Old 12-28-10, 02:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back To The Future Trilogy 13.99 Best Buy!!! YMMV

Old 12-28-10, 02:25 AM
bse
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Back To The Future Trilogy 13.99 Best Buy!!! YMMV

would you maybe be interested in giving us some actual info.
Old 12-28-10, 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by bse
the title of the thread, price, original receipt isnt enough ??

got in my car, turned on the ignition, backed up, drove to best buy, headed towards the BD section, picked up BTTF, walked to the register, price rang up 13.99, girl double checked and rang it up again, she said OK, walked out ....
Old 12-28-10, 02:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

thats strange usually the way it lists discount on your reciept only shows up if you either A. get a price match
usually if a price is a sale price it simply says sales disc after the amount of the discount

but good for you for getting this 13.99. just seems very strange, we will see if anyone else pops up with this as well.

had you read elsewhere that people had picked it up for 13.99 and decided to try for yourself or did you just happen to pick it up and walk to the register and thats what it came up as.
Old 12-28-10, 02:53 AM
bse
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lovgun7
the title of the thread, price, original receipt isnt enough ??

got in my car, turned on the ignition, backed up, drove to best buy, headed towards the BD section, picked up BTTF, walked to the register, price rang up 13.99, girl double checked and rang it up again, she said OK, walked out ....
wow, awesome guy.

you gave no information in your original post - like WAS IT MARKED THIS PRICE, HOW YOU FOUND OUT IT WAS THIS PRICE, ETC. which helps people determine if it is worth their time and effort, just a receipt answers no questions.
Old 12-28-10, 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by bse
Uh, not how but why. If it's in the computer why would it be YMMV unless it is an ad misprint, computer bar code error, or whatever. Before I drive all over to track it down--my BB not nearby at all, would like to know how likely this is since it certainly isn't online and also what I might have to do to get it; eg, got a Target raincheck for LOTR Trilogy from Black Friday which worked 5 days later since probably it was advertised wrong and their computers were uncorrected.
Old 12-28-10, 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
thats strange usually the way it lists discount on your reciept only shows up if you either A. get a price match
usually if a price is a sale price it simply says sales disc after the amount of the discount

but good for you for getting this 13.99. just seems very strange, we will see if anyone else pops up with this as well.

had you read elsewhere that people had picked it up for 13.99 and decided to try for yourself or did you just happen to pick it up and walk to the register and thats what it came up as.
no i had gift cards from xmas walked in to best buy expecting to pay 38.99 plus tax and it rang up 13.99 ....

i put YMMV because there was NO sign NO banner & the chick that ring it up was surprised so she rang it up again and it came out to 13.99
Old 12-28-10, 03:21 AM

no i had gift cards from xmas walked in to best buy expecting to pay 38.99 plus tax and it rang up 13.99 ....

i put YMMV because there was NO sign NO banner & the chick that ring it up was surprised so she rang it up again and it came out to 13.99
Why didnt you turn around and buy more! Which Best Buy (in LA?) did you go to?!!
Old 12-28-10, 03:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Its just very strange like i said normally if its a discounted price done automaticly by bestbuys computers it will say the dollar amount off followed by SALE DISC ( like on my close encounters i bought yesterday it says 12.00 sale disc) but if its a manual discount done by a cashier like when you get a price match it simply says the amount of the discount and not mentioning the word sale. ( 2.00 disc) like it says on your reciept.

it will be intresting to see if anyone else comes forward with this same success.
looks like i will be taking a trip up to the the Northridge bestbuy in the morning which is store 1180
the store where the op purchased it at.
please note iam not doubting you got it for that price, just saying that how your reciept looks, it looks more like a manual price adjustment rather than the 13.99 price being in their computer.

