Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Lord of the Rings: Extended Edition (Blu-ray) for 63.71(+tax in certain states)

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Lord of the Rings: Extended Edition (Blu-ray) for 63.71(+tax in certain states)

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-11, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Lord of the Rings: Extended Edition (Blu-ray) for 63.71(+tax in certain states)

Originally Posted by larrythefatcat
I'm glad I was able to take advantage of this offer... I got the EE's and the TMNT set for a total of $87.92 (xb692 and SAVINGS) but I realized I might be able to get a good deal on the Harry Potter UE's with some other codes I found online that were working as of yesterday, such as: xb992 and xb1210 (both similar to xb692)... but now they come up as expired. I opened a new account to try xb692 again with SAVINGS and I can't get them to stack. I even tried codes like BDLIVE (which is supposed to give %20 off everything in an order) with SAVINGS (which worked yesterday when I tried it out) and WANTACODE (which seems to be the same as SAVINGS) but I, once again, couldn't get them to stack.

Actually, now that I try it again, xb692 doesn't work anymore either... LAME!!

I'm sorry to say, but I'm afraid, my friends, that WBshop won't allow any more coupon stacking (as of today). Please post a reply with a different workaround if I'm wrong.
My results mirror yours. It looks like the Insider discount has been reduced to 10% from 25% and most coupons have been expired with the ones that do work not stacking. I can apply BDLive for 20% off but that replaces the 10% and as soon as I add SAVINGS the BDLive code is removed. Sad.

I've spent a lot of money at Wbshop in the recent past but that's going to change if this is the new norm.
Old 03-25-11, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Lord of the Rings: Extended Edition (Blu-ray) for 63.71(+tax in certain states)

WBshop has reduced and changed the Insider Discount numerous times in the last two years. It always goes back up to 25%.
Old 03-25-11, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by izatright
WBshop has reduced and changed the Insider Discount numerous times in the last two years. It always goes back up to 25%.
That's good to know. Thanks.
Old 03-26-11, 11:10 PM

I don't think the price is reasonable by comparing with the Star Wars 6 episodes for $89.99
Old 03-26-11, 11:18 PM
Premium Member

Received 695 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by truelies
I don't think the price is reasonable by comparing with the Star Wars 6 episodes for $89.99
Star Wars 6 movies: 803 minutes run time
LOTR 3 movies extended editions: 682 minutes run time