Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Cars Blu Disney Movie Rewards $8 Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-11, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Cars Blu Disney Movie Rewards $8 Upgrade

Originally Posted by thematahara
Don't have cars on blu-ray, guess I could go to best buy, write down a upc and then get a coupon
Just use the UPC code posted by Isny in the #2 message to get your upgrade coupon.
Old 04-08-11, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by basketb
I had Mater's Tall Tales registered in November to take advantage of the blu-ray player offer. But I didn't get the free movie ticket this time. When did you register your Mater's?
December

I saw on some forums this afternoon that a few people have had the free movie ticket pop up too. Not sure why. I guess its a glitch.
Old 04-08-11, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ozzfan84
I don't get why they're promoting it to people who already have the blu. Are there more features on this one?
It's an upgrade to a combo pack.
Old 04-08-11, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by DarthPrime
Entered in my UPCs for the 2 coupons and it also gave me a free Cars 2 movie ticket. Glitch maybe?

Has anyone else gotten this on DMR? Its under Unlocked Offers after you enter in the Cars/Incredible codes.
I got the free Cars 2 movie ticket as well. I registered Mater's Tale back in December.
Old 04-08-11, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, I registered Mater in December....entered all the CARS UPCs I could find today....and got my coupons but no Cars 2 tickets..........weird glitch, trying to figure what it must be.

Anyhow, glad to have the coupons, suppose I will get movie tickets when I buy the shows anyhow.
Old 04-09-11, 01:36 AM

I had not purchased a BD player back when CARS was originally released so I only have DVD of CARS but isn't this an "UPGRADE"? I have the UPC Code right here. Would this one work from the regular W/S DVD? I am still out of effin' printer ink and have to go to my comic shop to print in the AM....Lemme know, thanks!

--Dorfler
Old 04-09-11, 06:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yes, the upc code from any dvd or the previous bd should work.
Old 04-09-11, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I got the movie ticket.
Old 04-09-11, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by basketb
I had Mater's Tall Tales registered in November to take advantage of the blu-ray player offer. But I didn't get the free movie ticket this time. When did you register your Mater's?
It looks like the ticket offer may be a glitch for some people, but my guess would be that anyone who used "Tall Tales" for one of the titles to get a Blu-ray player (myself included) would have that code be ineligible for the free movie ticket. I don't think they'd allow codes to be good for more than one deal, especially considering they found it necessary to have a start date on the combo pack codes that activated the Blu-ray player offer.... that's the only reason I have a copy of "Prince of Persia"..... *ugh* the blandness... *ugh again*

EDIT:

I just checked my unlocked offers and I have a movie ticket code... I don't know why, but I guess they're giving everyone who entered a "Tall Tales" DMR code a free ticket. I'm okay with that... now I can pay *slightly less* to see the movie in 3D!

Last edited by larrythefatcat; 04-09-11 at 02:49 PM.
Old 04-09-11, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by larrythefatcat
I just checked my unlocked offers and I have a movie ticket code... I don't know why, but I guess they're giving everyone who entered a "Tall Tales" DMR code a free ticket. I'm okay with that... now I can pay *slightly less* to see the movie in 3D!
So is the consensus that only people who entered the Mater's Tall Tales code are getting the free Cars 2 movie ticket?
Old 04-09-11, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Manzana
So is the consensus that only people who entered the Mater's Tall Tales code are getting the free Cars 2 movie ticket?
Nope, I entered Mater on 12/09/2010, did NOT redeem for blu-ray, and have no Cars 2 ticket showing up in my account, even after entering all the different Cars DVD/Blu UPCs for upgrade coupons.
Old 04-11-11, 04:19 AM

For those of you who have a Meijer, they will have Incredibles and Cars for $22.99 each. That's a pretty good deal if you want to get just one of them, instead of doing the Best Buy deal, and if you don't have (or don't want to use the non-legit one) $5 Target Bunny Money. I may even try pricematching at Best Buy. I know a lot of people have issues with Best Buy doing anything, but I've never had, so it might be worth a shot. The only question I have is how they get rung up. Would the $10 come off at the bottom or would it take $5 off each movie. I think the latter may be the case. Therefore when the register rings up the movies, it will probably be $19.99 each, so they won't do the pricematch. It might be interesting to see.
Old 04-11-11, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

I have the Cars Blu-ray from the old Amazon Cars/Up/Monsters Inc $30 deal. My son has his DVD copy of the movie so I see no need to upgrade, until the 3D is eventually (hopefully) released.
Old 04-11-11, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Cusm
I have the Cars Blu-ray from the old Amazon Cars/Up/Monsters Inc $30 deal. My son has his DVD copy of the movie so I see no need to upgrade, until the 3D is eventually (hopefully) released.
Yeah, I already have Cars, but I'm probably going to go ahead and buy both at Best Buy. With the extra $10 off and $8 coupon, Cars only ends up being $7, and it comes with a free movie ticket to Cars 2 (which I'll more than likely pay to go see, anyway), so it's like getting another copy of Cars for free. Then I can either sell or gift it or my old blu-ray and DVD copies. Granted, if I go to Meijer, I guess I would be paying $9 more to go the Best Buy route (unless I get them to pricematch, which I see unlikely, but you never know). But if I think that if I sell my old blu-ray and DVD copies, I'd be coming out pretty good on rebuying Cars.
Old 04-11-11, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kory
From what I've read, they have "upgraded" the audio on the Blu-ray as well to DTS-HD Master Audio from PCM, but I can't confirm that for sure. Also I read that they upgraded one of the shorts on the disc from SD to HD. Meh. I'm happy with my SteelBook, but I wouldn't mind swapping the disc from that for the new one.

