Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Bluray deals at Blockbuster

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-11, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Bluray deals at Blockbuster

Originally Posted by John Galt
Is anyone going by their BBV today? They are supposed to be raising the clearance percentage and I'm wondering how much BDs will be now.
They are now at 25% off BD's. I picked up 500 days of Summer and Hot Fuzz. Got'em for $7.49 ea. I am going to hit a few Blockbusters on the way home that I know are closing.
Old 03-07-11, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 702 Likes on 455 Posts

I wish one of my stores had 500 Days of Summer. I stopped by this afternoon and they were still at 15% though. At 25%, I'll pick up Green Zone and Hurt Locker for $9.75 each.
Old 03-07-11, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by John Galt
Is anyone going by their BBV today? They are supposed to be raising the clearance percentage and I'm wondering how much BDs will be now.
There isn't one specific date that the prices drop. It's different for every store.

I picked up 10 dvds and 2 blu-rays today for $30 total. The blu-rays were 25% off (I think that's the highest they go), but I was able to get both for free by signing up for BBV online.
Old 03-08-11, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My store was 15% off as well. But I was surprised by the number of $6.99 and $9.99 BR they had.
Old 03-08-11, 02:54 PM

Our stores are still at 15% off used Blu-Ray. Employee said that should go up next week. Used DVD at $7.99. Surprised at some of the pricing of used Blu-Ray's. A lot of them are $14.99+. Even with the eventual 25% off that's still a bit too much for many of those titles. Might as well pick them up new. But, there are some good titles to be had at $9.99 and under when 25% off hits. The four stores in my area will be closing early April.
Old 03-10-11, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Novato, CA store is not going out of business but they have a copy of Zodiac if anyone is in the area.

I didn't pick it up only because I already have it on HD-DVD.
Old 03-11-11, 01:01 PM

I got the Get Smart movie (per-viewed) for about $5.

They were also selling those place-cards for 5 for $1. I picked up 25 of them and the lady sold those to me for just $1.

On the DVD side I saw a big display of $3.99 titles, but none of them had cases at all.

As I was walking out I asked if they had any of the Blu-Ray cases and she said no. That about a month ago she came across a box or two in the back and just threw them away.
Old 03-12-11, 11:13 PM

Store in Flemington, NJ is closing on Sunday or Monday. I was in there tonight and the sign said closing in 2 days, so I guess it is Monday. Blu-rays were 25% off sticker price (ranging from $7-&27, yes they had the social network listed as $27 for a previously viewed copy!). I picked up White Ribbon as a blind buy for $10 after tax. They probably have a few hundred titles left, but I was not interested in the ones that were priced well.

The DVDs were all $2.99. I asked why there was such a small discount on the blus as compared to the DVDs and he said it is most likely because the blus will be forwarded as rentals elsewhere. I knew that the discount wouldn't be huge, but 25% right before closing is pretty lame in my opinion. I don't have many titles on my wish list, but if you are looking to build your collection, there is probably a find or two in there (no zodiac or hot rod, FYI).
Old 03-13-11, 12:37 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by coop22
Store in Flemington, NJ is closing on Sunday or Monday. I was in there tonight and the sign said closing in 2 days, so I guess it is Monday. Blu-rays were 25% off sticker price (ranging from $7-&27, yes they had the social network listed as $27 for a previously viewed copy!). I picked up White Ribbon as a blind buy for $10 after tax. They probably have a few hundred titles left, but I was not interested in the ones that were priced well.

The DVDs were all $2.99. I asked why there was such a small discount on the blus as compared to the DVDs and he said it is most likely because the blus will be forwarded as rentals elsewhere. I knew that the discount wouldn't be huge, but 25% right before closing is pretty lame in my opinion. I don't have many titles on my wish list, but if you are looking to build your collection, there is probably a find or two in there (no zodiac or hot rod, FYI).
*snort, mine didn't change from 15% even on closing day... they said it's because the blu's sold fast and anything that didn't sell would go to other stores. why discount something even farther when their is no need is what they said.
Old 03-14-11, 02:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Passed by a store today (16 Mile and Van Dyke) with 15% off BDs and 20% off videogames and left empty-handed. Man, I wish Hollywood Video would come back and go out of business again. I scored a ton of great deals on those sales.
Old 03-14-11, 08:04 AM

**UPDATE -- BLURAYS ALREADY CLAIMED. I will try to acquire more, as i've seen them all over the upstate, and western NC.**
Ok, so I found myself at a Ballbuster in Taylors, SC last night and found a copy of Zodiac and Hot Rod. I decided to go ahead and pick them up and offer them in trade as so many of you guys are on the hunt for them. Anywho, here's my list of Blurays i'm willing to trade for...

