Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Cars Blu Disney Movie Rewards $8 Upgrade

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Cars Blu Disney Movie Rewards $8 Upgrade

Old 04-12-11, 08:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Cars Blu Disney Movie Rewards $8 Upgrade

I got the boxed set Cars Blu-Ray with the 2 cars (only one on the shelf, no spider on it thank goodness) and the Incredibles Blu-Ray (4 on the shelf, slipcase dented a bit in the security case) for $22.14 at Target at 8:15 this morning. I price-matched the Best Buy deal bringing them to $19.99 each, used both coupons and got my Red Card 5%, plus 6% PA tax. Already have Cars on DVD and the first BD boxed set with the 2 cars, but for only $7 more it seemed like a no-brainer. I'm sure my old discs and cars can be sold off for more than that. These bonus cars look the same to me, not sure, but if they were supposed to be "exclusive" last time how can they be repackaged and still called "exclusive" in a new and different set years later? Lousy marketing hype...

The boxed set seems like a legit price match to me since it was $24.99 at Target and the non-boxed Cars Blu-Ray was also $24.99 at Best Buy. I don't use the Bunny Money since copying a paper coupon that says it shouldn't be copied is about as unlegit as you can get. If it gets to the point of having to fold and manipulate paper in an attempt to forge a document, that's further than I'm willing to go.
Old 04-12-11, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Thanks for the first report, JediJones. I would expect most Targets should PM BB's deal, but there are always a few exceptions (the excuse would be "we're not allowed to combine discounts"). I'm waiting to see how many people (and if it's the usual people) are able to do the PM + DMR coupons + 2 $5 Bunny coupons. JediJones didn't try. I'm not sure if I'll have the guts. It'll probably depend on how the PM is going and how I feel at the moment. Someone will be successful getting all the discounts and coupons though.
Old 04-12-11, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No problem at my BB. Cashier acted like she already knew how to handle and quickly processed. $21.98 plus tax. I was there 10:30 and I took last Cars on shelf though.
Old 04-12-11, 11:04 AM

I already have an unopened Mater's Tall Tales BD. If I enter the DMR code for this, does anyone know if I would get the Cars 2 movie ticket? If so, then I don't plan to buy the Cars BD+DVD (I already have Cars BD) as I would only get this if I can't get a movie ticket using Mater's Tall Tales.
Old 04-12-11, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by JediJones
I got the boxed set Cars Blu-Ray ... Already have Cars on DVD and the first BD boxed set with the 2 cars, but for only $7 more it seemed like a no-brainer. I'm sure my old discs and cars can be sold off for more than that. These bonus cars look the same to me, not sure, but if they were supposed to be "exclusive" last time how can they be repackaged and still called "exclusive" in a new and different set years later? Lousy marketing hype...
My wife picked up the Ultimate Cars Gift Pack this morning from Target with the two cars and the sticker on the packaging indicating that you would get free ticket to see Cars 2, when I entered the rewards code, all I got was the points, NO movie ticket. I then noticed at the back bottom right of the Blu-ray case, it lists it as a 2009 Blu-ray release, so, apparently, it is the same exact release as before. Makes sense that I didn't get a ticket, if the code is associated with the 2009 release, but there shouldn't have been a sticker on the packaging advertising the free Cars 2 ticket!
Old 04-12-11, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by PGHFlyer
No problem at my BB. Cashier acted like she already knew how to handle and quickly processed. $21.98 plus tax. I was there 10:30 and I took last Cars on shelf though.
Sums up my experience exactly.
Old 04-12-11, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by filmbuddy
My wife picked up the Ultimate Cars Gift Pack this morning from Target with the two cars and the sticker on the packaging indicating that you would get free ticket to see Cars 2, when I entered the rewards code, all I got was the points, NO movie ticket. I then noticed at the back bottom right of the Blu-ray case, it lists it as a 2009 Blu-ray release, so, apparently, it is the same exact release as before. Makes sense that I didn't get a ticket, if the code is associated with the 2009 release, but there shouldn't have been a sticker on the packaging advertising the free Cars 2 ticket!
thats why i didnt opt for going to Target for the cars bd gift set, this time because its the 2009 disc because certain special features on that set are not HD where as in the new combo pack those features are in HD (specificly Matter and the Ghost light.)
Old 04-12-11, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, I picked up Cars at both Target and BB, so I'll have to compare them before I open the Target pack.

If you got a sticker on the outside advertising a ticket, I would take it back to Target and complain to Customer Service.
Old 04-12-11, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by flix1
Well, I picked up Cars at both Target and BB, so I'll have to compare them before I open the Target pack.

If you got a sticker on the outside advertising a ticket, I would take it back to Target and complain to Customer Service.
It would be more advantageous for him to contact DMR, rather than Target.
if he sends Penny over at DMR a email or message on the DMR face book page and a photo of it with the sticker i am pretty sure she will help him get the movie cash. (shes the DMR rep who handles all the promotions and is really good about problems like that.)
Old 04-12-11, 01:22 PM

Please don't go to target and complain to customer service. They have nothing to do with it and can't help you in any way. Contact DMR and see what they can do for you.
Old 04-12-11, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by vmars
Please don't go to target and complain to customer service. They have nothing to do with it and can't help you in any way. Contact DMR and see what they can do for you.
Guess I never really dealt with DMR before.

