Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

MovieStop YMMV Blu-ray bargains

Old 04-26-11, 09:54 PM

MovieStop YMMV Blu-ray bargains

There might as well be a catch-all MovieStop thread by now, right?

The Turnersville, NJ store has some random Blu-rays on sale:

The City of Your Final Destination $5.99
(Untitled) $5.99
Sleepwalking $6.99
Jack Ketchum's The Girl Next Door $6.99
Flashbacks of a Fool $6.99
Hellraiser (oop) $6.99
Paycheck (oop) $9.99
El Mariachi/Desperado $9.99

Picked up The Loss of a Teardrop Diamond as a blind buy for $5.99.
Old 04-27-11, 02:04 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Re: MovieStop YMMV Blu-ray bargains

The one in Fayetteville, N.C., always has stuff on sale but it's always hit or miss. I noticed they had a lot of Universal titles on sale for $10-$15 the other day (Land of the Lost, Last House on the Left, etc.). I'd pick up the Canadian From Dusk Till Dawn if it wasn't $20 "used."
Old 04-27-11, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'll have to swing by when I'm close to one this weekend and look for Hellraiser.
Old 04-30-11, 03:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by SethDLH View Post
I'll have to swing by when I'm close to one this weekend and look for Hellraiser.
Found the only copy in the store for $6.99, well worth it. There were dozens of other titles on the $9.99 and under table, few were worth it though.
Old 05-02-11, 04:37 PM

I didn't see Hellraiser but I saw about 6 copies of Zodiac for $9.99. I got El Mariachi/Deperado combo for 9.99 brand new. They also have a new list of trade 2 blus get 1 brand new title free. Here is the list:
The Green Hornet either blu or combo
The Dilemma
No Strings Attached
Justin Beber
The Mechanic
The Rite
I AM Number Four
Gnome and Juliet
Drive Angry
True Grit
Just Go With It blu or combo
Battle L.A.
Unknown
The Adjustment Bureau
The Eagle

FYI if the trade in title is less than $4 they wont take ala Echo Bridge Titles.
Old 05-14-11, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

^^^
I went to the MovieStop in Towson, MD last night & saw 2 new copies of Zodiac for $10. They are still there cause I already have it, but I did get get the OOP Indecent Proposal for $10 (several copies left) & also got the El Mariachi/Desperado combo for $10.
Old 05-14-11, 12:45 PM

New titles were added for the trade in deal
Hall Pass
Sucker Punch

Also if you have 4 blurays that arent worth $4 in trade value you can trade in for 1 on the new releases.
Old 11-08-12, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I saw the Blu Ray version of The Pacific (Used) there yesterday for $21.99. I hadn't been in Moviestop in a very long time...
Old 11-08-12, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The Trade two for one deal blu ray has been changed in the last year or so, the two blu rays have to have a trade in vale of $3 now, not 4 in order to qualify for the deal, though with values plummeting the last time I went in with about 8 blus, I only qualified for one new release, though I have literally every worthwhile new release on reserve from no until the end of the year: Spiderman, Ted, Brave, Dark Knight Rises, Nemo, Expendables 2, Bourne, The Watch, etc...etc. These titles in most cases essentially cost me only $2 each.

Another good tip, if you are bringing in a lot of dvds, they have a 4 for 1 new release dvd deal going on, the trick here is for example you trade 4 titles all worth $1.50 each in, thats normally $6 credit... but you get a new release and immediately trade that title in, $12 without MVP discount card, $13.20 WITH card. You do need to be up front and check those trade in values though and qualifying titles. Most workers need to be reminded about the trade in deals, I had 4 qualifying dvds the other day and the guy neglected to mention it because I buy only blu rays.

ALSO, those of us that take advantage of the upgrade and save, be sure to check those trade in prices, I've had titles trade in for a little as .06... yes six cents! For that I am much better off trading THOSE titles into Best Buy during the next U&S.

You CAN upgrade your blu ray reserves to 3D, just have to pay the difference, which is generally under $5

The discount card $15 for a year is SO WORTH IT, you are getting 10% extra on trades, 10% off used titles AND you get a year of Entertainment Weekly, which it is worth it for alone
Old 11-08-12, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by lewisb73 View Post
The Trade two for one deal blu ray has been changed in the last year or so, the two blu rays have to have a trade in vale of $3 now, not 4 in order to qualify for the deal, though with values plummeting the last time I went in with about 8 blus, I only qualified for one new release, though I have literally every worthwhile new release on reserve from no until the end of the year: Spiderman, Ted, Brave, Dark Knight Rises, Nemo, Expendables 2, Bourne, The Watch, etc...etc. These titles in most cases essentially cost me only $2 each.

Another good tip, if you are bringing in a lot of dvds, they have a 4 for 1 new release dvd deal going on, the trick here is for example you trade 4 titles all worth $1.50 each in, thats normally $6 credit... but you get a new release and immediately trade that title in, $12 without MVP discount card, $13.20 WITH card. You do need to be up front and check those trade in values though and qualifying titles. Most workers need to be reminded about the trade in deals, I had 4 qualifying dvds the other day and the guy neglected to mention it because I buy only blu rays.

ALSO, those of us that take advantage of the upgrade and save, be sure to check those trade in prices, I've had titles trade in for a little as .06... yes six cents! For that I am much better off trading THOSE titles into Best Buy during the next U&S.

You CAN upgrade your blu ray reserves to 3D, just have to pay the difference, which is generally under $5

The discount card $15 for a year is SO WORTH IT, you are getting 10% extra on trades, 10% off used titles AND you get a year of Entertainment Weekly, which it is worth it for alone
Also, if you have a friend who is a movie buff, it helps to go in together on the Director's Club Card.
Old 11-08-12, 01:09 PM

The discount card went up to $20 but you get a $5 GC and still receive a year subscription to Entertainment Weekly. Even with the price increase its still worth it.
Old 11-08-12, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was unaware of that, since mine doesnt end until December, but yes, still worth it

Amazed the 2 for 1 doesnt get more support in the forums, but I guess Moviestops are still pretty hard to find
Old 11-08-12, 04:12 PM

Mainly a East Coast thing but I don't understand why there not everywhere since Gamestop owns them.