DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   Cars Blu Disney Movie Rewards $8 Upgrade (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/589416-cars-blu-disney-movie-rewards-%248-upgrade.html)

elkkthunder 04-07-11 07:28 PM

Cars Blu Disney Movie Rewards $8 Upgrade

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/...2211415690.jpg

http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com...s/cars-upgrade

Isny 04-07-11 07:28 PM

Re: Cars Blu Disney Movie Rewards $8 Upgrade

The Incredibles DVD: 786936244250
Cars Blu Ray Single Disc: 786936734041

ozzfan84 04-07-11 08:31 PM

I don't get why they're promoting it to people who already have the blu. Are there more features on this one?

Mike UFC 04-07-11 08:32 PM

Two coupons? Time to cancel my Amazon pre-order.

Solid Snake 04-07-11 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by ozzfan84 (Post 10715544)
I don't get why they're promoting it to people who already have the blu. Are there more features on this one?

A DVD...I think that's it...a DVD of the movie.

Isny 04-07-11 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC (Post 10715574)
A DVD...I think that's it...a DVD of the movie.

Yup, that's it. It's just a money grab.

Also, I'm sure if they didn't let you use the Blu Ray UPC people would probably complain, so this just avoids any potential sticky situations.

vmars 04-07-11 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Isny (Post 10715595)
Yup, that's it. It's just a money grab.

Also, I'm sure if they didn't let you use the Blu Ray UPC people would probably complain, so this just avoids any potential sticky situations.

Oh I heard in another thread that the they upgraded the sound and the Mater short is now in HD. Don't take my word for it though

wormraper 04-07-11 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by vmars (Post 10715603)
Oh I heard in another thread that the they upgraded the sound and the Mater short is now in HD. Don't take my word for it though

no upgrade on the sound. the both lossless, just they used PCM back in the starting days and now DTS-HD MA is their codec of choice for todays releases

Kory 04-07-11 09:07 PM

From what I've read, they have "upgraded" the audio on the Blu-ray as well to DTS-HD Master Audio from PCM, but I can't confirm that for sure. Also I read that they upgraded one of the shorts on the disc from SD to HD. Meh. I'm happy with my SteelBook, but I wouldn't mind swapping the disc from that for the new one.

Edit: vmars beat me to it.

Kenny22 04-07-11 10:05 PM

Quick question for you guys. Target's policy is that it allows 1 Target coupon and 1 manufacturer's coupon per item. So next Tuesday, I should be allowed to use the Target coupon and the Disney coupon on The Incredibles AND use another Target coupon and the Cars Coupon on Cars, correct? Thanks in advance!

DarthPrime 04-08-11 04:00 AM

Entered in my UPCs for the 2 coupons and it also gave me a free Cars 2 movie ticket. Glitch maybe?

Has anyone else gotten this on DMR? Its under Unlocked Offers after you enter in the Cars/Incredible codes.

adrenaline78 04-08-11 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by DarthPrime (Post 10715880)
Entered in my UPCs for the 2 coupons and it also gave me a free Cars 2 movie ticket. Glitch maybe?

Has anyone else gotten this on DMR? Its under Unlocked Offers after you enter in the Cars/Incredible codes.

I printed em both. No dice.

Murmur 04-08-11 06:51 AM

No free movie ticket here either, and both printed without any problems.

DarthPrime 04-08-11 07:30 AM

Really odd... I guess it went back and counted the Rewards Code for Mater's Tall Tales which is also eligible for a free movie ticket. Although that code was entered a few months ago.

nycdude 04-08-11 08:42 AM

Incredibles is worthy upgrade for $10 plus $5 bunny bucks at target but I am holding off on the Cars since I have the blu and dvd for it already.

sotra 04-08-11 09:50 AM

Like others I got the free movie ticket to Cars 2 :) Wonder if I will still get a movie ticket when I enter the Incredibles code next Tuesday though. I should.
By the way this Cars release is not an upgrade at all. If you count the original DVD release then this is the 5th release - DVD, original BD in 07, BD steelbook in 09 and BD/DVD giftset (the one pictured in the Target ad) in 08.
I actually have gotten all the previous releases for various reasons - the original DVD for the Target bonus disc (and I was given the Best Buy giftset with the toy cars), the original BD (which I've later sold) for the $10 MIR upgrade and the blue McQueen car, the BD/DVD giftset for the combo pack, upgrades and the 2 exclusive cars(and $12.99 on Amazon was a great price I thought) and the steelbook for the collector in me (plus Best Buy had a great deal on all the Disney steelbooks and actually let me PM to walmart.com).
So, there should be no reason for me to "upgrade" to this latest offering, BUT I am tempted due to the movie ticket, $8 and $5 off coupons and the DMR points.

kenbenobi 04-08-11 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by DarthPrime (Post 10715880)

Not me :(

Manzana 04-08-11 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by nycdude (Post 10716014)
Incredibles is worthy upgrade for $10 plus $5 bunny bucks at target but I am holding off on the Cars since I have the blu and dvd for it already.

I already have the old Cars BD (unopened) and plan to buy the new Cars BD along with The Incredibles BD... as long as I can PM BB's combo discount and/or get them to take both $5 Bunny coupons. Then I can try to get rid of my old unopened Cars BD.

kenbenobi 04-08-11 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Manzana (Post 10716186)
I already have the old Cars BD (unopened) and plan to buy the new Cars BD along with The Incredibles BD... as long as I can PM BB's combo discount and/or get them to take both $5 Bunny coupons. Then I can try to get rid of my old unopened Cars BD.

I opened mine just to use the DMR points, but haven't watched it yet. Now I'm kicking myself... Oh well.

kstublen 04-08-11 12:13 PM

Are we sure there's no audio upgrade for this release?

wormraper 04-08-11 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by kstublen (Post 10716351)
Are we sure there's no audio upgrade for this release?

how would there be an upgrade???? the original track was completely lossless and fantastic as it is. it's been reported all over the place that the only difference is that the codec has changed from Lossless PCM to Lossless DTS-HD MA... nothing but a compression codec change

Mr.Briggs 04-08-11 12:28 PM

I'll be getting the Incredibles but I got the Cars dvd & blu ray which I combined into a homemade combo pack. Just had to get a blu ray case which would hold all the discs & have everything but the DMR points.

kstublen 04-08-11 12:31 PM

I don't know how there would have been, but I remember when they re-released it there were rumors of an upgrade, so I was just asking what the difference was, if anyone knew. Based on your reply, there's obviously not a difference.

basketb 04-08-11 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by DarthPrime (Post 10715940)
Really odd... I guess it went back and counted the Rewards Code for Mater's Tall Tales which is also eligible for a free movie ticket. Although that code was entered a few months ago.

I had Mater's Tall Tales registered in November to take advantage of the blu-ray player offer. But I didn't get the free movie ticket this time. When did you register your Mater's?

thematahara 04-08-11 01:18 PM

Don't have cars on blu-ray, guess I could go to best buy, write down a upc and then get a coupon