DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   Superman Anthology @ Columbiahouse.com (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/590172-superman-anthology-%40-columbiahouse-com.html)

mw390 04-28-11 07:52 AM

Superman Anthology @ Columbiahouse.com

Superman Anthology on Bluray is 77.97 + 2.99 shipping + tax. So I end up with a better deal than wbshop.com. Shoulda kept the 25% off for insiders.

joltman 04-28-11 08:14 AM

Re: Superman Anthology @ Columbiahouse.com

If you plan on getting this, you can do a 6:3 (the same as the 7:2, just don't take the 9.99 title) and use this for all three fulfillments.

stingermck 04-28-11 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by joltman (Post 10746397)
If you plan on getting this, you can do a 6:3 (the same as the 7:2, just don't take the 9.99 title) and use this for all three fulfillments.

That's what I was just thinking since I'm working on a new sign up now.

mw390 04-28-11 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by joltman (Post 10746397)

Signed up already. I was just browsing seeing as how which titles I could use to fulfill my buy 2 more deal. Since all BDs are on sale I just kept browsing and there it was.

Explain your 3 fulfillments statement please

joltman 04-28-11 10:46 AM

Since the set costs more than $60, it can count for three fulfillments. That means the most cost-effective way of getting it would be to sign up using the 7:2 link, but don't take the 7th title for 9.99, meaning that you get 6 titles for enrollment and then you need to purchase three fulfillments. Then, buy the Superman set, and it will count for all three of your fulfillments.

stingermck 04-28-11 11:00 AM

Its been years since I used CH, so when do they charge for pre-orders? And are there still codes for a discount off your first order?

kenbenobi 04-28-11 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by stingermck (Post 10746638)
Its been years since I used CH, so when do they charge for pre-orders? And are there still codes for a discount off your first order?

They don't charge until it ships. No, there are no discounts for first orders. I remember that though. Man, that was a LOOOONG time ago... You can use code 801490 when placing your order, to get 2 free DVD's. That's the best promo code available right now.

stingermck 04-28-11 12:40 PM

The Promotional Code 801490 is not valid. Thanks anyway, guess it was recently taken down?

Still a good deal if I use Supes as all fulfillment.

whotony 04-28-11 12:59 PM

It was working yestderday.

Imprint 04-28-11 02:12 PM

It worked for me today. Make sure you didn't copy/paste a superfluous space at the end of the number. That happened to me once.

stingermck 04-28-11 02:29 PM

Now I get: "The given Promotion has expired." Oh well

mw390 04-28-11 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by joltman (Post 10746615)
Since the set costs more than $60, it can count for three fulfillments. That means the most cost-effective way of getting it would be to sign up using the 7:2 link, but don't take the 7th title for 9.99, meaning that you get 6 titles for enrollment and then you need to purchase three fulfillments. Then, buy the Superman set, and it will count for all three of your fulfillments.

That's interesting.My past experience has been that you must buy a NOT on sale DVD of at LEAST 19.95. So whether it was $20 or $40 it was one title. So, are you saying that if I bought a $40 disc they divide by $19.95 and come up with 2 titles??

Also the Superman is on sale. I thought on sale products dont count even if they're > than $19.95. As a matter of fact I bought 2 titles, 1 for $8 and the other for $23 (a pre-order) BOTH on sale and I didn't see my requirement go
down. Can you direct me to their convoluted rules for fulfilling commitment?
Thx

darkdaze73 04-28-11 07:13 PM

or if you don't mind importing, you can get it for around $60 at Amazon UK...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Complete-Sup...4035900&sr=8-1

kenbenobi 04-28-11 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by mw390 (Post 10747128)
That's interesting.My past experience has been that you must buy a NOT on sale DVD of at LEAST 19.95. So whether it was $20 or $40 it was one title. So, are you saying that if I bought a $40 disc they divide by $19.95 and come up with 2 titles??

Also the Superman is on sale. I thought on sale products dont count even if they're > than $19.95. As a matter of fact I bought 2 titles, 1 for $8 and the other for $23 (a pre-order) BOTH on sale and I didn't see my requirement go
Thx

They have a chart. You don't just divide by 19.95. I don't know where it is though. Sale titles DO count as long as they are 19.95 or higher. Your pre-order hasn't shipped yet, so that's why it didn't go down yet...

joltman 04-29-11 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by mw390 (Post 10747128)

Thx

You must be thinking of the Disney Movie Club, CH has always allowed sale titles to count for fulfillments as long as the final price is above the fulfillment price.
And your $23 pre-order will count, but not until they charge you for it.

ericmylad 04-29-11 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi (Post 10747871)
They have a chart. You don't just divide by 19.95. I don't know where it is though. Sale titles DO count as long as they are 19.95 or higher. Your pre-order hasn't shipped yet, so that's why it didn't go down yet...

I just want to add that I called CH this morning and spoke to a CSR who verifed that the Superman purchase WOULD count as 3 purchases.