Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Target Media Prices (January 23 - January 29, 2011)

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Target Media Prices (January 23 - January 29, 2011)

Old 01-23-11, 06:22 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Target Media Prices (January 23 - January 29, 2011)

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
You're assuming that the $17.99 one at BB is the Special Edition... The consensus at blu-ray.com is that it is the standard BD. BB.com currently shows the regular BD at 17.99, and the SE at 29.99...

BTW, they have a review of the SE up already:
1- consensus? of a bunch of ill informed format sheep who buy because of the color of the case, not because of the quality of the movie? a bunch of greedy shits looking to score on the cheap? not exactly a reliable source, since most of their users are bloody morons on a good day.

2- who cares about their review? i'm sure the site you're on right now will have one (or two!) up shortly. why whore them traffic?
Old 01-23-11, 08:47 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by n8boss87
1- consensus? of a bunch of ill informed format sheep who buy because of the color of the case, not because of the quality of the movie? a bunch of greedy shits looking to score on the cheap? not exactly a reliable source, since most of their users are bloody morons on a good day.

2- who cares about their review? i'm sure the site you're on right now will have one (or two!) up shortly. why whore them traffic?
Just because you're posting anonymously on a message board doesn't mean you have to come off as such an ass.
Old 01-23-11, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
heres hopeing that amazon will price match Red for 13.99(and I am sure they will)
I second that. Very nice price.
Old 01-23-11, 10:47 PM

Exactly, no need to come off sounding like such a douchebag
Old 01-23-11, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Bitter much? DVDtalk does have a review up now, but it was reviewed 3 days AFTER the one I posted. I couldn't have cared less what website had the review. My point was that a review was available for those who were on the fence about this movie and wanted to read it. I always look for reviews here first, but there wasn't one, so I looked elsewhere. You really need to chill, or you'll get banned here just like you obviously were on blu-ray.com...
Old 01-24-11, 01:41 PM
Banned

Bitter much? DVDtalk does have a review up now, but it was reviewed 3 days AFTER the one I posted. I couldn't have cared less what website had the review. My point was that a review was available for those who were on the fence about this movie and wanted to read it. I always look for reviews here first, but there wasn't one, so I looked elsewhere. You really need to chill, or you'll get banned here just like you obviously were on blu-ray.com...
actually, i wasn't banned. i do have a mod with an agenda on my ass because of the fact that i work for a competitor site, though, so it is surely an eventuality more than a possibility. there's more than meets the eye to all things, pally. much more.

and i won't apologize for saying that credible sites like this one don't need sites that LACK credibility shilled, giving them the views, possible affiliate clickthroughs, and attention. like the simpsons treehouse of horror episode, with the advertising slogans gone amuck, if we just ignore the monsters, they may just go away.
Old 01-26-11, 07:38 AM

I got the Red Special Edition Blu-ray for $13.00 + tax at Target. I disputed using the flier and ultimately won, after arguing with a cashier, a manager, and a sales person. It took about 10 minutes. I am very happy with this item.
Old 01-26-11, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Andras
I got the Red Special Edition Blu-ray for $13.00 + tax at Target. I disputed using the flier and ultimately won, after arguing with a cashier, a manager, and a sales person. It took about 10 minutes. I am very happy with this item.
You probably would have had an easier time price matching the SE at BB for that price, which also gives you the DVD, comic book, and Drive Angry movie cash. That's what several of us have done without issue...
Old 01-26-11, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

You probably would have had an easier time price matching the SE at BB for that price, which also gives you the DVD, comic book, and Drive Angry movie cash. That's what several of us have done without issue...
Good suggestion for most people, but I didn't even try BB (BD) because, as most people know, I don't normally have good luck getting them to do much of anything, especially a PM of a different edition or using a coupon. At my stores that's an almost guaranteed deny as they scrutinize every word with a magnifying glass hoping and praying for any reason to deny. I found it much easier to sacrifice a DVD I'd probably never watch (having the BD), a comic book I'd probably never read, and movie cash to a movie I've never heard of and instead get the SE BD at Walmart next door for $13. I had no problems at Walmart and the employee barely even glanced at the Target ad. That saved me an extra 10 mile round trip with the most likely result getting denied and having wasted time and gas. And I watched it last night and thought it was decent.
Old 01-26-11, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by adrenaline78
The ad clearly states the SE Blu is 22.99, and you knew that going in. I hope you feel good about making someones job a little less enjoyable for the day.
I agree with your first statement, but I have to say that I don't think it clearly states the SE Blu is 22.99. It says the Deluxe one is 22.99 and that the SE is 13.99 either Blu or DVD.
Old 01-26-11, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Worms
I agree with your first statement, but I have to say that I don't think it clearly states the SE Blu is 22.99. It says the Deluxe one is 22.99 and that the SE is 13.99 either Blu or DVD.
sorry.. yes.. the deluxe witch is the only other option to the "movie only" blu. It is the SE on the shelf.

