Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Tangled and/or Tron Coupons???

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-11, 12:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Tangled and/or Tron Coupons???

Does anyone think Best Buy will match Target's $8 promo discount?

Last edited by masetodd; 04-04-11 at 12:56 AM.
Old 04-04-11, 06:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 740 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by masetodd
Does anyone think Best Buy will match Target's $8 promo discount?
They might if you show them the ad, but I don't think you can get them to accept the Disney Coupon on top of that, as the ad explicitly states that you can't combine them. Many of us are betting that despite that wording in the ad, Target will still accept the coupon.
Old 04-04-11, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
Many of us are betting that despite that wording in the ad, Target will still accept the coupon.
Yes. It all depends on how their computers are programmed. I think we'll all hand both movies first, the $8 combo discount should pop up, and when we start handing coupons if the computer doesn't take away the $8 discount then we should be OK. If the computer takes away the discount because of the coupons, we won't have a leg to stand on asking for the discount (though I'm sure someone will manage to ask for and get the discount anyway). At the same time I'm sure that at least a few Target employees will be wise to the fine print of the $8 combo deal and do everything in their power to stop you from getting all the discounts (including informing customer service and other employees of the fine print so they will deny you the discount). I've run across both types, but most Target employees I've encountered are nice and will let things go through if the computer accepts them and only a handful are the Gestappo types (I ran across one last Tuesday requiring me to go to a different Target).

And someone speculated given how these coupons work on multiple versions of the same title that it might work on Tron as well as Tron Legacy. I doubt that will be the case, but you never know. So, like last week, I hope people post their stories of how it goes early on.
Old 04-04-11, 10:06 AM

Was the time and fuel used to go to a different Target worth the money saved?

And, really, you cannot fault employees for reading the fine print. They aren't "Gestapo"-type employees; they are just doing their job. If a coupon is not used properly, doesn't Target eat the cost because Disney won't give them the money from the coupon?
Old 04-04-11, 11:03 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by Blu-ray-collect

And, really, you cannot fault employees for reading the fine print. They aren't "Gestapo"-type employees; they are just doing their job. If a coupon is not used properly, doesn't Target eat the cost because Disney won't give them the money from the coupon?
not really. all Target will do is send Disney the coupons and the total tally of how many of the product was sold. if they the total of product sold is more than the total coupons redeemed then they get reimbursed by Disney.
Old 04-04-11, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Blu-ray-collect
It's not a waste gas money if you're driving by there anyway. I know I drive directly past 2 different Targets every day on my way to work, and I believe Manzana has also stated that he does the same.

I also have 3 additional Targets that are within 15 minutes of where I work, if I choose to stop in during my lunch hour.
Old 04-04-11, 11:39 AM

Now for the last piece of the puzzle: Does anyone know (or have an idea) how long the Amazon "Buy both $8 discount" will last?

If it's still on as of tomorrow, and the $5 coupon doesn't work at Target, I'd still probably buy from Amazon to save on tax (~10% in CA).
Old 04-04-11, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by masetodd
Now for the last piece of the puzzle: Does anyone know (or have an idea) how long the Amazon "Buy both $8 discount" will last?
My email from Amazon refers to it as a Pre-order Promo, so today could be the last day to use it.
Old 04-04-11, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Manzana
Yes. It all depends on how their computers are programmed. I think we'll all hand both movies first, the $8 combo discount should pop up, and when we start handing coupons if the computer doesn't take away the $8 discount then we should be OK. If the computer takes away the discount because of the coupons, we won't have a leg to stand on asking for the discount (though I'm sure someone will manage to ask for and get the discount anyway). At the same time I'm sure that at least a few Target employees will be wise to the fine print of the $8 combo deal and do everything in their power to stop you from getting all the discounts (including informing customer service and other employees of the fine print so they will deny you the discount). I've run across both types, but most Target employees I've encountered are nice and will let things go through if the computer accepts them and only a handful are the Gestappo types (I ran across one last Tuesday requiring me to go to a different Target).

And someone speculated given how these coupons work on multiple versions of the same title that it might work on Tron as well as Tron Legacy. I doubt that will be the case, but you never know. So, like last week, I hope people post their stories of how it goes early on.
just got back from the west hollywood target, they had a sign allready posted on the end cap where Tron will be sitting tomorrow posted stating that to get the 8 dollar discount when purchasing both tron and tron legacy you can not be use ANY coupons. note that the word ANY is underlined.

