Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

3D BLU RAY PANASONIC DMP-BDT100 + 3D AVATAR MIR BONUS at $158 at AMAZON

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-11, 04:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: 3D BLU RAY PANASONIC DMP-BDT100 + 3D AVATAR MIR BONUS at $158 at AMAZON

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
wow a sunday delivery had no idea that any of the carriers amazon uses deliverd on sunday's very cool indeed
They don't, I just misspoke. They delivered it to my office on Friday, but I didn't bring it home until yesterday. So, no, they aren't THAT good
Old 02-01-11, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Got my Avatar 3D Blu ray in the mail today. Thanks OP. I believe I mailed on 1/5/11, so less than 4 weeks to get my rebate.

I just looked at the Avatar 3D prices on Ebay. The prices are insane. I could easliy recoup nearly all that I spent on the player.

Last edited by Subgeniusguy; 02-01-11 at 01:56 PM.
Old 02-01-11, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Subgeniusguy
Got my Avatar 3D Blu ray in the mail today. Thanks OP. I believe I mailed on 1/5/11, so less than 4 weeks to get my rebate.

I just looked at the Avatar 3D prices on Ebay. The prices are insane. I could easliy recoup nearly all that I spent on the player.
Good to know. I sent it in on the same day and up until yesterday it was not even in their system (at least according to their website). But today their website shows that my info was entered into their system last week.
Old 02-01-11, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by basketb
Good to know. I sent it in on the same day and up until yesterday it was not even in their system (at least according to their website). But today their website shows that my info was entered into their system last week.
Sweet! When I checked last week, I wasn't in there yet, but it now shows January 27th I was entered!
I was worried that I sent in the wrong UPC. The box has two UPC's, one on the top, and one on the side by the serial number... I sent in the one from the top of the box... Perhaps it doesn't matter...

I had no intention of selling my Avatar, but after seeing how much they are selling for, screw it. It will be sold... I found out the Avatar 3-disc has two scenes in 3D as an Easter egg. That will have to suffice... I've been interested in acquiring the 3D Shrek collection. I could get those 4 movies with my Avatar sale, plus have some money leftover...

Last edited by kenbenobi; 02-01-11 at 07:10 PM.
Old 02-01-11, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Sweet! When I checked last week, I wasn't in there yet, but it now shows January 27th I was entered!
I was worried that I sent in the wrong UPC. The box has two UPC's, one on the top, and one on the side by the serial number... I sent in the one from the top of the box... Perhaps it doesn't matter...

I had no intention of selling my Avatar, but after seeing how much they are selling for, screw it. It will be sold... I found out the Avatar 3-disc has two scenes in 3D as an Easter egg. That will have to suffice... I've been interested in acquiring the 3D Shrek collection. I could get those 4 movies with my Avatar sale, plus have some money leftover...
Apparently, it doesn't matter which UPC code you send, as I had sent the other one (the one that says UPC next to it ).
BTW, if you have a Panasonic TV and need a couple of 3D glasses, the Avatar starter kit is currently only $240 at amazon (you could probably also sell the glasses on ebay and have Avatar reasonably cheap).
Old 02-07-11, 11:05 PM

Got mine today. All in all, it took a little over a month to get here. Not too bad (unless you compare it to the Samsung mail-in offer for Shrek 4, which only took nine days).
Old 03-08-11, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So I was just checking on my Avatar disc rebate status and according to them I'm past the mail-in date. How does that happen when the sheet I have says "purchase between Jan. 2nd and Mar. 26th and postmarked no later than April 9th" and they entered it into their system yesterday?

Old 03-08-11, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisHicks
So I was just checking on my Avatar disc rebate status and according to them I'm past the mail-in date. How does that happen when the sheet I have says "purchase between Jan. 2nd and Mar. 26th and postmarked no later than April 9th" and they entered it into their system yesterday?

Because Panasonic sucks at rebates. I feel screwed over by them too. I hate rebates. It's seems too easy for corporations to find a reason to not to honor what they promise.
With that, try contacting them. Sometimes simply calling them on it gets you the rebate and, sometimes, it's an honest mistake.