Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Back To The Future Trilogy 13.99 Best Buy!!! YMMV

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-10, 10:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Back To The Future Trilogy 13.99 Best Buy!!! YMMV

Originally Posted by bsmith
I looked online at bestbuy.com and it has the normal price up. However, I also noticed something else. There is something called "Jodeci: Back to the Future: The Very Best of Jodeci" that sells for $13.99. My guess is that at the OP's store someone mislabeled the set as this instead. Since it rang up with "back to the Future" in the title that cashier accepted it.
It looks like a manual price adjustment at the cash register.

The OP brings the item to the register, it scans at the correct BTTF regular price. OP then states it should be $13.99. Maybe cashier does a lookup and finds the "Jodeci: Back to the Future: The Very Best of Jodeci", shrugs and says ok and overrides the price to $13.99.

Notice there is no RZ card used in the transaction. Also it says 41.00 Disc. kinda strange. If it were on sale, it would say "Sale Disc".

I believe this was a manual price override. Good Luck for anyone who tries to do this....
Old 12-28-10, 11:05 AM

I picked up "The A Team" on Sunday at Best Buy. It was on sale for $12.99, and is regularly priced at $29.99. My receipt says "17.00 Sale Disc". So, if this BTTF blu-ray set was on sale, it ought to say "Sale Disc". But, again, maybe it is a difference in stores. IDK.

Someone probably goofed up the SKU's, as others have mentioned, and this is an isolated incident at this particular store.

(Sorry, posted this before I saw DeepSleep's response).

Last edited by Blu-ray-collect; 12-28-10 at 11:15 AM.
Old 12-28-10, 11:13 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts

$13.99 for Jodeci?! I'm there!

Thanks OP!

Old 12-28-10, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

54.99 in store and 38.99 online are my findings... funny thing is when the gal at the store did a price lookup and it came up as 54.99 she asked me if I still wanted it.. LOL !
Old 12-28-10, 11:51 AM

Yea... this is, I'm sure, a one time physical pricing mistake and won't really pertain to any of us.

Congrats to the OP for snagging this deal... but next time, information would be nice.
Old 12-28-10, 11:59 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RoadToPerdition
If you search the number on the receipt that says 1330888 on their website, it does come up with the BTTF Blu-ray. So it doesn't seem to be a mislabeling type of thing.

I see...the receipt wasn't displaying for me until now so I didn't have the additional info to go by when coming up with my hypothesis.
Old 12-28-10, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

No Icee = No sale
Old 12-28-10, 01:12 PM

decided to roll the dice again... with online purchase... came up as 38.99 so i went to the store to pick up and the receipt from in store came out like this

once again the employee was confused ... called a manager and manager said "if thats the price then thats the price..." typed in a few numbers and out the door i went ....

i think its gotta be the luck of the draw some employees don't care how much things sell for, even managers. Just depends on who you get i guess.... BTW this was the sherman oaks store... I remember when a pricing error happen managers refused to sell at those prices... Ive worked retail for 3 years now and the explanation on pricing errors that i was given was "if you see a pricing error then we can correct it... if the CUSTOMER sees a pricing error we have to honor that price" then they went on to tell me that the store could potentially get sued for not honoring pricing errors. NOW its doubtful that people are gonna take legal action, but in retail in makes sense for the store to give the customer the pricing error... would you rather have a pissed off customer arguing why they are not getting the lower price OR giving them the lower price and not cause a scene. It may be hard to believe but where i work "the customer is always right" that's just how it is. Stores have managers that go on a power trip because they have the title "manager" but all that really means is babysitting the employees. Ive had customers say "i bought this here and its cheaper online i want the lower price" customer walked in with no proof what so ever, Manager tried reasoning with the customer explaining to them that we dont honor online prices, customer started yelling, manager caved and gave customer the lower price, I was shocked but when you work in retail and read a bunch of the BS handbooks it makes sense..

Last edited by lovgun7; 12-28-10 at 01:26 PM.
Old 12-28-10, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Ok well I was at Northridge BB this morning at open and guess what, it rung up at the correct price and not 13.99
That along with the fact that only one person has reported getting it at this price just goes to further back my prior thoughts that this was a manual price adjustment on the cashiers part. How or why she did it who knows but this was definately a manual price adjustment.
Old 12-28-10, 01:23 PM

What is "Model #" representing?

Edit: Never mind. It is part of the receipt. Matches a number in the OP's post.
Old 12-28-10, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by lovgun7
decided to roll the dice again... with online purchase... came up as 38.99 so i went to the store to pick up and the receipt from in store came out like this

once again the employee was confused ... called a manager and manager said "if thats the price then thats the price..." typed in a few numbers and out the door i went ....

i dont know why everyone isn't getting this price
Somethings really fishy is going on, cause the price at the SAME store location you went to just less than a hour ago was definately not 13.99 I just got back from there and was there at open.

what time did you place your online order and when did you get your confirmation that it was ready to pick up.
and what time did you pick it up? because something is definately not adding up.
Old 12-28-10, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Is it April 1st already????
Old 12-28-10, 01:34 PM

i placed the order last night or this morning around 2am
Old 12-28-10, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Larry C.
No it's not, but...

If it walks like an icee, quacks like an icee and looks like an icee, then it's a free icee refill at Target! LOL

This has been a fun thread! LOL
Old 12-28-10, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by lovgun7
i placed the order last night or this morning around 2am
I dont know just something really doesnt seem right considering I was there at open this morning and it was definately not 13.99 and I was rung up at the cs counter(which is also where bb.com instore pick up is as well) because I was returning my copy of close encounters since amazon has now matched that price. And she said BTTF was definately not 13.99

Lets see if some of the others on here who also stop by that store get the same response.

would you mind posting a pic of both your bttf sets(in the same pic) and both reciepts next to them for us, cause if you have gotten this for that price both times, i wanna go back there and show the CS manager that someone was able to get that price at this location for whatever reason, and request that i get it for that price as well, after i was told it was not 13.99

Last edited by AmityBoatTours; 12-28-10 at 01:50 PM. Reason: adding on request to see photo of both BTTF sets and reciepts from the Northridge bestbuy
Old 12-28-10, 01:45 PM
GCS
DVD Talk Special Edition

I sure wish this was true as I got the set for x-mas and I know the person who gave it to me paid more closer to retail (ie over $30). Sure would be nice to send that back and get this and have money leftover!

Greg
Old 12-28-10, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DeepSleep
No it's not, but...

If it walks like an icee, quacks like an icee and looks like an icee, then it's a free icee refill at Target! LOL

This has been a fun thread! LOL
Not as fun as the Air buddies thread over in the HD talk section though lol
Old 12-28-10, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,194 Likes on 4,221 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry C.
Maybe he's Spanish?
http://spanish.about.com/b/2010/04/0...-is-dec-28.htm