Not sure if all stores are posting these signs but west hollywood has and when i asked the electronics head said that meant manufactures or store coupon and it came from there district office. just thought i would give a heads up.
Old 04-04-11, 10:48 PM

Amazon dropped their prices a further $5 on the 2-disc editions, that also combine for the $8 discount.

Tron: Legacy (2-Disc) $19.99
Tron: Original (2-Disc) $19.99
- $8 discount is $31.98
Old 04-04-11, 11:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IndianaRed
Amazon dropped their prices a further $5 on the 2-disc editions, that also combine for the $8 discount.

Tron: Legacy (2-Disc) $19.99
Tron: Original (2-Disc) $19.99
- $8 discount is $31.98
Sold. (Ow, my aching wallet...!)
Old 04-05-11, 12:00 AM

Amazon $8 off is only for 2 disc combo only.

So is Target the best place to buy Tron Legacy & Tron Classic?
Old 04-05-11, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by AlexOi
Amazon $8 off is only for 2 disc combo only.

So is Target the best place to buy Tron Legacy & Tron Classic?
We really won't know until the morning when people start posting their experiences at target.
Old 04-05-11, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Screw this mess. I went with the Tron: Legacy / Tron: The Original Classic (Five-Disc Combo) set for $32 shipped at the Disney movie club.
Old 04-05-11, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vmars
We really won't know until the morning when people start posting their experiences at target.
Even if people aren't able to use the $5 Tron: Legacy Coupon, you still get more for your money at Target.
Old 04-05-11, 03:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ifb the $8 gets denied, couldn't you just buy both at target still for $30?
Tron legacy =$25 -$5dmr,-$5 disney bunny mney
tron=$20 -$5bm
Old 04-05-11, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by izatright
Screw this mess. I went with the Tron: Legacy / Tron: The Original Classic (Five-Disc Combo) set for $32 shipped at the Disney movie club.
How did you manage that price, did you have to order something else with it?
Old 04-05-11, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 600 Likes on 433 Posts

Target.
Scanned the 24.99 4discer then scanned the 2 disc Tron. Auto $8 promo popped up.
I said I have a coupon and handed the dmr $5 coupon.
She scanned it and it worked.
6 discs for $32.
Old 04-05-11, 07:45 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Sounds like a YMMV if Target has a sign up stating no coupons can be accepted with the promo. Oh well, might as well try.
Old 04-05-11, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by DJ_Longfellow
Ifb the $8 gets denied, couldn't you just buy both at target still for $30?
Tron legacy =$25 -$5dmr,-$5 disney bunny mney
tron=$20 -$5bm
No because that $5bm can't be used on the original tron since it's not $24.99 or more
Old 04-05-11, 08:21 AM

Same experience as whotony. Bought the 4 pack Tron Legacy and the 2 pack Tron and after the $8 promo was taken out, handed in the $5 DMR coupon.

No problem unless you count the two clerks that it took to release the anti-piracy thingy strapped tightly around the Tron Legacy Blu-ray.
Old 04-05-11, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My Target took the DMR coupon for the 2-Disc TRON Legacy:

$37.98 with the RedCard
-$8.00 Promo Discount
-$5.00 MFR Coupon
$24.98 for both TRON Legacy and "The Original Classic"

BTW, my Target had no slipcovers on the 4-disc Legacy sets.
Old 04-05-11, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

No problem with the 8 +5 DMR coupon at my Target ... double points today for Tron over at Disney Movie Rewards sweetens it .. now to decide if I want that Tron bust
Old 04-05-11, 08:56 AM

The $5 DMR coupon worked at my Target for the 4-disc Tron: Legacy Blu-Ray and Tron Blu-Ray. The receipt ends up looking a little strange, with the $5 coupon being subtracted off in the middle of the "package deal" but the total price for the package deal doesn't reflect it. However it is reflected in the final price charged.
Old 04-05-11, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Worked here too ...

I tried the $5 Bunny Munny first, but the system said it didn't apply to any of the items, probably because the $8 was already taken off. So, handed cashier the $5 DMR and done.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.