Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

WB insider rewards

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-12, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: WB insider rewards

Ordered Vacation last week, it arrived around 4 days later.
Old 08-21-12, 10:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The whole process worked perfectly for me. My Blu-ray of King of Kings arrived yesterday.
Old 08-21-12, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

what the fuck is going on over at WB. so i got my freebie blu ray coupon for 700 points. placed an order for wizard of oz the day the coupon showed up in my email. never got an order confirmation. not showing up in my account under order history. the original coupon will not work when i try to input it again. now i just get another coupon for $10 off a $30 purchase. different code and everything. oh hell. what a clusterfuck.
Old 08-21-12, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Deftones
what the fuck is going on over at WB. so i got my freebie blu ray coupon for 700 points. placed an order for wizard of oz the day the coupon showed up in my email. never got an order confirmation. not showing up in my account under order history. the original coupon will not work when i try to input it again. now i just get another coupon for $10 off a $30 purchase. different code and everything. oh hell. what a clusterfuck.
I got the $10 off $30, too. It isn't related to your problem. I had a smooth transaction (my freebie was Treasure of the Sierra Madre) and received my order days ago.
Old 08-21-12, 05:55 PM

One of the emails they sent out after they announced the program was ended said
"Be on the lookout for an email next week with a reward for being a WB Insider Rewards Member".
I guess $10 off $30 is our reward (got it on my account that had less than 500 points as well as the one over 500 points).
Old 08-21-12, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I ordered Mr. Limpet on Friday and it is still "In Process." How long did those who had issues wait to contact the company?

Does it normally take a few days to ship?
Old 08-21-12, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

People, myself included, have ordered as early as the 9th and we're still waiting for anything to change.
Old 08-21-12, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ordered mine on the first day the coupon arrived in my email and received my Blurays yesterday. The 10 dollars off 30 email arrived today. I'm saving that for Black Friday deals.
Old 08-22-12, 07:45 AM

I filled out a customer service email form on their website a couple of days ago asking what was going on with my August 10th order and here's the response I received last night:

"Dear Ryan,

Thank you for your recent order with WB Shop.

Unfortunately, the items you have ordered, are currently on backorder due to overwhelming demand.

Please accept my apologies for the delay. We are expecting the items to arrive shortly. We will send an email confirmation when your order is processed.

If you have any other questions, or if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Thank you and once again, we are very sorry for any inconvenience that this delay may cause.

Kind Regards,

Mary"

That makes me feel a little better. I guess we're just waiting for a while, but they should really update their order status so people don't get agitated.
Old 08-22-12, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Yeah, I'd say about 3-4 weeks, then email them. I ordered Justice League: Doom, and won't contact them until September. As usual, the day I email them is the day the postal lady drops a package in my box from WB!
Old 08-22-12, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I got my Treasure of the Sierra Madre BD yesterday plus the e-mail for $10 off $30 purchase. Nice of WB to make the expiration date the end of the year. I'll probably hang on to it until Black Friday and see what those deals are.
Old 08-22-12, 12:00 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Tenacious D
I filled out a customer service email form on their website a couple of days ago asking what was going on with my August 10th order and here's the response I received last night:

"Dear Ryan,

Thank you for your recent order with WB Shop.

Unfortunately, the items you have ordered, are currently on backorder due to overwhelming demand.

Please accept my apologies for the delay. We are expecting the items to arrive shortly. We will send an email confirmation when your order is processed.

If you have any other questions, or if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Thank you and once again, we are very sorry for any inconvenience that this delay may cause.

Kind Regards,

Mary"

That makes me feel a little better. I guess we're just waiting for a while, but they should really update their order status so people don't get agitated.
Thats fine, IF they didnt send out another email to all of us with the same code that makes it seem like our orders didnt even go through.
Old 08-22-12, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't know what order you're talking about that appears like it "didn't even go through," but both of mine appear as "In processing" in their website. Not "canceled."
Old 08-22-12, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by izatright
I don't know what order you're talking about that appears like it "didn't even go through," but both of mine appear as "In processing" in their website. Not "canceled."
I don't think a lot of these people order with wbshop normally and aren't aware of how crappy the site is. They've always had issues but things usually work out with patience.

Things being back ordered makes sense. It all could have been handled differently but doing what they do is what got the program shut down in the first place.
Old 08-22-12, 02:31 PM
Suspended

Well I finally got an reply from the email I sent after I recieved the second email with the same code after my order. I have a order number, email confirmation, and the order is on their site, but they replied they have no such knowledge of an order.
Old 08-22-12, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I got an email saying The Green Mile is backordered.
Old 08-22-12, 04:12 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I don't get how they can be out of their own product for that long.
Old 08-22-12, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Everyone getting points and not a great selection? I can't imagine they've been selling such a large amount through their online store to keep a large stock of an old title like that.
Old 08-23-12, 02:38 PM

What's interesting is that the movies on back order are still available for order on the site. So, I can only hope they are fulfilling orders on a "first come, first served" basis as their stock is resupplied.
Old 08-23-12, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by hariseldon
Because WB Shop and it's affilates are only loosely operated by Warner Studios Distribution network and WB stores apparently have no better access to Warner Video products than any other random retail store. They are not given preferential treatment in any way at least according to folks I've talked to with Warner and Video Distribution channels.

I'm not sure if that;s just the way WB and DVD2Blu have been set up by Warner or if it intentional (or even set up legally) so their other more important customers don't feel like they are being undercut so Warner can support their own store.
My understanding is that the direct to customers business is a secondary concern and that WBshop's primary business is Warner's distribution to the major retail outlets. So individual customers are always behind in line to the retail shops.
Old 08-24-12, 07:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got a message about items being back ordered. finally a response about the situation. so with my other points account i just ordered the one bluray, since there was enough time apart and everything is back ordered, that it may be a little bit. but hey i'll be getting The green mile, justice league doom, & shawshank redemption digibook.
Old 08-24-12, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

JFC, I ordered JL: Doom on 8-13 and it's still IN PROCESS. What's to process? I order it...you ship the fucker. Even DeepDiscount would figure this out in less time.
Old 08-25-12, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Could be backordered like a lot of the other stuff.
Old 08-25-12, 10:31 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats to those actually able to get something out of this. I can't even get them to email me a code to be able to use my 1680 points.
Old 08-27-12, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

I never received a backorder email or anything else, but I just got a shipping confirmation email. I order within a day or two of getting the email so patience seems to be paying off...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.