Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

The Incredibles Blu-Ray DMR Upgrade Coupon....$10 off!

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

The Incredibles Blu-Ray DMR Upgrade Coupon....$10 off!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-11, 05:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Incredibles Blu-Ray DMR Upgrade Coupon....$10 off!

Originally Posted by TerryW
It's ridiculous that you have to lock in your movie theater now for the free tickets. They should be general passes.
That's normal. But once you print it, the theater name is not on there and you should be able to use it anywhere (at least from my experience with previous movie tickets I had to print out).
Old 04-13-11, 05:18 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just saved the page to my PC, I'll get back to it at another time.
Old 04-13-11, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by ScottsdaleSaint
We are not talking about one store close to my house, as I've stated, I've asked for inventory checks which anyone can do at a Target by bring a stock bin tag to a clerk, so you see if it's in stock at any neighboring Targets. I'm talking about two dozen Targets in a ten mile radius...OOS. Incredibles, Tron Legacy and Tangled...not an isolated incident, or an isolated area.
Could just be corporate idiocy - a flat policy that applies to even popular films that any individual could tell is different than, say, a Lost Boys 2 direct-to-video new release. Or maybe they're sick of coupons and this is a quiet way to minimize them?
Old 04-13-11, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by TerryW
It's ridiculous that you have to lock in your movie theater now for the free tickets. They should be general passes.
While I thought this was locking me into a theater, I now think it is more used for a survey. Maybe.......
Old 04-13-11, 07:41 PM

Does anybody know how long you have to enter the code to get the free movie voucher? The insert says the offer is valid on purchases made between 4/12/11 and 8/7/11 so can I wait all the way to opening weekend or even 8/7/11? I'd prefer to wait to enter the code during a double points day, but don't want to miss out on getting the free movie voucher.
Old 04-13-11, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Just got both for $25.88 @ Best Buy.
Old 04-13-11, 07:51 PM

Grabbed the last copy of The Incredibles at the Target nearest me (zero urge for me to double-dip on Cars, although the $8 DMR coupon makes it a great deal for people who don't have it yet.)

Cashier had to override the Bunny Money coupon, when he went to scan it the register said no items applied (more than likely the manufacturer's coupon reduced the price -- making it $15.99) but since the initial price was $25.99 he had no problem with it.

$11.99 + tax, so I'm very happy.

And I wouldn't worry about the not being able to use the Cars 2 voucher at another theater... in the confirmation e-mail you get after the printout it even says you can likely use it at another theater, as long as it takes MovieCash also. (I picked the closest digital theater to me, because that's where I'll likely go to see it.)
Old 04-13-11, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by RonBoster
I don't know that I've ever read a post where you had a positive experience at BB? If you are constantly fall into the "bad 25%", why do you keep hitting your consumer head against the wall? What do they say about someone who repeats the same process, but expects a different result?
If I try to use a coupon at BB, it's 100% negative experience for me for the last couple years. Many years ago I used to have good luck, but I got denied more and more often until it hit 100%.

The only reason I tried again and posted it was that I was already there doing in-store pickup for a game that was not cheaper anywhere else (including Amazon) and there was no line, plus I wanted to see how they treated someone else trying to do the same thing. It only took 3 minutes because they had just opened and weren't busy.

I would be insane if I kept trying and actually expected to have success with a coupon at my BB stores, but I rarely try and when I do I certainly don't expect success. It's more of a test to see if things have changed.

What are my positive experiences with BB? Very few in the last few years, but I suppose if you count non-coupon items on sale that I can't get anywhere else (like the item I picked up on Tuesday) then perhaps I buy a dozen things a year from BB and I don't bother to post about those experiences since there's nothing special. No coupons = no problems if they are in stock (and that's why I often do in-store pickup rather than just go there and hope they have it). However, given my general dislike for BB, they are my last choice and I'll only go to BB if I can't PM what I want somewhere else.
Old 04-14-11, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Due to ignorance on the part of the Meijer employees, I wasn't able to pick up The Incredibles until Tuesday night. I work right across the street from a Meijer so I figured I would stay after work Monday night until midnight and then go over and get it since their ad states that new releases are available on Tuesday mornings at 12:01.

