Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Best Buy Media Prices (January 9 - January 15)

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Best Buy Media Prices (January 9 - January 15)

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-11, 09:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Inception 1-Disc Version??

Does anyone know what we lose from buying the Inception 1-disc vs. 2-disc? Do we lose the special features or just the digital and DVD copies?

I can only find details on the 2-disc version:

Disc 1
  • Movie
  • Extraction Mode: Infiltrate the movie's imaginative landscape to learn how Christopher Nolan, Leonardo DiCaprio, and the cast and crew designed and achieved the film's signature moments
Disc 2
  • Dreams: Cinema of the Subconscious: Can the dream world be a fully functional parallel reality? Joseph Gordon-Levitt and leading scientists take you to the cutting edge of dream research
  • Inception: The Cobol Job: Comic prologue in full animation and motion: see the events that led to the beginning of the movie
  • 5.1 soundtrack selections from Hans Zimmer's versatile score
  • Conceptual art, promotional art, and trailer/TV spot galleries
  • Via BD-Live: Project Somnacin--Confidential Files: Access highly secure files that reveal the inception of the dream-share technology

Last edited by BlockbusterDude; 01-10-11 at 09:17 AM.
Old 01-10-11, 11:11 AM

Re: Inception 1-Disc Version??

Originally Posted by BlockbusterDude
Does anyone know what we lose from buying the Inception 1-disc vs. 2-disc? Do we lose the special features or just the digital and DVD copies?
I've been trying to figure out the same thing. The only editions I can find for Inception (other than exclusives) are the blu-ray and the blu-ray combo. On BB's website, all I see is the combo, the BB exclusive and the one that's $14.99. It doesn't say 1-disc or 2-disc. But it has the same artwork as the 2-disc listed elsewhere. Amazon shows the 2-disc and one that they don't have in stock. I'm thinking that may be the 1-disc. But since it's OOS, I guess they won't be pricematching BB. But they also don't list a combo pack. Walmart lists a 2-disc for $21.96, but they show a picture of the combo pack. I'm not sure if that's an error or not. So I kept thinking the 2-disc is the combo pack (with the DC not being counted or exlcluded). So is there a 2-disc blu-ray that has all the special features and a 1-disc with the movie only?
Old 01-10-11, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (January 9 - January 15)

I bought:

Waterworld / U-571
Kelly's Heroes / Where Eagles Dare
Bloodsport / Timecop
Practical Magic / The Witches of Eastwick
Old 01-10-11, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
The website is still up and running, so I was thinking about submitting a few more. Apparently the offer has been extended...
Apparently. I just printed off both Monsters, Inc. and A Bug's Life, both of which expire in February. Target has those two titles for $20 this week (among many other Disney BDs -- those are just the two that I'm missing from my collection).

TLK
Old 01-10-11, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Was able to pricematch The Town at Target with no issues.
Old 01-10-11, 10:31 PM

Re: Inception 1-Disc Version??

Originally Posted by obidawsn
I've been trying to figure out the same thing. The only editions I can find for Inception (other than exclusives) are the blu-ray and the blu-ray combo. On BB's website, all I see is the combo, the BB exclusive and the one that's $14.99. It doesn't say 1-disc or 2-disc. But it has the same artwork as the 2-disc listed elsewhere. Amazon shows the 2-disc and one that they don't have in stock. I'm thinking that may be the 1-disc. But since it's OOS, I guess they won't be pricematching BB. But they also don't list a combo pack. Walmart lists a 2-disc for $21.96, but they show a picture of the combo pack. I'm not sure if that's an error or not. So I kept thinking the 2-disc is the combo pack (with the DC not being counted or exlcluded). So is there a 2-disc blu-ray that has all the special features and a 1-disc with the movie only?
the 2 disc has a special edition disc. The 3rd disc is a dvd/digital copy. You're losing out on features if you go with single disc.
Old 01-11-11, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by dakabooka
fssfsfsfsfsfsfs
Someone turn this fool off.
Old 01-11-11, 11:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is BB not the not worst store ever? There the most unfriendliest people and can all go to hell. I tried to buy V and of course all they had left was the steelbooks but wouldn't change the price. They wouldn't pricematch Targets price for Machete and Piranha. Finally they wouldn't accept the $5 off coupon that I got with RE Afterlife for the Other Guys. I had a few others, was up around $150 and told the cashier to piss off and I'll never come back in your shitty store again. Hopefully Target doesn't give me a problem with the coupon or pricematching the Other Guys and Social Network.
Old 01-11-11, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by bobwil54
Is BB not the not worst store ever? There the most unfriendliest people and can all go to hell. I tried to buy V and of course all they had left was the steelbooks but wouldn't change the price. They wouldn't pricematch Targets price for Machete and Piranha. Finally they wouldn't accept the $5 off coupon that I got with RE Afterlife for the Other Guys. I had a few others, was up around $150 and told the cashier to piss off and I'll never come back in your shitty store again. Hopefully Target doesn't give me a problem with the coupon or pricematching the Other Guys and Social Network.
They aren't going to give you a higher priced steelbook package for a lower price just because they are out of stock on the lower priced set. You are wrong.

IF they have exclusive editions of Machete or Piranha (I don't know if they do or not) they should not pricematch another stores price on the regular set for their special edition or exclusive set.

They definitely should have accepted the manufacturer's $5 coupon.
Old 01-11-11, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

some Best Buy employees (or stores - can't quantify) will not take manufacturer's coupons on sale items.
Old 01-12-11, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by darkhawk
I bought:

Waterworld / U-571
Kelly's Heroes / Where Eagles Dare
Bloodsport / Timecop
Practical Magic / The Witches of Eastwick
I bought 3 of those 2-packs today as well. I was hoping the 10% off coupon would work, but it didn't. The cashier did scan it, but no dice. I know they aren't supposed to work on sale items, but sometimes they DO work, if you can get the cashier to scan the coupon...
Old 01-12-11, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by b2net
some Best Buy employees (or stores - can't quantify) will not take manufacturer's coupons on sale items.
Yep. It's ridiculous practice, but it's true... I'll never understand their logic. They get reimbursed for the coupon, so what's the big deal? Target rarely turns down a coupon. Heck, they accept EXPIRED coupons without issue (as long as it scans)...
Old 01-12-11, 04:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It went to Target today, got everything minus V, no problem with price matching and using the $5 off coupon. So I'll just start going to Target and F Best Buy. I'll never go there again, no matter how good a price is.
Old 01-13-11, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Went a little overboard with the $12.99 2-packs:

Waterworld / U-571
Tommy Boy / Black Sheep
Wayne's World 1 / 2
Donnie Brasco / Arlington Road
Tomb Raider / Aeon Flux
Funny Farm / Spies Like Us (Double Feature)
Across the Universe / The Other Boleyn Girl
Coming to America / Trading Places
Doom / Hulk
Old 01-14-11, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Megalion

And if you don't have your old receipt handy, they might be able to pull it up on your rewards card. I'm forever returning without actual receipt in hand but then again I run most purchases thru the store card so maybe that's how they're finding "receipts"
I have always had a problem with that. Buy using your rewards (having one). You have given them the right to sell your info. Best Buy is known for doing this.
Old 01-15-11, 03:59 PM

Just picked up Mel Brooks' History of the World, Part 1 at BB for $10.99. It's $22.49 at Amazon.