Last edited by AmityBoatTours; 12-28-10 at 03:57 AM.
Old 12-28-10, 03:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have to go to Best Buy tomorrow to return something, so I'll check and see if it rings up that price at my Best Buy too. Will post back if I find anything out.
Old 12-28-10, 03:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by cheapdvdbuyer
Why didnt you turn around and buy more! Which Best Buy (in LA?) did you go to?!!
the store number on the reciept he posted is for
Northridge CA (Store 1180)
19350 Nordhoff Way
Northridge, CA 91324

online shows that they still have in stock as well, though the bb closer to me is out of stock
Old 12-28-10, 04:27 AM

i had my copy and i was happy about that

Its just very strange like i said normally if its a discounted price done automaticly by bestbuys computers it will say the dollar amount off followed by SALE DISC ( like on my close encounters i bought yesterday it says 12.00 sale disc) but if its a manual discount done by a cashier like when you get a price match it simply says the amount of the discount and not mentioning the word sale. ( 2.00 disc) like it says on your reciept.

it will be intresting to see if anyone else comes forward with this same success.
looks like i will be taking a trip up to the the Northridge bestbuy in the morning which is store 1180
the store where the op purchased it at.
please note iam not doubting you got it for that price, just saying that how your reciept looks, it looks more like a manual price adjustment rather than the 13.99 price being in their computer.
if i remember correctly a Price match would have a PM next to it ... i dunno man but good luck to all

Last edited by lovgun7; 12-28-10 at 04:33 AM.
Old 12-28-10, 04:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i had my copy and i was happy about that

if i remember correctly a Price match would have a PM next to it ... i dunno man but good luck to all
Nope not for a few years anyways, they dont put pm or price match next to it simply says what your reciept says, which is the dollar amount followed by disc. I get price matches all the time at bestbuy.

I will be heading out to that Bestbuy in Northridge first thing in the morning to be there at open and see what happens. I just find it very odd the way its discounted on your reciept and that no one else on any of the forums has had this luck. But congrats.
Old 12-28-10, 04:41 AM

Nope not for a few years anyways, they dont put pm or price match next to it simply says what your reciept says, which is the dollar amount followed by disc. I get price matches all the time at bestbuy.

I will be heading out to that Bestbuy in Northridge first thing in the morning to be there at open and see what happens.
I hope this price error is in all the California chains! Someone report back if it succeeds in other cities!
Old 12-28-10, 04:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I hope this price error is in all the California chains! Someone report back if it succeeds in other cities!
I will report back if it even succeeds at the same store that the reciept indicates in the first post.

IAM just not sure though based on how that discount is shown on the reciept in the OP
It really looks like a manual price adjustment done by the cashier.
Old 12-28-10, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

IAM just not sure though based on how that discount is shown on the reciept in the OP
It really looks like a manual price adjustment done by the cashier.
No it doesn't.
Old 12-28-10, 08:03 AM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

will stop by my local one on the way to work this morning to see what I can find out
Old 12-28-10, 09:09 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

the store number on the reciept he posted is for
Northridge CA (Store 1180)
19350 Nordhoff Way
Northridge, CA 91324

online shows that they still have in stock as well, though the bb closer to me is out of stock
I hate that BB. The parking lot is a pain to get into.
Old 12-28-10, 10:07 AM

54.99 at my store.
Old 12-28-10, 10:21 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

I am not a fan of these films, but I'm on my way to Best Buy right now with a printout of the original image in this thread to buy every copy on the shelf. I will raise HOLY HELL if they don't give me the price shown in the receipt above.
Old 12-28-10, 10:38 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I looked online at bestbuy.com and it has the normal price up. However, I also noticed something else. There is something called "Jodeci: Back to the Future: The Very Best of Jodeci" that sells for $13.99. My guess is that at the OP's store someone mislabeled the set as this instead. Since it rang up with "back to the Future" in the title that cashier accepted it.
Old 12-28-10, 10:43 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you search the number on the receipt that says 1330888 on their website, it does come up with the BTTF Blu-ray. So it doesn't seem to be a mislabeling type of thing.
Old 12-28-10, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

The Regular price on the receipt says $54.99 with a 41.00 Discount. Maybe the cashier liked you?
Old 12-28-10, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by RoadToPerdition
If you search the number on the receipt that says 1330888 on their website, it does come up with the BTTF Blu-ray. So it doesn't seem to be a mislabeling type of thing.
But it could be something like they were supposed to put $13.99 on the other item, but put it on this sku instead. An easy price mistake. I thought Best Buy had their computers updated by the company, unlike Walmart that controls their prices at the store. But I could be wrong.
Old 12-28-10, 10:52 AM

I'll be checking the Sherman Oaks BB this morning. Will report back.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.