Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

CH has free shipping with no minimum purchase for great prices as low as $5.95

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

CH has free shipping with no minimum purchase for great prices as low as $5.95

Old 01-21-11, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: CH has free shipping with no minimum purchase for great prices as low as $5.95

^

It's being discussed in the sale offer thread. I think that there are a number of people who appreciate a CH heads-up in other forums. Quite a few CH members don't regularly visit the clubs forum and some non-members might enroll after seeing a thread such as this.
Old 01-21-11, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: CH has free shipping with no minimum purchase for great prices as low as $5.95

Originally Posted by Manzana View Post
The cynic in me tells me most likely they took it down because they didn't intend people to get $5.95 BDs with free shipping and are probably in the process of jacking up the prices on the 4 BDs I have in my cart so that when they can finally get around to fixing their web site, I'll get mad when I see the new order total and end up deleting my cart. If they do that, then most likely it'll be a couple more years before I consider ordering from them again.
The site is back up and the $5.95 titles are still there with free shipping included. Stop being such a Negative Nellie.
Old 01-21-11, 09:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow. That time of the month?

I didn't know that none of the titles were eligible for BOGO. I haven't bought anything at CH for year(s) so I was just asking if there were any codes that would make this a better deal. I didn't mean to lead anyone on that BOGO applied to these titles by asking the question. Now that people have posted the answer (a definite no), I wanted to order but surprise surprise... CH's web page is down "for maintenance" during the middle of the day and it has been that way for hours. In the past years when I used to use CH a lot, I don't remember their web site ever being "down" before, so it's a bit odd. The cynic in me tells me most likely they took it down because they didn't intend people to get $5.95 BDs with free shipping and are probably in the process of jacking up the prices on the 4 BDs I have in my cart so that when they can finally get around to fixing their web site, I'll get mad when I see the new order total and end up deleting my cart. If they do that, then most likely it'll be a couple more years before I consider ordering from them again. Fortunately, anything CH has on sale will probably be that price at Amazon within a year. Most are only a few dollars cheaper even now. I know that CH can have great deals for new accounts with the right enrollment and fulfillment deals, but it was always time consuming and a pain to jump through all their hoops to get a good deal, so I decided not to bother with them any more.
Old 01-21-11, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James View Post
^

It's being discussed in the sale offer thread. I think that there are a number of people who appreciate a CH heads-up in other forums. Quite a few CH members don't regularly visit the clubs forum and some non-members might enroll after seeing a thread such as this.
Yes, I never visit it but I am a member of CH - so I am one of those appreciative of this thread.
Old 01-21-11, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James View Post
The site is back up and the $5.95 titles are still there with free shipping included. Stop being such a Negative Nellie.
Not being a Negative Nellie is like saying "Manzana, don't be Manzana". :-)

I placed my order for my 4 titles, and I was charged tax. I don't remember that being the case before for my state, but oh well. Things change after a couple years. Definitely weird that their site went down for maintenance during the middle of the day.

Originally Posted by Pookymeister View Post
Yes, I never visit it but I am a member of CH - so I am one of those appreciative of this thread.
Same here. If this had been in the Clubs forum I would've never seen it. Maybe everyone else logs in and subscribes to threads which they read, but I just read the last page of the topmost (latest) threads that interest me in this and the DVD Bargains forum.
Old 01-22-11, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Not being a Negative Nellie is like saying "Manzana, don't be Manzana". :-)

I placed my order for my 4 titles, and I was charged tax. I don't remember that being the case before for my state, but oh well. Things change after a couple years. Definitely weird that their site went down for maintenance during the middle of the day.
Manzana, PLEASE don't be Manzana
Old 01-22-11, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw Once Upon a Time in America for $14.99. $4 cheaper than Amazon. Sold.
Old 01-23-11, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I picked up:

Dawn of the Dead $5.95
Misery $8.95
Uncle Buck $8.97
Jewel Of the Nile $6.95
From Hell $6.95
Menace II Society $8.95
Dead Calm $5.95
A Bridge Too Far $5.95

And like last time I signed up for the 30 day trial of freeshipping.com or whatever it's called for a $10 cashback rebate on my order. So. $48.62 for 8 BDs ain't bad. Almost like Walmart's dumpbin, except thse are BDs!
Old 01-31-11, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks to be dead now on both free shipping and prices. Thanks OP. I picked up a few this past weekend before the prices died.
I got these 3: Over the Top $5.95, Observe and Report $5.95, and Sideways $6.95