Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Bruce Springsteen The Promise 3CD/3BR set & Alien Anthology for $52.50ea + tax at bn

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Bruce Springsteen The Promise 3CD/3BR set & Alien Anthology for $52.50ea + tax at bn

Old 12-30-10, 02:20 PM
GCS
DVD Talk Special Edition

Goes with the 25% off coupon code when you use a Mastercard

Good one time only and only on one item as far as I know.

Coupon code is E4A4D3W

Springsteen set here http://music.barnesandnoble.com/The-...RI=the+promise

$69.99 before discount

Alien Anthology set here http://video.barnesandnoble.com/DVD/...lien+anthology

$69.99 before discount

Free Shipping but add your local tax

Greg
Old 12-30-10, 02:29 PM

Re: Bruce Springsteen The Promise 3CD/3BR set & Alien Anthology for $52.50ea + tax at

Wow, great find on the Springsteen set! Thanks!!
Old 12-30-10, 03:09 PM
Cool New Member

Re: Bruce Springsteen The Promise 3CD/3BR set & Alien Anthology for $52.50ea + tax at

Does BN have the same price in store? I wanna to use the coupon in the store.
Old 12-30-10, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by syetangpogiko View Post
Does BN have the same price in store? I wanna to use the coupon in the store.
I highly doubt it. Most of their online sales are not in-store... The exceptions are the big advertised sales like Criterion and the recent BBC sale. However, you can go to the store and place a "ship to home" order at the online price, and still use the coupon. You will NOT get the membership discount on ship to home orders, however, if that's what your intention is. You're better off placing the order online where you can get cashback (currently 8% at e bates)
Old 12-30-10, 04:49 PM

I have been looking high and low for a deal on the Springsteen set. Thank you OP. Thank you. Just ordered and I can now enter the New Year, blu-ray complete.
Old 12-30-10, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Damn. Don't have a mastercard.
Old 12-30-10, 08:27 PM
GCS
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd View Post
Damn. Don't have a mastercard.
Purchase a BN gift card as supposedly the discount works if you pay via BN gift card also.

Disclaimer -- I CANNOT GUARANTEE THIS so DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Maybe buy a GC for $5 and try the ordering process. It will give you an error before final checkout if it won't accept it.

Greg
Old 12-30-10, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GCS View Post
Purchase a BN gift card as supposedly the discount works if you pay via BN gift card also.

Disclaimer -- I CANNOT GUARANTEE THIS so DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Maybe buy a GC for $5 and try the ordering process. It will give you an error before final checkout if it won't accept it.

Greg
No, you're only half-right. You MUST have a Mastercard as your default payment method. Then you can pay with a GC. You don't have to USE the MC, but you have to have one.
Old 01-08-11, 12:18 AM

Anyone get the Springsteen set yet in the mail? I ordered on 12/30 and it was supposed to ship next day but i got an email on 1/1 which said it will ship in 1-5 days. Sadly it still hasn't shipped and its back up to $100 plus on the site.
Old 01-08-11, 02:16 PM

same story here,
still waiting with fingers crossed it doesn't cancel
Old 01-08-11, 04:07 PM
Cool New Member

I ordered the Springsteen set on a member account on 12/31 and received it on 1/4. However, I ordered another CD box set on a non-member account on 12/31 and as of yesterday, the BN website was still showing it had not shipped even though it was shown as expected to ship on 1/3. I called BN and the CS rep I talked to said they were behind on their paperwork, and that it had been shipped and was scheduled for delivery on Monday. She even gave me the UPS tracking number.
Old 01-08-11, 08:53 PM

I ordered the Springsteen set on Dec 31, and it arrived on Jan 5. Funny thing is, the B&N website didn't show it as shipped until after it got here. They say it shipped on the 7th, though when you click on the tracking # you get the accurate dates. Also, they didn't charge me until the 7th... two days after I had it.

BIG thanks to GCS for pointing out this deal. I don't have a Mastercard, so didn't get it as low as everyone else, but got it at $63.06 shipped, and will get a few bucks back by using BoA's "Add It Up".

This is a really cool set, and well worth it.

Last edited by matt3846; 01-08-11 at 09:26 PM.
Old 01-10-11, 11:57 AM

Thanks for updates. I finally got a shipping email yesterday on my Bruce set and when i checked the tracking it looks like the package went out of the 5th. Can't wait to get it. Thanks for the tip!
Old 01-11-11, 01:15 AM

Springsteen Blu set received today!
Many thanks to the OP for the tip on a great set at a great price!
Old 01-11-11, 09:23 AM
GCS
DVD Talk Special Edition

Happy to help everyone. I get a lot from this site so I am always happy to give back when and where I can.
Old 01-11-11, 08:46 PM

Thanks GCS. I also ordered on Dec 30, and it arrived today. After reading from others that it arrived unannounced on their doorstep, I was able to relax. Like the others, the B&N website did not show this as shipping.

This was the last Blu Ray DVD on my must have list for 2010, and the price was definitely right. Many thanks all.
Old 01-11-11, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Got mine today! Will listen to it on my upcoming 3-day weekend.