One more question, if it was the old release, was it also missing the DVD? ... did the old release included the dvd too?
Old 04-12-11, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

Guess I never really dealt with DMR before.

One more question, if it was the old release, was it also missing the DVD? ... did the old release included the dvd too?
The gift set was an old release, it has been available for some time, and it was previously the only "Combo Pack" available for Cars.

The new release is the first Cars Combo Pack outside of the gift set.
Old 04-12-11, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
thats why i didnt opt for going to Target for the cars bd gift set, this time because its the 2009 disc because certain special features on that set are not HD where as in the new combo pack those features are in HD (specificly Matter and the Ghost light.)
Oh, well, I was mainly rebuying Cars to get those extra HD special features. I had no idea the boxed set disc didn't have the same upgrade done to it. That sucks. It sounds like a screw-up to me. If they put the Cars 2 ticket offer on there it seems like they must have intended to put the new disc in the boxed set this time. I just printed off my second copies of the coupons and will probably have to try to redo the Best Buy price match at Target with the non-boxed set Cars (which may not be possible if Incredibles is sold out) or just get Cars on its own.
Old 04-12-11, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by JediJones
Oh, well, I was mainly rebuying Cars to get those extra HD special features. I had no idea the boxed set disc didn't have the same upgrade done to it. That sucks. It sounds like a screw-up to me. If they put the Cars 2 ticket offer on there it seems like they must have intended to put the new disc in the boxed set this time. I just printed off my second copies of the coupons and will probably have to try to redo the Best Buy price match at Target with the non-boxed set Cars (which may not be possible if Incredibles is sold out) or just get Cars on its own.
I think the mistake was putting the sticker on the box as the box itself has the printing that states it's the 2009 Blu-ray. Or the Disney Movie Rewards site not accepting the code is the mistake. But it's clear this set was suppose to have the 2009 release.
Old 04-12-11, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by budster7
I already have an unopened Mater's Tall Tales BD. If I enter the DMR code for this, does anyone know if I would get the Cars 2 movie ticket? If so, then I don't plan to buy the Cars BD+DVD (I already have Cars BD) as I would only get this if I can't get a movie ticket using Mater's Tall Tales.
Just to answer my own question, I opened up my Mater's Tall Tales BD and entered the DMR code from it. I did get the Cars 2 ticket offer after this, so it worked fine.
Old 04-12-11, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

I got this deal, the cashier knew what to do, but I had to pay the extra tax on $18 dollars. The coupons took off $18 off the total of $39.98 + tax. I ended up paying $25.32 instead of $23.82, so an extra $1.50 but still a good deal.
Old 04-12-11, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Cusm
I got this deal, the cashier knew what to do, but I had to pay the extra tax on $18 dollars. The coupons took off $18 off the total of $39.98 + tax. I ended up paying $25.32 instead of $23.82, so an extra $1.50 but still a good deal.
In most states, that's standard. A manufacturers coupon is a form of payment, not a discount, so it is taxable.
Old 04-12-11, 03:44 PM

My BB had no more copies of Cars and about 20 more copies of Incredibles left to sell. Fortunately, I've got a copy of each to get the BB deal and using the 2 MC without a problem.
Old 04-12-11, 05:43 PM

It would be more advantageous for him to contact DMR, rather than Target.
if he sends Penny over at DMR a email or message on the DMR face book page and a photo of it with the sticker i am pretty sure she will help him get the movie cash. (shes the DMR rep who handles all the promotions and is really good about problems like that.)
Actually, I did send a message through the "contact us" link at DMR this morning. Then this afternoon, I had noticed on Facebook their link "Free Admission to Cars 2" and clicked on it. Lo and behold, I was given a code that allowed me to redeem the free movie ticket, so it looks like they actually did something and it worked out!
Old 04-12-11, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I don't know why you and others are saying that the Mater short in HD is new for this release. The ONLY new thing about this release compared with the 2009 giftset is the slipcover - http://www.amazon.com/Cars-Gift-Comb...2654269&sr=8-5
Old 04-12-11, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Then this afternoon, I had noticed on Facebook their link "Free Admission to Cars 2" and clicked on it. Lo and behold, I was given a code that allowed me to redeem the free movie ticket!
Was this due to your adding the code or was this just randomly on their facebook page?
Old 04-12-11, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Never mind. I found it and it is just the link to the offer site. Still need the code to get the ticket... which I will have once I make it out to Target or BB.... I thought originally ... wow... Disney is going to get hit big time for free tickets... lol
Old 04-12-11, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 255 Likes on 163 Posts

I'm confused.. I bought the gift set and the back clearly says

Mater And The Gaslight Short
Now in High-Def
Old 04-12-11, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

So when I picked up my copy from Best Buy today, none of the copies had the free ticket offer on the outside of the package like The Incredibles did. But it is the new one with the DVD included. Should there be a code inside even though it doesn't advertise on the outside?
Old 04-12-11, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
So when I picked up my copy from Best Buy today, none of the copies had the free ticket offer on the outside of the package like The Incredibles did. But it is the new one with the DVD included. Should there be a code inside even though it doesn't advertise on the outside?
There is no speical code inside, just a DMR code. When you enter the DMR code, you should be given the movie ticket offer.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.