DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   The Fighter $5 printable coupon (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/588577-fighter-%245-printable-coupon.html)

junglalien 03-15-11 02:06 PM

The Fighter $5 printable coupon

Expires 3/31/2011
http://www.paramount.com/PHE/newslet...er_coupon.html

downwardspiral 03-15-11 02:10 PM

Re: The Fighter $5 printable coupon

Huge hug to you and Paramount!

jackepstein 03-15-11 02:26 PM

Any chance we can combine the $5 off with the Best Buy 10% off coupon this week?
http://m.bestbuy.com/mobile/coupons/...e-2094199.html

SPiRAL 03-15-11 02:46 PM

Nice, makes it $12.99 at Fry's for Blu

kenbenobi 03-15-11 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by jackepstein (Post 10680936)
Any chance we can combine the $5 off with the Best Buy 10% off coupon this week?

Not sure if you have a different coupon or not, but that coupon is not valid on DVD's or BD's. Only specific product types... Usually there is a separate coupon good on DVD's and BD's...
As for combining coupons? Huge YMMV...

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi 03-15-11 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi (Post 10681027)
As for combining coupons? Huge YMMV...

Manufacturer and a store coupon are usually fine.

maxfisher 03-15-11 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by SPiRAL (Post 10680969)
Nice, makes it $12.99 at Fry's for Blu

As far as I know, Fry's still has a policy against accepting coupons.

adrenaline78 03-15-11 06:50 PM

wasn't going to buy it.. but I think I will now with the $5

gotrice487 03-15-11 06:57 PM

All of these coupons are gonna run me broke! Thanks for the heads-up!

Idioteque... 03-15-11 07:23 PM

The coupon should be scanned and then the manufactuer's coupon will be entered manually as a form of payment. Any asshole trying to screw you over should go to hell.

As for the coupon itself, only off regular priced items, Fighter is on sale so no it won't work.

alfredog1976 03-15-11 08:31 PM

PM'ed the Fry's ad at Best Buy. Used the coupon with no problems. I also had a reward zone $10 coupon, grand total was $3.69 for me :D

adrenaline78 03-16-11 08:27 AM

decided not to get it. Good coupon, but prices have been falling so fast.. and I'd prefer to see it first.

Manzana 03-16-11 10:19 AM

Don't get me started on a BB rant! As others have said, it's YMMV. If you went to my nearest store, I can 100% guarantee you that you would not be allowed to use both coupons (and very possibly not even be allowed to use any of them). If you live in a different part of the country (as most do), it would seem you have at least a 50% chance.

bsmith 03-16-11 10:28 AM

So Walmart has it for $20 ($3 cheaper then BB). Does Walmart take manufacturer coupons?

If not, Walmart doesn't have the sale price in an ad. How do you price match with BB if you have no ad to bring in. Will they call Walmart to verify based on you telling them the price?

trying to get this for $15. If not, I'll wait for later price reductions.

Sweet Baby James 03-16-11 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by bsmith (Post 10682124)
So Walmart has it for $20 ($3 cheaper then BB). Does Walmart take manufacturer coupons?

Wal*Mart does accept these coupons.

Timber 03-16-11 12:20 PM

Hmmm, don't know about this one. Cheapest price around here is Target for $22.99 so when I factor in tax it's not much better then Amazon's $19.99 price. I know it will be cheaper in a month or so but this being probably my favorite movie last year will probably mean I pick it up now.

Timber 03-16-11 12:22 PM

So Walmart has it for $20 ($3 cheaper then BB).

I hate Walmart. My price here is $24.96, I wish they had at least a little consistency as far as pricing goes.

dino88 03-16-11 01:23 PM

Did you see this price at the store? The online price is $20, but Walmart doesn't match their website. I called the b&m yesterday and they told me it was $25.

Dorsalphin 03-16-11 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana (Post 10682106)
Don't get me started on a BB rant! As others have said, it's YMMV. If you went to my nearest store, I can 100% guarantee you that you would not be allowed to use both coupons (and very possibly not even be allowed to use any of them). If you live in a different part of the country (as most do), it would seem you have at least a 50% chance.

This has always been my experience as well.

Went to my local BB last night and I eventually was able to price match Frys and use the manufacture's coupon. Granted, I had to talk to (1) the clerk at the register, then (2) the guy at the front door, and finally (3) the manager on duty before I was allowed to use both. My BB's around me always use the default response of "you can use one but not both" when it comes to things like this.

I will say I was surprised that none of them gave me a hard time about it at all and the manager only needed to look at the coupon for 30 seconds before he approved it, but it just amazes me what a pain in the ass it is to use legitimate coupons at BB. To top it all off I waited about 25 minutes for BB to "confirm" that Frys had the Blu in stock and it was the price listed in their ad. I probably would have walked across the street to Target if I didn't have a BB gift card that I wanted to get rid of. Plus, after waiting about 20 minutes I started to wonder if the manager had just agreed to allow me to use the coupon so he could avoid a potential confrontation while telling his employee to just say he was on hold until I got tired and left. I know that sounds crazy, but this is BB we're talking about here and I've had them do much worse. So at that point I considered it a personal challenge to get the disc for the legitimate price. :)

Anyway, big thank you to the OP for the coupon.

mooovies 03-17-11 06:22 AM

i bought it from walmart website....so can i still get the 5.00 off if i bring it to walmart and ask to take it off

bsmith 03-17-11 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by dino88 (Post 10682428)
Did you see this price at the store? The online price is $20, but Walmart doesn't match their website. I called the b&m yesterday and they told me it was $25.

Sorry about that...I had hoped the in-store was the same as the website but it was not once I went to the store. I ended up getting it at target instead for $23 - $5.

Manzana 03-17-11 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Dorsalphin (Post 10682497)
I probably would have walked across the street to Target if I didn't have a BB gift card that I wanted to get rid of.

I don't know if you saw it, but I and others have mentioned in the Amazon and other BB threads that you can use your BB GC to buy a $25 or $50 Amazon (Kindle) GC that works on everything at Amazon. That beautifully solved my problem of having to "kill myself" trying to use up a BB GC. Of course I'm afraid this won't last long because it's such a beautiful solution to the "oh no, I got another BB GC for Christmas even though I told everyone only buy me Amazon, Target or Walmart GCs" that happens each year. When next Christmas rolls around I doubt this solution will be available, but here's to hoping.

Dorsalphin 03-17-11 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana (Post 10683543)
I don't know if you saw it...

Thanks for the heads up; I completely missed that. As of now my Best Buy gift card balance is back down to $0, but that's good to know for the future.

wildman1037 03-21-11 08:00 AM

Thanks OP, got to use this last week along with a $5 RZ cert at BB.

sotra 03-21-11 10:25 AM

No more coupons :(
That's what I get for working a week with 12 hour shifts I guess.