Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Best Buy Media Prices (January 30 - February 5, 2011)

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Best Buy Media Prices (January 30 - February 5, 2011)

Old 02-04-11, 09:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (January 30 - February 5, 2011)

Originally Posted by vmars View Post
Went in today and decided to speak to a manager about the situation. They had received more copies of the blu-ray but they were all the blu-ray + digital copy. After looking in the back we determined that they never received any of the combo pack. She checked their system to see if there had been any ad corrections and there hadn't been. She ended up taking my name and number and planned to contact corporate with the problem and give me a call sometime this week.

At the least I hope to get both the blu-ray and the dvd for $19.99 since I have a feeling the combo just doesn't exist or fell through with the studio. Hopefully we'll get an answer to this soon.
i called bestbuy,threw their contact us page on there website,the person who i complained to said"the dvd movie is on the same disk as the digital copy,it can play in dvd player"so i kept on saying no....they took my number and name,i asked if anyone else called about this misprint in there ad the said no
Old 02-04-11, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Picked up Heavy Metal tonight. Originally, I wasn't going to cause I thought it was barebones. Turns out, it's actually not. I'm not exactly sure how it stacks up to the DVD CE, but there are several special features including a Documentary, Deleted Scenes and a Rough Cut with Commentary. So I can live with that for $15.
Old 02-05-11, 12:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mooovies View Post
i called bestbuy,threw their contact us page on there website,the person who i complained to said"the dvd movie is on the same disk as the digital copy,it can play in dvd player"so i kept on saying no....they took my number and name,i asked if anyone else called about this misprint in there ad the said no
I just got a call back from best buy and they're gonna give me the dvd and the blu-ray for $19.99. They said it was a misprint in the ad.
Old 02-05-11, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kedrix View Post
Picked up Heavy Metal tonight. Originally, I wasn't going to cause I thought it was barebones. Turns out, it's actually not. I'm not exactly sure how it stacks up to the DVD CE, but there are several special features including a Documentary, Deleted Scenes and a Rough Cut with Commentary. So I can live with that for $15.
No one thought it was barebones, but the Special Edition DVD has many more extras on it besides those three.