Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Alice In Wonderland (1951) Disney $10 off coupon

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Alice In Wonderland (1951) Disney $10 off coupon

Old 02-02-11, 08:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Alice In Wonderland (1951) Disney $10 off coupon

It would be a shame if it really were a corporate decision of BB to not take them anymore. If it's true it does explain the resistance that more of us seemed to experience with this release over the previous ones.
Old 02-02-11, 08:58 PM

This blu-ray has been really hard to find. All the Best Buys around me seem to have not received them yet, and the local Target stores are all sold out.
Old 02-02-11, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Had no problem picking this up Target using the Best Buy ad and the $10 coupon. Last copy too.
Old 02-02-11, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by FranklinShepard
My Amazon Prime Two-Day shipping did NOT come through for me.

I got an email around 3PM saying my shipment might be delayed due to the weather. It's not raining or snowing here, or at least it wasn't last night! Stupid UPS. I sent an angry email to Amazon, and I better get my package today. I told them I would've bought it at Best Buy if I had known it would be delayed.
I always blame Amazon when the weather causes delays in shipment. An email telling them to control the weather better may have been a good idea too. ANGER! [sarcasm]

Seriously though, the shipment may be coming from a place where there is bad weather. I got the same email. This may just be a precaution too. And let's not forget, this is affecting more than just one person... just saying.
Old 02-02-11, 10:53 PM

Got mine at Best Buy 11.94 after tax/coupon here in LA. No problem with the coupon.
Old 02-02-11, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by ozzfan84
It would be a shame if it really were a corporate decision of BB to not take them anymore. If it's true it does explain the resistance that more of us seemed to experience with this release over the previous ones.
That store manager is talking out of his @ss they never recieved any corperate mandate telling them not to accept them anymore. Contact the 1 800 number and also check on the coupons website and both will confirm bestbuy is a partner in the program.
some store managers are just plain ignorant. And they wonder why they loose business.
Old 02-02-11, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ozzfan84
I would be upset if this didn't come from someone who took 6+ minutes and multiple post edits to type an insult on the internet.
No insult was intended I just found your post humorous.
Old 02-03-11, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by budster7
This blu-ray has been really hard to find. All the Best Buys around me seem to have not received them yet, and the local Target stores are all sold out.
Yeah, same here. I hope they get a shipment in by tomorrow. That's when I head to pick up my Apocalypse Now and Fantastic Mr. Fox at BB.
Old 02-03-11, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My local Target seems to restock the sale item DVDs/BR's around Thursday, so I'm sure this will be instock again.
Old 02-03-11, 07:52 AM

I must say that BB needs to really train their employees and managers to be a little more consistent in their policies. Please understand that I am not complaining, but hearing of some of the major issues people have had makes me scratch my head.

My purchase last night could not have gone smoother. I brought the movie, the coupon and a $10.00 RZ cert. to the cashier. The movie is on sale at $19.99 and the $10 cert. can only be used on items $10 or more. So, the cashier increased the movie to $20.00 so that after the coupon, I could use the $10.00 RZ cert. How awesome is that? When ringing the order up, he even put a note in the computer that the price was increased to $20.00 so I could use both the coupon and the RZ cert.

All that was left was tax that was paid for from a gift card that I had.

This is the BB that I typically visit and the employees there, especially the cashiers, are typically on the ball and know what is going on with regards to coupons and specials.
Old 02-03-11, 07:54 AM

I just don't understand why some BB's fight the customer when trying to use coupons. It's almost like they don't want you to save money or don't want you to get it at a price they think is too cheap. My local BB seems to be OK, though I have sworn off buying at BB recently because of the problems with the 2/22.98 promotion of month ago, Every time I walk in to BB, I just get bad vibes from this shady retailer.

