Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Star Wars The Complete Saga Blu-Ray for $89.99 @ Amazon

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-11, 04:51 PM

Received 803 Likes on 523 Posts
Re: Star Wars The Complete Saga Blu-Ray for $89.99 @ Amazon

I ordered mine on the 10th and got it about two hours ago. I am a Prime Member.
Old 09-17-11, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL people don't need to order anything with Prime if they live by a distribution center.

Since we have one here in town, I got mine this morning no problems.
Old 09-18-11, 05:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going to have to remember to not buy something on Amazon if I want to have it early on release day. I'm a Prime member and I had release date delivery, so Amazon shipped the saga out LATE Thursday night.

It went out for delivery at 7AM, but I didn't get it until 6:45PM. I'm guessing that the UPS guy was really busy, but that's pretty ridiculous if he was actually out driving for 12 hours... I guess they probably do that all the time during the holidays, but I didn't think that Star Wars Blu-ray day would be a similar case. Ended up getting it for roughly $65 though, so I guess that was the tradeoff.

I've checked out Phantom Menace and I'm about 2/3 through Clones now... I'm definitely impressed thus far. Digital Yoda wins over creepy original Episode 1 puppet hands down, but some of his "acting" is a little *meh*. It seems like they might've not taken a lot of extra time to animate him over the puppet. I just can't wait to get through the OT in the coming days, superfluous changes be damned!!
Old 09-18-11, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since I get home around 4, with my wife and baby home around 4:30 so we can have dinner... by the time the UPS guy shows up at 5:30, I consider it to be perfect timing. Better than my stuff sitting outside all day
Old 09-18-11, 09:53 PM

Yeah, but the thing for me is that I work overnight, so I kinda wanted to at least get through Phantom Menace before I went to work Friday night. I only ended up watching about 40 minutes of it on Friday since I was up most of the day hoping it would show up by 3 or 4.

I was sleeping when the UPS guy woke me up since I had written it off and was thinking that I might have gotten a further discount from Amazon for the inconvenience. I'm glad I actually got it on Friday, though. I don't know what I would have done if I didn't have a chance of getting it until Monday!
Old 09-19-11, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by mzupeman2
Better than my stuff sitting outside all day
I had an HP Touchpad "delivered" - and by that I mean, "dumped on the front porch of my apartment without a signature" - last Friday at 11:45 am. Unfortunately, I had after-work plans and didn't get home until 10:30 pm and in the meantime, it appears to have evolved legs and wandered off. (Ahem.) I'm sure the savages who felt entitled to help themselves to my stuff are wondering WTF to do with it and why it doesn't have iTunes. I called FedEx and Krishna Rajneesh, I mean "George", said that it had been delivered and seem to think that was the end of the discussion. Bother.
Old 09-19-11, 10:21 AM
Suspended

Still sitting here for my set. Prime at its best. What a fucking joke. Then to top it off, its coming from Prestige, so who knows when the fuck I'll get it. Maybe its been on its way and the ghetto dwellers rust bucket has broke down. Fucking company dont even have a fucking van or truck.
Old 09-19-11, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by larrythefatcat
It went out for delivery at 7AM, but I didn't get it until 6:45PM. I'm guessing that the UPS guy was really busy, but that's pretty ridiculous if he was actually out driving for 12 hours... I guess they probably do that all the time during the holidays, but I didn't think that Star Wars Blu-ray day would be a similar case. Ended up getting it for roughly $65 though, so I guess that was the tradeoff.
They do actually drive around all day delivering mail to other people. Depending where you are on the route, you get mail at different times. It's not like the type of shipping they use has a time deadline they have to meet.

My stuff comes between 3-6.