DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   $5 Blu's at Target (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/589502-%245-blus-target.html)

seans515 04-10-11 08:11 PM

$5 Blu's at Target

Target has some $5 Blu rays from Mill creek. Their listed as unavailable on Amazon at $9.98 but no % off the list price yet.

Got

- Straight Talk

- Gross Anatomy

- Big Buisness

Obi-Wanma 04-10-11 09:01 PM

Re: $5 Blu's at Target

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bar...-bargains.html

schbee 04-10-11 09:45 PM

Thanks I am going to grab those 3 as well. I hope they keep them at $5

AmityBoatTours 04-10-11 11:07 PM

the search feature is your friend there has been a thread for these 5 dollar mill creek blurays at Target for a few weeks now.

obidawsn 04-11-11 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours (Post 10719104)
the search feature is your friend there has been a thread for these 5 dollar mill creek blurays at Target for a few weeks now.

The search feature on this forum is definitely not friendly. I hate using it. Everytime I try to search for something it gives me posts listed in random order, sometimes with posts from years ago listed first. As for me, I'm glad that this deal is listed separately. I hate having to look at one thread everyday, reading all the posts to see if a new deal has popped up. When there's a great deal, it should be posted separately. Thanks OP.

Obi-Wanma 04-11-11 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by obidawsn (Post 10719276)
The search feature on this forum is definitely not friendly. I hate using it. Everytime I try to search for something it gives me posts listed in random order, sometimes with posts from years ago listed first. As for me, I'm glad that this deal is listed separately. I hate having to look at one thread everyday, reading all the posts to see if a new deal has popped up. When there's a great deal, it should be posted separately. Thanks OP.

The thread that I linked to in the second post was created specifically for this deal. So this thread is redunant.

zekeburger1979 04-11-11 02:14 PM

It's a lot easier if you go to Advanced Search and make sure that the dropdown menu underneath Keyword Search is set to Search Titles Only.

That'sAllFolks 04-11-11 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by zekeburger1979 (Post 10719998)
It's a lot easier if you go to Advanced Search and make sure that the dropdown menu underneath Keyword Search is set to Search Titles Only.

Actually it's a lot easier to use Google Adv Search and specify DVD Talk as the site.

AmityBoatTours 04-11-11 02:50 PM

As Obi-wan said above that thread was specificly created for and focuses on these 5.00 titles. so again the search feature is your friend.

Can a mod merge this thread with the other thread since the two are about the same bargin blus at target.

Manzana 04-12-11 09:13 AM

Since the $5 Target BDs discussion has moved to this thread, has anyone bought and watched the $5 BD called "America's National Treasures" which says it has 2 discs inside?

It sounds like a good deal until you go to Amazon and find 0 reviews and then search on Google and find exactly 1 review which says it's like a boring history lesson at school with some pretty HD images.

I'd like to know if anyone has watched it and thinks it's still worth $5. Is it mostly images of these "national treasures" or is it mostly talking heads and illustrations?

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi 04-12-11 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni (Post 10719338)
The thread that I linked to in the second post was created specifically for this deal. So this thread is redunant.

This thread has a better title since it's more descriptive of what the deal is. This one got a click by me to see what's inside while I ignored the other one.

jsz1002 04-12-11 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Manzana (Post 10721207)
Since the $5 Target BDs discussion has moved to this thread, has anyone bought and watched the $5 BD called "America's National Treasures" which says it has 2 discs inside?

It sounds like a good deal until you go to Amazon and find 0 reviews and then search on Google and find exactly 1 review which says it's like a boring history lesson at school with some pretty HD images.

I'd like to know if anyone has watched it and thinks it's still worth $5. Is it mostly images of these "national treasures" or is it mostly talking heads and illustrations?

I bought it last week. I haven't watched too much of it because it's not something (to me anyway) I could watch a lot of at once. It's mostly footage of the monuments with 3 categories: Vitrual Tour, History, and Culture (or something like that). The quality is pretty good. There are some compression problems. Also, the audio is only 2 channel dolby digital stereo. All together, I would recommend it for $5.

sotra 04-12-11 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana (Post 10721207)

Here's a review - http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/46612...sures/?___rd=1
I got it too, but haven't opened it yet.

