale (Previously Viewed)

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Blockbuster 5 for $20 Sale (Previously Viewed)

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-11, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts
Re: Blockbuster 5 for $20 Sale (Previously Viewed)

I'll have to check my local BBV sometime tonight, even if it is YMMV (with the two Hawaii folk and DirkBelig reporting luck)

Hell, at $4 I'd pick up My Soul To Take
Old 05-27-11, 01:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nothing new at my closest store. The only thing they got were more crappy dvds and the manager didnt expect anything new. Has anyone been able to buy season 1 of Sarah Connor? This store had disc 2 for $6.99 and the two other discs for $12.99 pathetic. They wouldnt change the price.
Old 05-27-11, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bobwil54
Nothing new at my closest store. The only thing they got were more crappy dvds and the manager didnt expect anything new. Has anyone been able to buy season 1 of Sarah Connor? This store had disc 2 for $6.99 and the two other discs for $12.99 pathetic. They wouldnt change the price.
I know some have expressed that this was not a bargain, but Sarah Connor BR seasons are at DVD2Blu for 15 bucks a piece. min. 35 for free shipping.
Old 05-27-11, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Saw Rambo 4 today but couldn't find anything else I wanted so I skipped it.
Old 05-27-11, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
I know some have expressed that this was not a bargain, but Sarah Connor BR seasons are at DVD2Blu for 15 bucks a piece. min. 35 for free shipping.
I'll check it out. Thanks
Old 05-27-11, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by dino88

I'm going to hold off on adding these to the OP. It seems to be only a particular area that is getting these drops, so I'll wait for confirmation that it's everywhere.

Sleepyhead, are you in Hawaii as well?
Yeah, I'm in Hawaii like rkndkn.

Originally Posted by rkndkn
Went back to a branch I hadn't been to since the May 17th presale. Bummed as they said they had restocked this Tuesday and everything was jampacked full then. Oh well. Went to one other branch but they didn't have the same titles marked down to $9.99.
Which Blockbuster locations (on Oahu) did you go to? I went to the one near Ala Moana and they had a very crappy selection. I went to another Blockbuster and the selections were far better. I'm thinking about going to the Kahala but don't want to trek all the way out there if the selection is junk.

I talked to the cashier today since I had to go exchange something and they told me that they were expecting a huge shipment of 1900 dvd/bd from their distrubutor/warehouse this week. I suspect if you're local BB is expecting a huge shipment before the sale ends that you should see some price drops on certain $12.99 discs.

Anyway, exchanged for a copy of Fatal Attraction today.
Old 05-27-11, 04:01 PM

Stopped in the Blockbuster closest to me just a little while ago. Guy there said they had gotten about 10 boxes of Blu-Rays that were going to be $6.99 a piece. They had only opened one of the boxes though, but out of that box I got "White Ribbon" and "Volver". I'll go back tomorrow or Sunday to see what else they got in.

* Another title that I got a week ago that's missing on the main list is "Groundhog Day".
Old 05-27-11, 08:15 PM
Political Exile

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts

I had stopped by a store near work earlier this week and although their selection seemed large, I could only find five titles, but today I stopped by the store nearest my house (about 5 miles away), and picked up 15 blu-rays and 8 Xbox 360 games, and spent a total of $112 + tax. The Xbox games were all big titles like Bioshock 2, Assassin's Creed 2, Fallout New Vegas, Splinter Cell Conviction and they even let me throw in Star Wars Force Unleashed 2 into the Buy 1 Get 1 even though it was priced at $19.99. Bioshock 2 and Splinter Cell Conviction were only $5 each with the sale.
Old 05-27-11, 08:51 PM

One I went to had some in a crate marked for 5.99 each so they qualified for this sale. I picked up Devil and saw a Grey's Anatomy season in there that stood out. That sale ended today at this one store. So it sounds like YMMV with the shipments the stores are getting.
Old 05-27-11, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Went to the only other BB in town tonight and hit the jackpot as far as titles I really wanted goes:

Red Cliff Part I
Red Cliff Part II
Men Who Stare at Goats
Grown Ups
This is It
She's Out of My League
District 9
The Road
The Wolfman
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
Old 05-27-11, 09:37 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by BambooLounge
I specifically grabbed Chloe for a price check during the pre-sale and it rang up as 12.99.

