Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Target $5 Disney Blu-ray Coupon

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-11, 10:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Target $5 Disney Blu-ray Coupon

I printed it out and asked for a price adjustment on Nausicaa (which I bought for 17.99 after the Disney coupon), and the cashier scanned it and handed me $5! Looks like I hit the jackpot - Nausicaa for $12.99. Thanks so much for the coupon scan!
Old 03-23-11, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by FranklinShepard
I printed it out and asked for a price adjustment on Nausicaa (which I bought for 17.99 after the Disney coupon), and the cashier scanned it and handed me $5! Looks like I hit the jackpot - Nausicaa for $12.99. Thanks so much for the coupon scan!
Not too surprising for Target. How many days was it since you bought it? More than 10 I assume?

I'm hoping if I say "I forgot to use this Disney coupon on my purchase 2 weeks ago" that they'll say no problem and do the same thing rather than "we can't adjust prices beyond 10 days". We all know that they CAN do it and their computer system will allow it, so it depends on who you get and if they go by the letter of the policy. I still think chances are good because I typically find Target employees much more willing to help than employees at those 2 other stores I find far less helpful (one starts with a W and the other with a B).

I actually went to Target yesterday for something else and had printed the $5 coupon scan posted here, but thanks to being in a hurry for work left it sitting in the printer at home. I wanted to print it from work, but they have DVD Talk blocked. Thankfully SD isn't blocked but the coupon scan appears only to be here.
Old 03-23-11, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Manzana
Not too surprising for Target. How many days was it since you bought it? More than 10 I assume?

I'm hoping if I say "I forgot to use this Disney coupon on my purchase 2 weeks ago" that they'll say no problem and do the same thing rather than "we can't adjust prices beyond 10 days". We all know that they CAN do it and their computer system will allow it, so it depends on who you get and if they go by the letter of the policy. I still think chances are good because I typically find Target employees much more willing to help than employees at those 2 other stores I find far less helpful (one starts with a W and the other with a B).

I actually went to Target yesterday for something else and had printed the $5 coupon scan posted here, but thanks to being in a hurry for work left it sitting in the printer at home. I wanted to print it from work, but they have DVD Talk blocked. Thankfully SD isn't blocked but the coupon scan appears only to be here.
Nope, I just bought it on Sunday. Sorry. Although my gut feeling says that the employees at my store would've done a price adjustment if I had the receipt and the coupon no matter when it was - they were very nice and easy-going about it.
Old 03-23-11, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana
In this case, it really doesn't matter how long ago you bought it since it never was on sale and has always cost $28. So just do a return/rebuy with the coupon.
Old 03-23-11, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by basketb
In this case, it really doesn't matter how long ago you bought it since it never was on sale and has always cost $28. So just do a return/rebuy with the coupon.
Except both Manaza and I purchased it with the 10$ Disney coupon as well, which expired 3/20. So re-buying isn't an option.
Old 03-23-11, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by FranklinShepard
Except both Manaza and I purchased it with the 10$ Disney coupon as well, which expired 3/20. So re-buying isn't an option.
You may want to get familiar with how these Disnay DMR coupons work and are a form of payment and then you'll see that re-buying is an option.
Old 03-23-11, 03:26 PM

You may want to get familiar with how these Disnay DMR coupons work and are a form of payment and then you'll see that re-buying is an option.
I'm not sure what you're saying - that these coupons work past their expiration date? I know they're manufacturer's coupons, but even those expire.
Old 03-23-11, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

technically that would be fraud though. returning a item bought with a coupon,to get back the value of the coupon in cash is illegal even if you are just turning around and re purchasing and applying the the cash value of the manufactures coupon towards the repurchase to take advantage of a lower price or store coupon as well.
Old 03-23-11, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
technically that would be fraud though. ...
I certainly do not want to go down that road and be involved in a discussion about this. But you are using some mighty words here: "fraud", "illegal". Can you cite some laws to substantiate your claim? Following your arguments, one would never be able to return an item that was (partially) purchased with (manufacturers') coupons. That seems utter nonsense to me.
Old 03-23-11, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I certainly do not want to go down that road and be involved in a discussion about this. But you are using some mighty words here: "fraud", "illegal". Can you cite some laws to substantiate your claim? Following your arguments, one would never be able to return an item that was (partially) purchased with (manufacturers') coupons. That seems utter nonsense to me.
I agree with you. If I buy something with a coupon the store is going to get reiumbursed whether or not they pay me. If I don't get cash back they make a free $10 for a sale that wasn't made.
Old 03-23-11, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Particularly if you are turning around and using that $10 again to rebuy the same item. Amity I would LOVE to see your source questioning the legality of this situation.
Old 03-23-11, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've been down this road with him on this exact subject...he'll come back with some wishy-washy example...best to just let him have the ball and go home It'll save us all twenty pages of theory on coupon fraud
Old 03-24-11, 11:01 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

used mine to get $5 back from the copy of Nausicaa on Sunday . will gladly hold onto another copy to use with Tangled this Tuesday
Old 03-24-11, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll probably use the coupon on the incredibles and tron! Thanks much for the scan.
Old 03-25-11, 07:23 AM

THANKS A BUNCH SNOWMAKER!!!. i don't know why somebody didn't do that before. geez. sharing is caring.
Old 03-26-11, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

think this would work if I just showed it to them on my phone? i know it'll scan, but will they accept it?
Old 03-26-11, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by NiCK Crush
think this would work if I just showed it to them on my phone? i know it'll scan, but will they accept it?
they might, its worth a shot, wost thing they can say is no.
Old 03-28-11, 03:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Did we hit a max download of the image. I can't seem to get it to open.

http://img859.imageshack.us/i/disneycoupon.jpg/
Old 03-28-11, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by b2net
Did we hit a max download of the image. I can't seem to get it to open.

http://img859.imageshack.us/i/disneycoupon.jpg/
displays fine for me.
Old 03-28-11, 11:54 AM

Got 4 of these printed out, will be using one with Tangled tomorrow along with disney's $5 off. Hopefully will be able to use these with Tron and The Incredibles when they come out.
Old 03-28-11, 12:11 PM

This is what I don't get:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Disney-Tangled-4...item4aa9da3589

$15 for a $5 off coupon. Someone didn't read the description.
Old 03-28-11, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Blu-ray-collect

People can be so stupid sometimes :P
Old 03-28-11, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Blu-ray-collect

Maybe they plan on scanning it and using it a bunch of times... Due to the $24.99 minimum, I probably would only use it on Tangled and nothing else...
Old 03-28-11, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got this coupon because I'm a Target Credit Card (RedCard) holder. They send booklets of coupons every 4-6 weeks, lately. My coupon has a different barcode on it than this one. I always thought these were linked to your account.
Old 03-28-11, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

displays fine for me.
Working now... Maybe it was just a glitch this morning...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.