I didn't even try BB. Just PM's at Target, Aside from a rude CSR who was trying to mangle the case in getting it out of the protective capsule, it was pretty painless.
Old 02-03-11, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
I was able to use the $10 coupon with some minor problems today at my local Best Buy. I ordered it online and did a in store pick up to make sure they would have a copy waiting for me. However for some reason when I went to pick it up at the store they couldn't scan the coupon, and said I would have to come back or call them to get the $10 off applied to my purchase. They took the coupon and stapled it to my paper work for the order, so I would not need to return to the store. Since I had to run some errands I decided to drop back by the store later, since I figured I would probably run into some problems trying to handle it over the phone. Good thing I did because the woman helping me in customer service only wanted to give me 10% off. Fortunately the manager was around and remembered me, and was able to get the $10 coupon refunded on my purchase.
went through something similar. but when i went to pick up he forgot to apply the coupon and wasn't able to do a return and rebuy with coupon, he said .com pickup orders require 24 hour waiting period before being returned, he stapled my coupon to the receipt and said to come back whenever and get $10 back. this happened on tuesday, going back today, it better work.
Old 02-03-11, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by micmac36
went through something similar. but when i went to pick up he forgot to apply the coupon and wasn't able to do a return and rebuy with coupon, he said .com pickup orders require 24 hour waiting period before being returned, he stapled my coupon to the receipt and said to come back whenever and get $10 back. this happened on tuesday, going back today, it better work.
Make sure to get the same person who helped you before or you might run into problems. When I returned the first employee I talked with didn't seem to comprehend I was supposed to get credit for $10 and wanted to only give me 10% off. Fortunately the manager who approved the coupon when I picked up Alice in Wonderland earlier in the day showed up and took care of it without any further issues.
Old 02-03-11, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Target had no problem accepting the $10 coupon. Conservative-looking guy gave it a once-over, scanned it, and sent me on my merry way.
Old 02-03-11, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by micmac36
That's exactly why I didn't order it online for in-store pickup, since I went through that hassle once before. I just verified to make sure my store had it in-stock online before I went...
Old 02-03-11, 04:21 PM
Premium Member

Received 676 Likes on 456 Posts

No problem (as usual) at the Best Buy closest to me. Purchased it today, and the cashier didn't question the coupon.
Old 02-03-11, 05:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just picked up my copy (the only one left) at Best Buy and I was nervous as hell walking up to the cash register after reading on here about others having difficulty using the coupon. I gave it to the cashier, she looked at it for at least 60 full seconds (may not sound like long, but standing there in silence while she scans it repeatedly with her eyes felt like a lifetime), and eventually seemed to decide that it wasn't worth the trouble to give me a hard time about it and manually deducted the $10.00. Whew.
Old 02-03-11, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Went to a different BB tonight and used the coupon w/o issue. I even noticed there was another coupon on the register from a prior purchase, so the cashier knew what she was doing and automatically manually entered the discount w/o saying anything. $11.xx out the door.
Old 02-03-11, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,356 Likes on 921 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadToPerdition
Just picked up my copy (the only one left) at Best Buy and I was nervous as hell walking up to the cash register after reading on here about others having difficulty using the coupon. I gave it to the cashier, she looked at it for at least 60 full seconds (may not sound like long, but standing there in silence while she scans it repeatedly with her eyes felt like a lifetime), and eventually seemed to decide that it wasn't worth the trouble to give me a hard time about it and manually deducted the $10.00. Whew.

it's not like you are committing a crime or something.
Old 02-03-11, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones

it's not like you are committing a crime or something.
You wouldn't know it from the way a lot of cashiers and managers treat coupon users.
Old 02-03-11, 07:46 PM

Since I couldn't get the coupon to print I emailed disney to send me a coupon. It just arrived today.
Old 02-03-11, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by bworrell
Since I couldn't get the coupon to print I emailed disney to send me a coupon. It just arrived today.
Ugh.
I didn't even think of that.
I don't own a printer, so I have been trying to print this coupon from work computers, friends' computers, and parent's computer!
I had no luck.
Different glitches everywhere!

Now, no coupon.

I fail.

I missed on the Snow White deal and some other sweet Disney deals...I thought this one was in the bag...I never thought I would computer problems holding me back.
Old 02-03-11, 08:11 PM

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Used coupon at Best Buy on 5th Ave. in NYC no problem. Thanks OP for the codes to get the coupon.
Old 02-03-11, 09:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RoadToPerdition
Worst story of all time. You were nervous as hell? WTF?
Old 02-03-11, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Arpeggi
Worst story of all time. You were nervous as hell? WTF?
If I ever try to PM or use a coupon at BB or Future Shop here in Canada I'm usually nervous as hell too, as I know 70% of the time it's going to turn into an argument and I don't want to have to be scrutinized for a few bucks when I'm not the one doing anything wrong.

Hence why I stay the heck away from B&M stores as much as possible.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.