Edit: vmars beat me to it.
NEW ONE on the left, OLD ONE on the right (looks the same to me just a different cover)
Old 04-11-11, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by bigjim25
NEW ONE on the left, OLD ONE on the right (looks the same to me just a different cover)
There's talk that the Mater short is in HD but wasn't on the original release. I can't vouch for either, though. I have the Cars blu-ray and didn't even know that short was on there. I saw it recently on Disney channel and thought it was a new one as I hadn't seen it before. I never really got a chance to dig around the original blu-ray. In fact, I think I only put it in once, but now that my son is almost 3, he likes the Cars characters. We just haven't put in the blu-ray for him in a long time. He just knows the toys and the shorts, plus it's always on Disney or ABC Family. I don't mind rebuying it as I'll get that free ticket and can sell my old copies (blu-ray and DVD) and probably end up ahead. Then I'll have the blu-ray and DVD together for easy use, as my mom has a DVD player in her vehicle and eventually I'll probably put a TV and DVD player in his room. I'm just up in the air about selling the old DVD copy as it might be easier for him to have it in a separate case to carry to either his room or the car. But I may just put them in some sleeves or CD cases I have lying around.
Old 04-11-11, 01:54 PM

It looks like both discs are identical. The Mater short is in HD on the current disc.
Old 04-11-11, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by obidawsn
Yeah, I already have Cars, but I'm probably going to go ahead and buy both at Best Buy. With the extra $10 off and $8 coupon, Cars only ends up being $7, and it comes with a free movie ticket to Cars 2 (which I'll more than likely pay to go see, anyway), so it's like getting another copy of Cars for free. Then I can either sell or gift it or my old blu-ray and DVD copies. Granted, if I go to Meijer, I guess I would be paying $9 more to go the Best Buy route (unless I get them to pricematch, which I see unlikely, but you never know). But if I think that if I sell my old blu-ray and DVD copies, I'd be coming out pretty good on rebuying Cars.
Yeah I posted before I saw the BB deal. I will be going to see this with my son, so for $21 we get both movies and 2 movie tickets; hard to pass up.

Does anyone know how these vouchers work? Are they good at any theater (The Warren is all I care about) and are they valid on 3D screenings?
Old 04-11-11, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 274 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by Cusm
Yeah I posted before I saw the BB deal. I will be going to see this with my son, so for $21 we get both movies and 2 movie tickets; hard to pass up.

Does anyone know how these vouchers work? Are they good at any theater (The Warren is all I care about) and are they valid on 3D screenings?
From what I recall in the past for Toy Story 3, they are good at almost any theater for up to $10.50. So you can use it on a 3-D showing, but you'll have to pay the difference.
Old 04-11-11, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,936 Likes on 1,497 Posts

So I have the first Blu Cars release. They came out with a combo pack after that, and this is the third release, right? Was the only difference between the first and second releases the soundtrack?
Old 04-11-11, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by PGHFlyer
Nope, I entered Mater on 12/09/2010, did NOT redeem for blu-ray, and have no Cars 2 ticket showing up in my account, even after entering all the different Cars DVD/Blu UPCs for upgrade coupons.
Well, Disney made a liar out of me. I looked Friday, Saturday, and Sunday with nothing............and then out of nowhere this evening, the Cars 2 movie cash showed up in my unlocked offers after clicking through from reading the April e-mail and getting my 5 DMR points.

FWIW, this was only worth $8.50 and not $10. However, for a title I already bought, I will take it.
Old 04-11-11, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If Best Buy will take my coupons, I think I'll get the "upgrade," even though I have no use for it. I plan on seeing Cars 2 and it would be nice to have two tickets instead of just one. Breaks about even when you factor in ticket price.
Old 04-11-11, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

I've been considering getting Cars again, too, even though I already have it. It's basically a wash with the inclusion of the movie ticket. But that Target deal with the 2 coupons is tempting as hell.
Old 04-11-11, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 274 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by kstublen
If Best Buy will take my coupons, I think I'll get the "upgrade," even though I have no use for it. I plan on seeing Cars 2 and it would be nice to have two tickets instead of just one. Breaks about even when you factor in ticket price.
Plus there's the DVD version this time around, in case you ever need it down the road, so that's an added bonus.
Old 04-11-11, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bluetoast
Plus there's the DVD version this time around, in case you ever need it down the road, so that's an added bonus.
I already have the DVD of Cars too, lol.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.