Hopefully, we get a confirmation on a price drop there.
I did the same thing with Salt and it's still 12.99, funny things they have a ton of DVD copies which are marked at 14.99
Old 05-27-11, 09:50 PM
Cool New Member

I just called my local BB and asked about new shipments of blu-rays

she said they do have more and will start putting them out tomorrow, but they aren't 5 for $20, they are $5 each, and they will drop in price as the days go on. she referred to it as a "blowout" where they want to sell all their inventory.

oh boy
Old 05-27-11, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Quake1028
Went to the only other BB in town tonight and hit the jackpot as far as titles I really wanted goes:

Red Cliff Part I
Red Cliff Part II
Men Who Stare at Goats
Grown Ups
This is It
She's Out of My League
District 9
The Road
The Wolfman
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
That's about ALL my BB had left. Stopped in a week after my first visit hoping to score Social Network and Wanted, but there wasn't very much to choose from. Had QOS in my hand, but couldn't find anything else from my want list.
Old 05-27-11, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by sleepyhead55
Yeah, I'm in Hawaii like rkndkn.

Which Blockbuster locations (on Oahu) did you go to? I went to the one near Ala Moana and they had a very crappy selection. I went to another Blockbuster and the selections were far better. I'm thinking about going to the Kahala but don't want to trek all the way out there if the selection is junk.
I've been to the Kam Shopping Center, Kapiolani and Kahala locations. I've bought from all of them. I found Kam Shopping Center has quite a few titles at $16.99 and not eligible which the other 2 have marked down. Only a matter of time, I think. Kahala this evening had some they didn't have a couple of days ago like "Iron Man 2", "How to Train Your Dragon", "Easy A", "Clash of the Titans".

Which is the "other" one you went to besides Ala Moana which is expecting the shipment?
Old 05-27-11, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by giant panda
I just called my local BB and asked about new shipments of blu-rays

she said they do have more and will start putting them out tomorrow, but they aren't 5 for $20, they are $5 each, and they will drop in price as the days go on. she referred to it as a "blowout" where they want to sell all their inventory.
I just came from the one near my home and asked if they were lowering anything and got the standard "we change prices weekly so check back" spiel. I'd just bought a couple of games, so they know I'm a customer, but no hint of more stock.
Old 05-27-11, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by rkndkn

Which is the "other" one you went to besides Ala Moana which is expecting the shipment?
The Kapolei one. That one hardly has any people in it at all. Only one person at the cash register when I went in the morning. I might go to that one on Sunday or Monday and try to go to the Kahala one on Tuesday. Thanks for the advice/report!
Old 05-27-11, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by sleepyhead55
The Kapolei one. That one hardly has any people in it at all. Only one person at the cash register when I went in the morning. I might go to that one on Sunday or Monday and try to go to the Kahala one on Tuesday. Thanks for the advice/report!

Oooh, a little far for me and I don't even know where it is. Thanks for the info!

P.S. The Kahala one has been the busiest every time I've gone. And they have stacks and stacks of titles in the rental aisles which they really ought to put out for sale!
Old 05-28-11, 01:28 AM
Cool New Member

I am going to be heading out to my local blockbuster tomorrow morning, but I was curious where folks were going to buy new BD cases? I came across sleevetown.com but their shipping costs are a bit high...any other suggestions out there? Any help you can provide would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Old 05-28-11, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Search this thread. Plenty of options have been thoroughly discussed.
Old 05-28-11, 02:32 AM

Hey guys, just wanted to share our latest CMM adventure. We hit up blockbuster and take big advantage of the sale. We also hit up Best Buy in this video and show the whole trade-n-save thing. Big thanks to the OP for the intel! Enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTLVcnIwlfY
Old 05-28-11, 03:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by KrazyJason
Hey guys, just wanted to share our latest CMM adventure. We hit up blockbuster and take big advantage of the sale. We also hit up Best Buy in this video and show the whole trade-n-save thing. Big thanks to the OP for the intel! Enjoy...

Cool vid man. You guys are big time movie buffs. Gamer sucks though, even for $4. I paid $10 to watch it at the movie theatres.

LOL at Wicker Man.
Old 05-28-11, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by KrazyJason

Fun video as usual!

Going to try and hit up a store I don't normally stop by on my way up North today.

Last edited by asianxcore; 05-28-11 at 01:22 PM.
Old 05-28-11, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

No new stock here at two stores... No price drops. Next to no movement on current stock. The only thing new is a table of $3.99 "today only" DVDs. Yawn.

I really wanted to grab Dragon Tattoo and Hornet's Nest but they are still $16.99. Good luck with that BB.

Oh well... Looks like the fun is over here. That's probably a good thing though.
Old 05-28-11, 04:11 PM

Brought today
Ladder 49
Sand Pebbles
Shutter Island (For Trade if anyone wants it)
Disturbia
Hoosiers

Also saw but didnt get
The Mist (Didnt look like it had both versions of the movie)
Eight Below
Old 05-28-11, 05:51 PM

Five more:
Ice Age Dawn of the Dinosaurs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Night at the Museum Battle of the Smithsonian
Twilight
Youth in Revolt

There were quite a few more out and marked at $9.99 but I couldn't bring myself to buy ones cold and such.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.