Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Amazon - $5 Off Tron Legacy BDs

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-11, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Amazon - $5 Off Tron Legacy BDs

Originally Posted by joe_b
There used to be a little clickable coupon under the cover art on the product page, but I don't see it now. Looks like they pulled it already.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's still there. You have to be signed in to see it.
Ugh...I logged out and logged back in just in case something was screwy. Tried another computer in case of cookies or other issues. Checked both the Disney page on Amazon.com and the page for the Tron 5-Disc with limited Identity Disc packaging and still no $5 coupon

I think I am missing something?... anyone willing to do a screen cap so I know I'm not going crazy? TIA!
Old 02-09-11, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by snausages
I think I am missing something?... anyone willing to do a screen cap so I know I'm not going crazy? TIA!
I used the link provided by OP just a few minutes ago. Click the spoiler thingy to see full photo:

Spoiler:
Old 02-09-11, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by snausages
Here's the coupon on the 5-Disc gift set page:
Spoiler:
Old 02-09-11, 03:34 PM

Neither of those show up on my Amazon account either...maybe it's a thing Amazon does with some customers and not others?
Old 02-09-11, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by FranklinShepard
Neither of those show up on my Amazon account either...maybe it's a thing Amazon does with some customers and not others?
Could be. Seems like a lot of work for a mediocre coupon. I'd recommend contacting Amazon CS and requesting it. If they give free discounts where none are warranted how could they deny a legitimate coupon?
Old 02-09-11, 05:23 PM

Afther $5 coupon, is $50.99 for the five discs & $64.99 for CE good deal?
Old 02-09-11, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by AlexOi
Afther $5 coupon, is $50.99 for the five discs & $64.99 for CE good deal?
Probably not. I expect the prices to go down before release (and/or shortly afterwards).
Old 02-10-11, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks izatright and joe_b for the screen caps. I definitely do not see either of those on my account. I even asked a friend to check their account and none either. I guess I'm not special enough for Amazon.com pre-orders. Bah

Appreciate the help...at least now I know I am not going batty blind.
Old 02-10-11, 09:20 AM

I emailed Amazon CS, and the first time the CSR had no idea what I was talking about, and said they didn't honor Disney manufacturer coupons. I then emailed again and linked to those screencaps, and they apologized and gave me 5$ promo credit.

I would recommend anyone who can't see these, do that.
Old 02-10-11, 11:09 AM

You have to logon to see the $5.00 coupon. I have 2 computers that one I sign on to Amazon and the coupn link is there and the other I did not and no link.
Old 02-10-11, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I want both Tron movies. Are my only choices to buy the movies in individual releases or to buy the overpriced 5-disc set for around $50? I'm so used to getting my Disney BDs around $10 ($15 max) after coupon that buying 2 movies seems like it should cost no more than $30 after coupons just like the Fantasia 2-movie set cost (making $50 seem really steep). I hope we get $10 off coupons on each.

I also hope that someone will do a comparison between the different options of buying the separate releases vs. the 5-disc vs. the Legacy set. Every time Disney releases multiple sets, I want to know exactly what the difference is in content (extras) between the sets (besides the obvious 3D movie and digital copy). Sadly it's often difficult or time consuming to find such vital info.
Old 02-11-11, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 609 Likes on 448 Posts

The 5-disc set is $49.99 for the moment . . .
Old 02-12-11, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Manzana
I want both Tron movies. Are my only choices to buy the movies in individual releases or to buy the overpriced 5-disc set for around $50? I'm so used to getting my Disney BDs around $10 ($15 max) after coupon that buying 2 movies seems like it should cost no more than $30 after coupons just like the Fantasia 2-movie set cost (making $50 seem really steep). I hope we get $10 off coupons on each.

I also hope that someone will do a comparison between the different options of buying the separate releases vs. the 5-disc vs. the Legacy set. Every time Disney releases multiple sets, I want to know exactly what the difference is in content (extras) between the sets (besides the obvious 3D movie and digital copy). Sadly it's often difficult or time consuming to find such vital info.
1. I do not think there will be any $10 coupons as they've only done that with animated films in the past.

2. There is no content difference among the various releases. They are just packaged differently.
Old 02-12-11, 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by Brian T
The 5-disc set is $49.99 for the moment . . .
Thanks for the heads up. Called and got it adjusted.

Item(s) Subtotal: $49.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Your Coupon Savings: -$5.00
-----
Total Before Tax: $44.99
Estimated Tax To Be Collected: $0.00
-----
Grand Total: $44.99
Old 02-12-11, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by mifuneral
1. I do not think there will be any $10 coupons as they've only done that with animated films in the past.
They've done that with a ton of their live-action films, including (from memory) Santa Paws, Secretariat and Beverly Hills Chihuahua 2. AND I think there have been upgrading coupons for EVERY previously available film that was available on DVD and released on BD. So, yeah, we're expecting a Tron coupon!
Old 02-12-11, 01:42 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

Looks like the $5 Off has been killed.
Old 02-12-11, 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by izatright
They've done that with a ton of their live-action films, including (from memory) Santa Paws, Secretariat and Beverly Hills Chihuahua 2. AND I think there have been upgrading coupons for EVERY previously available film that was available on DVD and released on BD. So, yeah, we're expecting a Tron coupon!
Who knows what this will retail for though. The list price is all over the place.

Target.com $69.99 Five Disc
Wal-Mart.com $49.99 Five Disc
Future Shop Canada $74.99 Five Disc
Old 02-12-11, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by mifuneral
2. There is no content difference among the various releases. They are just packaged differently.
Excellent! So buying the individual Tron and Tron Legacy releases = Tron 5-disc set minus the movie in 3D and the digital copy. No other extras are lost.

I'll buy both if I can get them for
Old 02-12-11, 04:37 PM

[QUOTE=Manzana;10635629]Excellent! So buying the individual Tron and Tron Legacy releases = Tron 5-disc set minus the movie in 3D and the digital copy. No other extras are lost.

I'll buy both if I can get them for
Old 02-15-11, 09:10 AM

I'm not complaining by the 2D Legacy/Original price (minus the coupon) as the sale of my beat-up dvd of the original a month ago on ebay is going to more than cover the cost.
Old 02-15-11, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by bogrod
I'm not complaining by the 2D Legacy/Original price (minus the coupon) as the sale of my beat-up dvd of the original a month ago on ebay is going to more than cover the cost.
I sold mine for $60 and I'm STILL complaining. But the trend has always been that Disney prices high and then drops prices dramatically during release week. I'm not worried.
Old 02-15-11, 06:41 PM

"I sold mine for $60 and I'm STILL complaining."
I'm not. I got more than $50 for it, which is two and a half times what I paid for it originally. While I'm a fan of the original, I knew that the re-release was coming.

I'm kind of assuming that Amazon and others are going to get into a price war over this title towards release date. With the coupon discount, the first and second film on blu-ray, shipped, is $44.99. I am willing to bet it will eventually be somewhere in the $30's.