Reload this Page >

Dollhouse: Season 2 - $22.49 @ Amazon

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Dollhouse: Season 2 - $22.49 @ Amazon

Old 05-16-11, 07:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Dollhouse: Season 2 - $22.49 @ Amazon

Originally Posted by grassmonk
This happened to my set, too. I'm debating requesting a replacement but I may just spent a dollar on a new case since the discs themselves seem to be fine.
Grassmonk,

Just curious...are you located in the midwest or somewhere else? Just wondering if these could have all shipped from the same warehouse or if there's a broader problem.
Old 05-16-11, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by DVDMovieMan
Grassmonk,

Just curious...are you located in the midwest or somewhere else? Just wondering if these could have all shipped from the same warehouse or if there's a broader problem.
I am in Utah. I'm not sure where my package shipped from - Phoenix maybe?
Old 05-17-11, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by grassmonk
I am in Utah. I'm not sure where my package shipped from - Phoenix maybe?
All of my busted copies have shipped out of Chicago. I'm guessing it's a combination of too-rigid plastic (bad case design) and the fact that Amazon has started shipping in bubble wrap envelopes vs. real boxes (at least, from certain warehouses).

I received a different DVD title from Amazon just yesterday. It arrived in a box and was in mint condition.
Old 05-20-11, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts
Re: Question to others who ordered this...

Originally Posted by DVDMovieMan
That one also arrived with a plastic ratting sound so I tried again (third times the charm, right?) The third one ALSO has a plastic rattling sound!
I'm surprised they sent you a third copy. I had never been in that situation before, but I ordered the Yojimbo/Sanjuro BD set from their Criterion sale. They consolidated it with another order and crammed everything into a small box. The package was crushed in transit and the bonehead who packed it put this set right on top. The slipcase had huge crushed corner.

I requested a replacement. It arrived today and was clearly a re-shrinkwrapped return. The box is totally shelf-worn with black residue all over the corners. There was no Criterion sticker on the front and the shrinkwrap was applied poorly. One of the plastic cases is shattered and pieces were falling off. I was upset by this, but decided to contact them one more time.

Their customer service rep shot down the option of a second replacement via e-mail. He told me it was probably a recurring issue and to try buying it from a third party seller instead. I'm pissed, quite frankly. I wanted this set at the price I paid. The only "recurring issue" I've encountered is Amazon trying to pass off an obviously damaged return as factory sealed. I don't want a refund, I just want to receive the set I ordered in acceptable condition. I don't think that's asking for much.
Old 05-20-11, 06:21 AM

Re: Question to others who ordered this...

Originally Posted by joe_b
I'm surprised they sent you a third copy. I had never been in that situation before, but I ordered the Yojimbo/Sanjuro BD set from their Criterion sale. They consolidated it with another order and crammed everything into a small box. The package was crushed in transit and the bonehead who packed it put this set right on top. The slipcase had huge crushed corner.

I requested a replacement. It arrived today and was clearly a re-shrinkwrapped return. The box is totally shelf-worn with black residue all over the corners. There was no Criterion sticker on the front and the shrinkwrap was applied poorly. One of the plastic cases is shattered and pieces were falling off. I was upset by this, but decided to contact them one more time.

Their customer service rep shot down the option of a second replacement via e-mail. He told me it was probably a recurring issue and to try buying it from a third party seller instead. I'm pissed, quite frankly. I wanted this set at the price I paid. The only "recurring issue" I've encountered is Amazon trying to pass off an obviously damaged return as factory sealed. I don't want a refund, I just want to receive the set I ordered in acceptable condition. I don't think that's asking for much.
Joe,

The email you received should have included a hyperlink for "No, this didn't resolve my issue". Click that and you'll have the option for Amazon to call you. Tell them what happened and they'll take good care of you. They sent me a fourth copy. This one had been opened and re-sealed, but I assume that was from them checking to make sure this one wasn't busted prior to shipment -- which was fine with me. They even followed up with a courtesy call to make sure this one arrive unscathed.

If you no longer have the email, I'm sure there's a way to reach them via phone from their site.
Old 05-20-11, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

Thank you for the info. I did contact them by e-mail and they created a replacement shipment "as an exception". Since when is assisting a customer in receiving merchandise in acceptable condition an exception and not a rule?

I know those support guys are going off script, but to me that comes off a bit snippy -- like they were letting me off with a warning or something. This situation wasn't my fault and I don't feel I was being difficult here. I replied back and told them to reconsider their use of the phrase, as it may turn off future customers.
Old 05-20-11, 02:26 PM

I couldn't agree with you more. Their poor quality control and crappy bubble mailers will hurt them in the long run. Even their great customer service won't save them if they don't stop copping an attitude over their own issues.