Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Today only: 50% off Original Series DVDs at the official StarTrek.com store!

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Old 03-23-11, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Season 2 and 3 are 34.99 the discount shows up in your cart:

http://store.startrek.com/categories/14091
Old 03-23-11, 10:12 AM

Re: Today only: 50% off Original Series DVDs at the official StarTrek.com store!

Just beat me to posting. Doesn't look like they ship until 4/22, but a good deal.

Also, even though it says DVD's in the title, this is the price for the BluRay seasons 2 and 3.

Last edited by Wade Kainer; 03-23-11 at 10:22 AM.
Old 03-23-11, 10:44 AM

Re: Today only: 50% off Original Series DVDs at the official StarTrek.com store!

Why is Season 1 so much more expensive on this site?
Old 03-23-11, 11:41 AM

This is a great price for Season 2 and 3. I can't imagine they will ever get much cheaper than this.
Old 03-23-11, 01:37 PM

thankz for the info... I had to bite on seasons 2 & 3...
I have held of betting these until now.
Between late night showing the new HD's and just too much $$ and a huge backlog of stuff to watch...
Old 03-23-11, 03:01 PM

Thanks OP! I already own the remastered sets (with new special effects) on standard dvd, but this deal seems to good to pass up.... so I am in for seasons 2 and 3... would have grabbed season 1 if it were offered at this price, too... guess i will sell my standard sets to offset the upgrade price a little bit.... thanks again for posting this, I never would have found this deal otherwise!
Old 03-23-11, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Anyway to avoid the $7 shipping charge ?
Old 03-23-11, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Plus $6.95 shipping.

I used a code (ST1023) that I THOUGHT removed shipping when I tested a check-out and it showed up as $0.00. But I screwed around and added and removed tons of things. When I finally went to check out again the shipping was showing up.
Old 03-23-11, 03:36 PM

There is free shipping if you order both Season 2 and Season 3.

Add one of these seasons to your shopping cart... then go view your cart. There will be a green box that says "Wait! Add $10.01 more to your order to receive free shipping & handling." Do a print-screen on this page and save it into a word document. Then add the other season to your order and complete the check-out process.

It will show $6.95 shipping charges..... but I called customer service and they told me they would refund the shipping charges to me, I just need to call them back about 30 minutes after I place the order (to give it enough time to show up in their system). I have the screen capture that I can email to them in case they don't follow through like the customer service rep said they would.
Old 03-23-11, 04:17 PM

Figures! I just bought the whole set from a closing Ultimate Electronics store for $140 (+ tax).
Old 03-23-11, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I wasn't going to because I never watch the original SD's I have and I would still be missing S1. But I decided to jump in and get them when I found the lowest prices on half.com are $50 for used ones.
Old 03-23-11, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by moonraker View Post
There is free shipping if you order both Season 2 and Season 3.

Add one of these seasons to your shopping cart... then go view your cart. There will be a green box that says "Wait! Add $10.01 more to your order to receive free shipping & handling." Do a print-screen on this page and save it into a word document. Then add the other season to your order and complete the check-out process.

It will show $6.95 shipping charges..... but I called customer service and they told me they would refund the shipping charges to me, I just need to call them back about 30 minutes after I place the order (to give it enough time to show up in their system). I have the screen capture that I can email to them in case they don't follow through like the customer service rep said they would.
It's a glitch. I asked before I ordered too, and was told the same thing, and then asked afterward and the CSR told me that it was a glitch, there was nothing they could do, and they were very sorry for misleading me.

Old 03-23-11, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by FranklinShepard View Post
It's a glitch. I asked before I ordered too, and was told the same thing, and then asked afterward and the CSR told me that it was a glitch, there was nothing they could do, and they were very sorry for misleading me.

Not the story I was told. I placed my order and then called and the CSR said I would get a refund of the shipping charges. So I guess I will just have to wait and see if it really happens. But I have the screen shot that shows the "Wait! Add $10.01 to your order to receive free S&H", so I can always email this to them if they don't keep their word.
Old 03-23-11, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by moonraker View Post
Not the story I was told. I placed my order and then called and the CSR said I would get a refund of the shipping charges. So I guess I will just have to wait and see if it really happens. But I have the screen shot that shows the "Wait! Add $10.01 to your order to receive free S&H", so I can always email this to them if they don't keep their word.
Maybe I'll call in too. I only emailed.
Old 03-23-11, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, the code doesn't work. It was an error. I readded items and it showed zero shipping, except for the last page of checkout.