Manzana 04-13-11 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by sotra (Post 10722524)
Here's a review - http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/46612...sures/?___rd=1
I got it too, but haven't opened it yet.

Yes, that was the one and only review I could find for it (no info available on Amazon user reviews), and it's why I was asking if other people liked it because the review is not exactly glowing.

Originally Posted by jsz1002 (Post 10721391)
I bought it last week. I haven't watched too much of it because it's not something (to me anyway) I could watch a lot of at once. It's mostly footage of the monuments with 3 categories: Vitrual Tour, History, and Culture (or something like that). The quality is pretty good. There are some compression problems. Also, the audio is only 2 channel dolby digital stereo. All together, I would recommend it for $5.

Thanks for this info. Could you describe a little more what those 3 categories mean? Is it a single program you sit down and watch with it divided into subsections or is it like an interactive BD where you select Virtual Tour and watch some stuff, then return to the menu, select History, etc.? And is this footage of the monuments good stuff to watch or is it a bunch of handheld camera work mostly showing people?

Remember the old America the Beautiful attraction at Disneyland? I'm hoping it's something like that where you get pretty scenery with narration rather than a bunch of interviews like watching your average A&E or History Channel special. I guess for $5 I should just open it. Normally there are more reviews and it's an easier decision.

jsz1002 04-13-11 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by Manzana (Post 10722561)
Yes, that was the one and only review I could find for it (no info available on Amazon user reviews), and it's why I was asking if other people liked it because the review is not exactly glowing.

Thanks for this info. Could you describe a little more what those 3 categories mean? Is it a single program you sit down and watch with it divided into subsections or is it like an interactive BD where you select Virtual Tour and watch some stuff, then return to the menu, select History, etc.? And is this footage of the monuments good stuff to watch or is it a bunch of handheld camera work mostly showing people?

Remember the old America the Beautiful attraction at Disneyland? I'm hoping it's something like that where you get pretty scenery with narration rather than a bunch of interviews like watching your average A&E or History Channel special. I guess for $5 I should just open it. Normally there are more reviews and it's an easier decision.

Virtual Tour just shows you what the monument looks like and gives information about when it was established and who established it. It's not an interactive disc. This is just what the particular section of the film is called. History and Culture tells about the cultures who discovered them and Science tells about the geology of the area around the monument or the monument itself. The footage is professionally shot. There are interviews throughout, but most of them are with the National Park Service and presented along with the scenery. Basically, not a lot of talking heads. It's worth $5.

Manzana 04-13-11 09:48 AM

Thanks, jsz1002, that convinced me to keep it. Now the only question is when I'll get to watching it with all the other stuff in my to-be-watched queue.

DeepSleep 04-17-11 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by seans515 (Post 10718900)
Target has some $5 Blu rays from Mill creek. Their listed as unavailable on Amazon at $9.98 but no % off the list price yet.

Got

- Straight Talk

- Gross Anatomy

- Big Buisness

They are on sale this week for $3.99

jjcool 04-17-11 02:58 PM

Seems like a good deal. Thanks OP.

Kory 04-17-11 03:56 PM

Seems as if the "America's National Treasures" dropped too, at least by looking at their website. Was debating on whether or not to keep it, but that extra buck puts me over the top, as silly as that seems. I'll get it refunded today when I go to pick up "Parks and Recreation" Season 2.

Azraelms 04-17-11 10:01 PM

Does anyone happen to have the DCPI Number for these? My Target doesn't have these, but my friend that works there said that he can find them based on the DCPI number.

DeepSleep 04-18-11 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Azraelms (Post 10729874)
Does anyone happen to have the DCPI Number for these? My Target doesn't have these, but my friend that works there said that he can find them based on the DCPI number.

Gross Anatomy is: 058320207 $3.99

America's National Treasures is: 058350020 $3.99

Another Stakeout is: 058340215 $3.99