DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   Bluray deals at Blockbuster (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/584670-bluray-deals-blockbuster.html)

KrazyJason 01-17-11 10:42 PM

Bluray deals at Blockbuster

Alot of great previously viewed titles ranging from 6.99 to 16.99, but most of the titles I want at the 9.99 or 6.99 price point. I picked up Zodiac, the 2 disc Director's cut for 9.99 at one BB, and Benjamin Button 2 disc Criterion for 6.99 at another. This is not just a one store thing. I've been to several stores in western NC and upstate SC. Oh, and also scored Zombieland for 9.99.

jwstl 01-17-11 11:27 PM

Re: Bluray deals at Blockbuster

Originally Posted by KrazyJason (Post 10595116)
Alot of great previously viewed titles ranging from 6.99 to 16.99, but most of the titles I want at the 9.99 or 6.99 price point. I picked up Zodiac, the 2 disc Director's cut for 9.99 at one BB, and Benjamin Button 2 disc Criterion for 6.99 at another. This is not just a one store thing. I've been to several stores in western NC and upstate SC. Oh, and also scored Zombieland for 9.99.

I picked up Shine a Light BD for 6.99 at BB this weekend.

BTW, Zombieland is 9.99 at Borders. I got it for $9 after my Rewards Plus member discount.

rfduncan 01-18-11 08:42 AM

Still nada at my local store. :(

BlockbusterDude 01-18-11 10:03 AM

I still can't believe that Blockbuster has not had any sales on Blu-rays like they do with DVD's. ie. 3 for $20 or 2 for $10.. The Blockbusters near me are over flowing with used Blu-rays, many of which have been on the shelves since October.

JimRochester 01-18-11 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by BlockbusterDude (Post 10595507)
I still can't believe that Blockbuster has not had any sales on Blu-rays like they do with DVD's. ie. 3 for $20 or 2 for $10.. The Blockbusters near me are over flowing with used Blu-rays, many of which have been on the shelves since October.

The problem is they hang around so long, much of the pricing is obsolete. As above; used titles are $9.99 when the same title can be purchased new for the same price. They are relying on an impulse purchase. The problem is that when the person finds new at the same price they'll no longer entertain the PPV's at BB.

jwstl 01-18-11 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by BlockbusterDude (Post 10595507)

There was a post here a few days ago about a 3 for $20 PV BD sale at BB. It's the reason I went to a BB this weekend. There was no 3 for $20 at this location but it doesn't mean it isn't happening elsewhere. I'm going to try another location today.

whotony 01-18-11 11:44 AM

3/20 - 5/20 was over yesterday.

asianxcore 01-18-11 04:05 PM

How much do Blockbuster's BD prices range from store to store? Is it YMMV?

Zodiac was $12.99 at my local store. Hell, the only $6.99 Blu-Ray out of the tons of previously viewed Blu's was Revolutionary Road.

downwardspiral 01-18-11 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by asianxcore (Post 10596164)
How much do Blockbuster's BD prices range from store to store? Is it YMMV?

Zodiac was $12.99 at my local store. Hell, the only $6.99 Blu-Ray out of the tons of previously viewed Blu's was Revolutionary Road.

My location had Zodiac stickered for $12.99, which was a selling price for me and it rang up $9.99.

darkhawk 01-20-11 07:07 AM

I've been to 4 Blockbusters. None of them had Zodiac, which I've been trying to get for a while now. Bought Leatherheads for $6.99.

PGHFlyer 01-20-11 07:25 AM

Mine is closing but I will want $5 or less since I would have to risk scratches, missing inserts, and replace their sorry cases.

AaronSch 01-20-11 07:34 AM

I've been popping into various locations on my days off. Early weedays are the best time to shop. I grab any $6.99 titles I want and then they open them for my inspection. I haven't bought one with scratches and the inserts are all originals attached with a tiny bit of rubber cement to the Blockbuster insert—you just have to peel them off and slip into a Blu-ray case. I've been grabbing some OOP titles as well.

BlockbusterDude 01-20-11 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by downwardspiral (Post 10596366)
My location had Zodiac stickered for $12.99, which was a selling price for me and it rang up $9.99.

That's the other problem... The damn movies have been on the shelves for so long, none of the price stickers are correct. I usually have to take a stack of movies to the front and have them all scanned for price checks.

Blockbuster is not only stupid but they are lazy too.

I worked at Blockbuster 10 years ago and things still haven't changed...

lewisb73 01-20-11 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by PGHFlyer (Post 10598849)
Mine is closing but I will want $5 or less since I would have to risk scratches, missing inserts, and replace their sorry cases.

Since they are blu rays possible scratching wont be as much of an issue... though replacing the crap cases they offer still is

Idioteque... 01-20-11 02:02 PM

Eh used? my experiences with renting discs at BB hasn't been so wondeful and besides that, I hate their cases.

Anything new?

bobwil54 01-20-11 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by PGHFlyer (Post 10598849)

Good luck with that. My closest store closed and on the last day the blurays were still too expensive.

JimRochester 01-20-11 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by bobwil54 (Post 10599819)
Good luck with that. My closest store closed and on the last day the blurays were still too expensive.

I got an OK deal at Christmas. The Proposal which for some unknown reason is still over $20 retail was $9.99. I had an extra case so that was no problem. I asked the clerk to check the disc and it was literally pristine. It made a nice stoicking stuffer for the wifey.

downwardspiral 01-20-11 06:12 PM

Today I got:

Curious Case of Benjamin Button - $6.99
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs - $9.99
Hot Rod - $9.99 (which is OOP)

bobwil54 01-20-11 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by JimRochester (Post 10599861)
I got an OK deal at Christmas. The Proposal which for some unknown reason is still over $20 retail was $9.99. I had an extra case so that was no problem. I asked the clerk to check the disc and it was literally pristine. It made a nice stoicking stuffer for the wifey.

I was talking about the price.

Blu-ray-collect 01-20-11 08:42 PM

I occasionally check out the Blockbuster in my area, but rarely ever buy since I check the prices on Amazon. "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" is $14.99 new at Amazon. I paid the extra $5 for the DVD copy and the case.

I've only bought one used blu-ray (so far) from Blockbuster. It was "Get Smart" for $3.99 (store was closing). It looked practically brand new. Still, first thing I did when returning home was pitch the case it came in, and wiped down the disc and artwork with an anti-bacterial wipe....three times.

x3bowens 01-21-11 04:14 PM

I picked up a few PV Blu's this week from Blockbuster thanks to this thread...the artwork and disc's were in perfect condition. A simple swap out with some BD cases I have at home will make them look so much better!!

Picked up:

The Courious Case Of Benjamin Button 2 Disc $6.99
The Fall $6.99
Burn After Reading $6.99
Zodiac 2 Disc $9.99
No Country for Old Men $9.99

Thinking about getting:
Into the wild

whotony 01-21-11 06:02 PM

I think Into the Wild is oop.

downwardspiral 01-21-11 07:32 PM

Scored another Hot Rod today!

darkhawk 01-22-11 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by whotony (Post 10601479)
I think Into the Wild is oop.

It is. Amazon still has some for $12.99.

I bought the OOP Zodiac for $9.99, The Changeling $6.99 and Food, Inc. $11.00.

DarthVong 01-22-11 08:19 PM

No Zodiac or Hot Rod at my local store.

Did get Let the Right One In for $6.99 though. WOOT