Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

$5 off coupon for Dinner For Schmucks

Old 12-28-10, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

$5 off coupon for Dinner For Schmucks

In the most recent TV Guide there was a manufacturers coupon for The Dvd or Blu-ray of Dinner For Schmucks.
Not sure how much the news-stand price is and if it's worth buying just for the coupon.
Old 01-02-11, 12:37 PM

Re: $5 off coupon for Dinner For Schmucks

I didnt see one with the small tv guide insert that comes in the weekly sunday paper.. does anyone have a copy of the coupon maybe???
Old 01-02-11, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Toddarino View Post
In the most recent TV Guide there was a manufacturers coupon for The Dvd or Blu-ray of Dinner For Schmucks.
Not sure how much the news-stand price is and if it's worth buying just for the coupon.
What is the date of the TV Guide? Who's on the cover?

thanks.
Old 01-02-11, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by cebb View Post
I didnt see one with the small tv guide insert that comes in the weekly sunday paper.. does anyone have a copy of the coupon maybe???
I assume he's not talking about anyone's sunday paper tv guide...but the weekly publication purchased where magazines are sold called "TV Guide"
Old 01-02-11, 11:33 PM

can anyone post a scan?
Old 01-02-11, 11:58 PM

I can post a scan tomorrow. I tore one out of TV Guide at the supermarket checkout w/ all the other rag magazines. I have absolutely no fear of the security force at Shop*Rite here in NJ. I will scan on Monday AM. If you are desperate for an actual one, I am willing to go back to the market and tear out a few more and will gladly snail mail them gratis. My New Years resolution was to take more risks. This is a good start....and I doubt I will do any time in the clink for this. God I feel alive!! Happy New Year to everybody on the boards!!

--Marvin Dorfler
Old 01-03-11, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Marvin Dorfler View Post
I can post a scan tomorrow. I tore one out of TV Guide at the supermarket checkout w/ all the other rag magazines. I have absolutely no fear of the security force at Shop*Rite here in NJ. I will scan on Monday AM. If you are desperate for an actual one, I am willing to go back to the market and tear out a few more and will gladly snail mail them gratis. My New Years resolution was to take more risks. This is a good start....and I doubt I will do any time in the clink for this. God I feel alive!! Happy New Year to everybody on the boards!!

--Marvin Dorfler
pleeeeease!
Old 01-04-11, 01:25 PM

The Best Buy I went to today wouldn't take the coupon, saying "it's already on sale."
Old 01-04-11, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by erlong View Post
The Best Buy I went to today wouldn't take the coupon, saying "it's already on sale."
Hopefully you asked for a manager. They cannot refuse you a legitimate coupon, if their policy states that they will accept them.

I HATE fucking cashiers that get their thrill in life off of trying to deny people.
Old 01-04-11, 04:13 PM

i'm supposedly not allowed to type in URLs so i am typing it out this way:

paramount dot com/PHE/newsletter/dfs/

do it to it, folks!
Old 01-04-11, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Yeah, I posted it in the thread in DVD Bargains, forgot to link it in this one though. Props for trying to help.

http://www.paramount.com/PHE/newsletter/dfs/

And yeah, you can't link things on this site until you have a certain amount of posts.
Old 01-04-11, 10:06 PM

Sorry for the delay folks....

--Marvin Dorfler
Old 01-05-11, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by erlong View Post
A very typical excuse from Best Deny. I haven't seen the coupon but I assume it's a generic manufactuerer's one. If the sale price is in Best Deny's ad, pricematch it at Target and use the coupon there. I've rarely had trouble doing that, whereas using ANY coupon whatsoever at Best Deny on anything that is not at full (non-sale) price is very likely to get denied.
Old 01-05-11, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What best buy maybe using is the excuse that they are offering a $5 gift card with the purchase....but that still shouldn't stop them from taking a paramount coupon...I'm assuming they will get reimbursed from the studio. I can imagine there is the cost to recoup the $5, but still it's part of doing business.
Old 01-05-11, 02:39 PM

I have never heard of a Manufacturer's Coupon being denied at Best Buy. And I have matched circulars from stores that are not even in this area. I will have to bring mine in some time this week. Was it a $5 Gift Card for DINNER FOR SCHMUCKS & MACHETE?

--Dorfler
Old 01-05-11, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Marvin Dorfler View Post
I have never heard of a Manufacturer's Coupon being denied at Best Buy. And I have matched circulars from stores that are not even in this area. I will have to bring mine in some time this week. Was it a $5 Gift Card for DINNER FOR SCHMUCKS & MACHETE?

--Dorfler
The $5 Best Buy Gift Card was only for Dinner for Schmucks.
Old 01-05-11, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Manzana View Post
A very typical excuse from Best Deny. I haven't seen the coupon but I assume it's a generic manufactuerer's one. If the sale price is in Best Deny's ad, pricematch it at Target and use the coupon there. I've rarely had trouble doing that, whereas using ANY coupon whatsoever at Best Deny on anything that is not at full (non-sale) price is very likely to get denied.
No offense man, but wow you are bitter towards them. Its almost as if you search for their name so you can use you patented term. I don't think you've missed a best buy post in months :P
Old 01-05-11, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Damn already picked this up and didn't see the thread beforehand.
Old 01-05-11, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Mike86 View Post
Damn already picked this up and didn't see the thread beforehand.
If you've already opened it, buy it again with the coupon and return it with the old receipt.
Old 01-06-11, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by glassdragon View Post
No offense man, but wow you are bitter towards them. Its almost as if you search for their name so you can use you patented term. I don't think you've missed a best buy post in months :P
Understatement of the year...
Old 01-06-11, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by glassdragon View Post
I was going to say the same, Manzana. The whole "Best Deny" thing isn't funny, and it's gotten reeeaaallly old. It's really obvious when you drop in on any post and use your cute little term three or four times just to see it. Other members are obviously seeing it, and its really childish and annoying.
Old 01-07-11, 02:26 PM

Just got back from BEST BUY using the TARGET ad to buy both DINNER FOR SCHMUCKS & MACHETE. Went to the usual customer service desk I've been going to for years. Both BD's were "on sale" this week for $25.99 plus if purchased together you get a $5 Gift Card. TARGET had them advertised for $22 apiece. First she scanned two separate $5 RZ coupon printouts I had accrued, then scanned the MFG coupon from TV Guide.

All tolled, it came to $31.38 for both movies and w/out asking (I didn't even realize the deal) she handed me the $5 Gift Card--which someone if they wanted to be a jerk could easily have not given me. So I'm pretty happy w/ BB today. But even without today's good experience, they have always been good with price-matching, returns, etc. I totally think that b/c of their customer service they put CIRCUIT CITY out of business; that was the most disorganized store I had ever seen in any city I visited one. BB's customer service is above and beyond ninety percent of the time and there is always somebody around to answer questions--even if they are just high school or college kids...

--Marvin Dorfler
Old 01-07-11, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Dinner for Schmucks and Anchor Man is on sale at Best Buy. You get a $5 GC and ten bucks off the purchase of both, for a total of around $35.98 + the $5 GC + free shipping.

Dinner for Schmucks + $5 GC:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....at229000050005

Anchor Man:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....at229000050006