Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

WB insider rewards

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-12, 04:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 208 Likes on 130 Posts
Re: WB insider rewards

I pressed it a little, just enough to edge my account the few points I needed to get to 1500. The North by Northwest BD has shipped, so I'm happy.

Last edited by Gobear; 02-25-12 at 01:25 PM.
Old 02-25-12, 07:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Holy crap, you guys clicked the survey link a TON!
Before the survey link glitch was either resolved or broken completely, many people on SlickDeals had the page autorefreshing ... I can imagine some people setting that up on several computers and web browsers and leaving for work.

The implication of this as far as the number of orders that have probably been sent out is staggering. Apparently the survey had been open for at least a year, as well.
Old 02-25-12, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by johnbonham1980
Before the survey link glitch was either resolved or broken completely, many people on SlickDeals had the page autorefreshing ... I can imagine some people setting that up on several computers and web browsers and leaving for work.

The implication of this as far as the number of orders that have probably been sent out is staggering. Apparently the survey had been open for at least a year, as well.
You can always count on them to completely exploit something to the point that it's almost immediately ruined for everyone else.

Not that I'm innocent, but those guys take all that shit to a new level.
Old 02-25-12, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

One guy is bragging that he has 130,000 points now. That's 2,600 refreshes?
Old 02-25-12, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Roybq
It wouldn't surprise me if there are some folks that have 4 or 5 accounts with 150,000 points each. At least one respondent noted he had 2 accounts with the yearly cap maxed.
Old 02-25-12, 03:47 PM
Suspended

I know this would never happen, but for once I would like to see people who are active in their accounts often, and dont participate in such nonsense be rewarded with 50-100 points for not being a dbag.
Old 02-25-12, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by banthafett
I know this would never happen, but for once I would like to see people who are active in their accounts often, and dont participate in such nonsense be rewarded with 50-100 points for not being a dbag.
Crazy talk!
Old 02-25-12, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Roybq

Well, I don't feel guilty about the 1300 free points I got anymore... That's totally taking advantage of WB. Wowza. I wonder if WB is gonna do a points audit and take points away... If I were them, I would. But WB has typically let stuff slide in the past. So perhaps not...
Old 02-25-12, 08:06 PM

Their rewards program is run by a 3rd party (datapakservices), so I wonder if the 3rd party has an interest in keeping things quiet in this case.
Old 02-25-12, 08:23 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

They locked the thread on Blu-ray forum on this. I don't understand the appeal of people bragging about how big a thief they are.

Last edited by g; 02-25-12 at 08:29 PM.
Old 02-25-12, 09:59 PM

I must be one of the few people who didn't do this. Normally I would've felt a bit bad about taking advantage of a loophole/error to get freebies, but in WB's case I would've made a huge exception. Unfortunately in my usual hurry to skim messages here it wasn't immediately obvious to me that by repeatedly clicking on a survey a person could get tons of points. Somehow my pea brain missed that important detail. I don't read Bluray.com or follow these things closely.

On top of that, WBShop holds the record for me for the most canceled orders along with Gohastings and Cancelzon. Other than DVD2BLU which I had good success with (but whose inventory never changes so they are effectively worthless now), I've had nothing but bad luck with anything associated with WBShop. Had I done this survey clicking and ordered stuff, then I probably would've jinxed it for everyone. I'm amazed to read that this glitch existed for a while, I never knew what I was missing while it was alive, and they finally fixed it without canceling orders. Obviously they're not run by the same people who run WBShop because WBShop likes to cancel orders if someone sneezes.

I still don't have a Insider Rewards account and given that all of the goodies have been taken by the other "rats" (as described above) pushing the button for the free reward, I'll have to wait until there's a reason to join Insider Rewards or I finally get around to going through my digital copy codes.
Old 02-25-12, 10:09 PM

Most items still show as in stock, Manzana. With some of the WB blu-rays earning you 300 pts each, if there are any reward eligible items you're interested in it's probably worth taking a look. Still lots of rat pellets left ;-)
Old 02-26-12, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Most items still show as in stock, Manzana. With some of the WB blu-rays earning you 300 pts each, if there are any reward eligible items you're interested in it's probably worth taking a look. Still lots of rat pellets left ;-)
Some titles earn 300 points?!?!?! I thought it was 100-150. Heck, I may need to enter more of my codes. I know I have a bunch I never entered...