The dvd was only released as the SE. There should be no confusion here.

The only thing I will back down on is if the store put the $13 sale sign over the SE blu. Then it's the store's fault and they should honor that mistake.

However since it took 10 minutes to dispute.. then i'm sure the item was signed correctly.
Old 01-26-11, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got shot down at BB, with the Customer Service rep saying they would not pricematch since it was a BB Exclusive.

Originally Posted by Manzana
Good suggestion for most people, but I didn't even try BB (BD) because, as most people know, I don't normally have good luck getting them to do much of anything, especially a PM of a different edition or using a coupon. At my stores that's an almost guaranteed deny as they scrutinize every word with a magnifying glass hoping and praying for any reason to deny. I found it much easier to sacrifice a DVD I'd probably never watch (having the BD), a comic book I'd probably never read, and movie cash to a movie I've never heard of and instead get the SE BD at Walmart next door for $13. I had no problems at Walmart and the employee barely even glanced at the Target ad. That saved me an extra 10 mile round trip with the most likely result getting denied and having wasted time and gas. And I watched it last night and thought it was decent.
Walmart pricematch was one of the easiest ever.
Old 01-28-11, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by flix1
I got shot down at BB, with the Customer Service rep saying they would not pricematch since it was a BB Exclusive.

Walmart pricematch was one of the easiest ever.
Exactly as I would expect which is why I did my PM at Walmart too and didn't even try BB.
Old 01-28-11, 04:09 PM

Exactly as I would expect which is why I did my PM at Walmart too and didn't even try BB.
No post with 4 uses of the quip, 'Best Deny'?

Edit: Didn't see the posts a few up, instead opting for the repeated use of the word 'deny'.

Last edited by StephenX; 01-28-11 at 04:16 PM.
Old 01-28-11, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by StephenX
No post with 4 uses of the quip, 'Best Deny'?

Edit: Didn't see the posts a few up, instead opting for the repeated use of the word 'deny'.
Isn't that an improvement? Several others (including you I think) have complained enough times about my usage of "Best Deny" that I know every time I use that phrase I'll get a negative comment from someone, and I'm as annoyed reading those comments as some others are annoyed reading my (accurate for me) pet name for them. So I'll try to stop calling them "Best Deny" and use BB instead when referring to them (though it could be confused with Blockbuster). However, I'm not going to stop using the word deny when talking about BB if that's what happened there. That would be like trying to talk about Wall Street without using the words greed or money. I keep saying that every store is different, and I bet in other parts of the country BB is wonderful and I'd love them, but my BB stores are lousy (in my opinion).
Old 01-29-11, 12:37 AM

Isn't that an improvement? Several others (including you I think) have complained enough times about my usage of "Best Deny" that I know every time I use that phrase I'll get a negative comment from someone, and I'm as annoyed reading those comments as some others are annoyed reading my (accurate for me) pet name for them. So I'll try to stop calling them "Best Deny" and use BB instead when referring to them (though it could be confused with Blockbuster). However, I'm not going to stop using the word deny when talking about BB if that's what happened there. That would be like trying to talk about Wall Street without using the words greed or money. I keep saying that every store is different, and I bet in other parts of the country BB is wonderful and I'd love them, but my BB stores are lousy (in my opinion).
Fair enough. I, for one, appreciate the effort. Sorry to hear about your bad experiences, the chain itself is kind of hit-or-miss. I've got one nearby that is great, and one not so great.
Old 01-29-11, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Most objective Manzana Best Buy post.....EVER.