No one was in the department and no one came when I rang the help bell. I left and tried at the Meijer closest to my house. Same thing. On my way to work Tuesday afternoon, I stopped in at the Meijer by work and the clueless employee and I couldn't find any of the 6 copies that the computer was saying they had. I knew they were in the back, but I didn't have time to wait for him to go find and bring it to me. My fault for not getting there earlier. When I went back for the third time in less than 24 hours after work Tuesday night, lo and behold, there were 4 copies sitting on the new release shelf. I know I looked like a dork standing there comparing each copy to get the best looking one.

No problems getting The Incredibles for $12.99 + tax.

I know I just pulled a Manzana in story length, but I look forward to his stories when a Disney BD is released.
Old 04-14-11, 02:34 AM
Cool New Member

Scored both Incredibles and Cars at Best Buy for $24 and some change. I know a guy who works there so he made sure to put both the coupons plus the $10 off for buying both through. Took a little work but he made it go through. I'd imagine most people who don't know some one might have some issues with this.
Old 04-14-11, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Prideoftheyanks
I'd prefer to wait to enter the code during a double points day, but don't want to miss out on getting the free movie voucher.
I doubt you'll see a double points day before the movie comes out... They haven't had one since winter 2009.
Old 04-14-11, 10:48 AM

Thanks for the reply Kenbenobi. I thought they had one last year, but I must be mistaken. Must have been one of the other dozen store/manufacturer reward points programs I've enrolled in over the years.
Old 04-14-11, 11:12 AM

Shot down on using the color copy of the Target coupon twice yesterday. They were going to let me use only the $10, but 9perhaps foolishly), I bailed on the transaction. I hope that at some point I'll be able to do better than $18.++ for that.
Old 04-14-11, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by b2net
While I thought this was locking me into a theater, I now think it is more used for a survey. Maybe.......
Any time I printed out free tickets I never had to use them at the theater I selected. I really think they're trying to get an idea of where the tickets will be used. That would be retarted if we HAD to use the tickets at the theater selected.
Old 04-14-11, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts

I had no problems using both coupons at Best Buy either... though they didn't have any out on the floor, despite having "10+" in the back.

Went to Target this morning (for something else) and they had Cars, but no Incredibles.
Old 04-14-11, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Most Best Buys should have restocked Cars and Incredibles unless the employees were too lazy to put them out. The ones around here all have plenty of copies of both. I too had no problems using the coupons.
Old 04-14-11, 02:45 PM

Has anybody bought two copies of "The Incredibles" at Best Buy to see if you save $10 that way?
Old 04-14-11, 04:17 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by Kory
Has anybody bought two copies of "The Incredibles" at Best Buy to see if you save $10 that way?
it works
Old 04-14-11, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by wormraper
it works
Nice, thank you. I don't need another copy of "Cars," and wouldn't mind buying a second copy of "The Incredibles" as a gift.
Old 04-14-11, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My BB finally got more copies of Cars in stock after selling out of their limited supply by 11:00am on Tuesday. Had no problem using both coupons this afternoon.
Old 04-14-11, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Got both at best buy, no issues
Old 04-14-11, 08:11 PM

My story (from a few pages back) has a happy ending!

I'd been denied both the bundle discount and Disney coupons for Cars and The Incredibles. I was told I could get the bulk discount or use the coupons, but couldn't do both. So I hopped on Twitter and publicly complained about Best Buy.

One of their social media reps got in touch yesterday to see what the issue was and essentially echoed the manager: You can't combine the Disney and bulk discounts.

Well, she tweeted me back this morning, saying that she'd received clarification and that you could, in fact, combine the discounts. So she asked for the Customer Service PINs from my receipts and said that my issue would be taken care of.

So, for anyone else who's been denied the deals, hold out hope!
Old 04-14-11, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

well, picked up the Incredibles and Cars combo from BB with no hassles with both coupons since the target I went to by me did not have any earlier this week.

Well, I went back today and they had three copies but already used the coupons. LOL.

I printed another coupon....so return the BB copies and just get the Incredibles only from target since I already have the 1 disc Cars or keep it and sell the 1 disc Cars edition for cheap.

Decisions. Decisions.
Old 04-14-11, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts

Went to BB Tuesday at opening, to get Incredibles [only], asked the guy there if they took the Disney coupon. He said yeah and if u also buy Cars they would also give their discount along with Disney's coupon. So I decided to get both [and I already have Cars on Blu-ray]. Great deal!
Old 04-15-11, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by iNCREDiPiNOY
Just got both for $25.88 @ Best Buy.
Same here. Used both coupons and got the $10 package deal. No issues whatsoever!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.