EDIT: I just entered two HP Ultimates, and got 250 each. 3D titles got me 150 each. What titles earn 300?

Last edited by kenbenobi; 02-26-12 at 10:45 AM.
Old 02-26-12, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 208 Likes on 130 Posts

I just tried to enter some codes and got this error message:

"This service is temporarily unavailable, please try again later. Our apologies for the inconvenience."

I guess the 3rd-party vendor is doing an overhaul of their system.
Old 02-26-12, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I just entered some codes about 45 minutes ago without issue, so it's working now...
Old 02-26-12, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Some titles earn 300 points?!?!?! I thought it was 100-150. Heck, I may need to enter more of my codes. I know I have a bunch I never entered...

EDIT: I just entered two HP Ultimates, and got 250 each. 3D titles got me 150 each. What titles earn 300?
Red Riding Hood blu-ray combos give you 300 points. Saw a post awhile back that had some others listed, but can't seem to find it at the moment.
Old 02-26-12, 06:01 PM

Is there a way to check what exact DVD/Blu-Ray titles one has already entered codes in for? I couldn't find a link for it.
Old 02-26-12, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by N8 Storm
Is there a way to check what exact DVD/Blu-Ray titles one has already entered codes in for? I couldn't find a link for it.
No. This is the SINGULARLY most annoying thing on the WB Insider Rewards site. It drives me batty.

TLK
Old 02-27-12, 01:09 PM

Red Riding Hood blu-ray combos give you 300 points. Saw a post awhile back that had some others listed, but can't seem to find it at the moment.
I think that was only a short-term promotion during the month when this and some other titles came out.
Old 02-27-12, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by N8 Storm
You have to contact them through their web form and they will email you the list.
Old 02-28-12, 08:14 AM

To make sure I'm clear, all of the cool promos are over at WB Insider Rewards (including 300 points for Red Riding Hood which I own), so there's no reason for me to hurry up and join WB Insider Rewards and enter any of my codes any time soon? Basically, I missed all the limited time good promos, right?
Old 02-28-12, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Manzana
To make sure I'm clear, all of the cool promos are over at WB Insider Rewards (including 300 points for Red Riding Hood which I own), so there's no reason for me to hurry up and join WB Insider Rewards and enter any of my codes any time soon? Basically, I missed all the limited time good promos, right?
They run promos like the Red Riding Hood from time to time. Ususally when a title is just being released on home video.

If the Casablanca deal is still working, that might be enough of a reason to sign up and enter your codes. Not sure if it is though and hopefully someone else can chime in on that.

I used the Casablanca deal and received Star Wars: The Clone Wars S1 yesterday.
Old 02-28-12, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Casablanca was removed as a reward. I didn't see it yesterday.

Some of the SD people are now complaining that they are trying to redeem their stolen points for their rewards and they are not getting coupons anymore. They're still losing the points though from their accounts as if they did get their coupons. Had to laugh at the person who said they were putting in a support ticket to complain about the lost points.
Old 03-01-12, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

So how does this Reward program work? I've been hoarding points and saving up for Clone Wars. This weekend I added my code for Clash of the Titans and finally had enough for Star Wars. I clicked on it and "bought" it and the appropriate number of points vanished from my account. I got a confirmation page and a promise of a coupon or something but since then, nothing.

Was I supposed to get an e-mail or something? I can't find anything on the website to show I "purchased" this title.
Old 03-01-12, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by The Valeyard
So how does this Reward program work? I've been hoarding points and saving up for Clone Wars. This weekend I added my code for Clash of the Titans and finally had enough for Star Wars. I clicked on it and "bought" it and the appropriate number of points vanished from my account. I got a confirmation page and a promise of a coupon or something but since then, nothing.

Was I supposed to get an e-mail or something? I can't find anything on the website to show I "purchased" this title.
If you look under Account/Coupons it should list the coupon code there to use on wbshop.com to get it for free.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.