Where The Wild Things Are
Boogie Nights
Magnolia
Psycho
AI
Minority Report
JFK (Bluray Book)
North By Northwest (Bluray Book)
King Kong (Bluray Book)
Seven (Bluray Book)

Am willing to trade both for The Red Shoes Criterion.

Last edited by KrazyJason; 03-15-11 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Blurays no longer available
Old 03-15-11, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Passed by a store today (16 Mile and Van Dyke) with 15% off BDs and 20% off videogames and left empty-handed. Man, I wish Hollywood Video would come back and go out of business again. I scored a ton of great deals on those sales.
I agree on HW Video. I bought lots of stuff from them at good prices in their final week. I went into a closing Blockbuster a few weeks ago (with BDs at 15% off) and walked out empty-handed (now had I known that the Ponyo BD sticker was wrong and it was actually $6.99 I probably would've bought that but alas Ponyo was gone once I found out). I just called this store again and they increased all of the discounts to 25% except the BDs which are still at 15% off.

Blockbuster won't have prices anywhere as good because they'd rather send the excess merchandise to stores staying open than sell it too cheap and blow it out like HW Video did. I might go one last time a few days before my Blockbuster closes in April, but I won't make a special trip for it as I expect to walk out empty-handed again.
Old 03-15-11, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Found The Fall at a non-closing store for $6.99.
Old 03-19-11, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

Was going to hang out with a friend today and needed to kill some time while he took care of some stuff, and he suggested a Blockbuster near by that was going out of business. Scored a copy of Zodiac for $8.49! Nothing else really jumped out at me, too bad they won't go any lower than 15% off.
Old 03-22-11, 08:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got a copy of Hot Rod and Zodiac today for $7.99 each. I asked if they had any bluray cases and of course no but was given a couple of PS3 cases.
Old 03-22-11, 09:00 PM

man, I really want Zodiac but no stores here are closing and none have it for sale.
Old 03-22-11, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by bobwil54
Got a copy of Hot Rod and Zodiac today for $7.99 each. I asked if they had any bluray cases and of course no but was given a couple of PS3 cases.
I started using old HD cases and rubbing off the HD with some non-acetone nail-polish remover. The PS3 cases are too fat for my taste and I hate how it creases my inserts.
Old 03-23-11, 11:07 AM

My store went from 15% to 20% on BDs this Monday... not enough of a discount to warrant another trip since it's out of my way (in fact all Blockbusters are out of my normal travel path since they already closed most of them). They have about 3 weeks left (April 10th) and I'm wondering if they'll even hit 25% or 30% or just ship them all to another non-closing store. I'll call them each Monday.
Old 03-23-11, 02:17 PM

And by out of your way you mean a 3-mile round-trip drive, right?
Old 03-24-11, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Superman/Batman Public Enemies - $7.99
Dan in Real life - $5.60

"Public E" is the only DC movie I do not have, fired up to get it for that price.

Love "Dan", slow movie, but in a good way. Love the movie.
Old 03-25-11, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Kory
And by out of your way you mean a 3-mile round-trip drive, right?
No, 3 miles EACH WAY for a 6-mile round trip!!! :-) It's not the distance so much as going through stoplight after stoplight with lots of traffic. I'll make it there again before they close but going from 15% to 20% off isn't enough to make me jump in the car and waste time and gas.
Old 12-29-11, 02:45 AM

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

The Blockbuster I used to work at for 5 1/2 years is now closing. I stopped in there today and got the following BDs for $4.99 each: JFK, The Lovely Bones: 2 Disc Special Edition and Hot Rod (the last one is OOP).

There's another not too far away I plan to hit up tomorrow and see what I can get.
Old 01-17-12, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I haven't been to a BB store in years, but stopped in one last night. They were doing a 3/$24.99 or 5/$39.99 on all new BDs $19.99 or less. Had a decent selection of stuff, but unfortunately none of the Avatar 3-disc set. I did get:

Red: Special Edition
Clash of the Titans 2010
Unstoppable
The Fighter
Robin Hood 2010
Old 01-19-12, 05:01 AM

At one closing store, I bought True Blood Complete S1 and the French animated The Illusionist. Going to go back Friday and buy TB Complete S2, if they still have any.
Old 01-19-12, 05:17 AM

There is more discussion of the current sales and the stores closing in the other thread.

The thread is titled "Blockbuster 5 for $20 Sale (Previously Viewed)" although that is not the current deal. The current sale is listed in the first post of that thread.

It is probably time for a new thread to be created. As I probably won't last much longer watching the forums (I tend to take long periods away from watching bargain forums), I am not a good one to create it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.