Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

SE Editions of 'Hellboy 2' and 'Wanted' for $22.98

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-11, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 414 Likes on 359 Posts
Re: SE Editions of 'Hellboy 2' and 'Wanted' for $22.98

I just got shipping notice for Mama Mia and $12.43 changed to CC.

It looks like they canceled the previous $24.XX authorization as I can't find it anywhere.

So tho disappointed in not getting Wanted (yet), least looks like all charges are correct and appropriate. Guess will just leave Wanted on order until I can find a good deal on it.

Wife will like Mama Mia. But I likely would not have ordered on its own. Still a decent enough deal I suppose.
Old 01-14-11, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm going to give them a call soon about this. I've sent 2 emails so far and they've ignored both(first was sent 3 days ago). If I don't get anywhere on the call I'm just going to dispute all the charges and let my credit card company deal with it.
Old 01-16-11, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just received a response from Best Buy:

Originally Posted by Best Buy
This is Kristen with the research dept for best buy. I am emailing you in regards to the order you placed with the items of Hell Boy and Coraline. I have researched this throughly and have found that the Coraline movie price at this time is the 39.99. I am showing that Hell Boy was cancelled out and this will not be received. I apologize for this inconvenience and the fact that you have to pay the 39.99. If you would like to avoid paying this amount an option is taking this back to the store for the full refund. I apologize once again and appreciate your business and your patience with us. Thank you for being a customer and have a great day.
It's good to see them standing by the emails they sent out saying they would honor the price on the other title in the order.

EDIT: just called to complain about the above email. The person I spoke with was very pleasant and said I shouldn't have received a message like that. A few minutes later and I have a credit of $30.21 issued. This order was a pain to deal with. Hopefully the rest of you don't have any issues like I did.

Last edited by ChrisHicks; 01-16-11 at 09:31 AM.
Old 01-16-11, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sdallnct
I just got shipping notice for Mama Mia and $12.43 changed to CC.

It looks like they canceled the previous $24.XX authorization as I can't find it anywhere.

So tho disappointed in not getting Wanted (yet), least looks like all charges are correct and appropriate. Guess will just leave Wanted on order until I can find a good deal on it.

Wife will like Mama Mia. But I likely would not have ordered on its own. Still a decent enough deal I suppose.
Just don't stare at the box when pressing the button on the cover, or you might have a seizure... Those are some pretty intense strobe lights...
Old 01-19-11, 12:21 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigulua
Just got my shipping notice for Coraline 3D. Let's see if they credit back the difference between the original price and sales price.
I received my Coraline 3D and of course, no credit to be found. So I sent an email to BB under Order. Got the standard automated reply back so I sent the same email to General Questions. Just got my credit back. Such a hassle but got the BD for $11.95 total so I can't complain too much. I'm leery about ordering from BB again though.
Old 01-20-11, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by bigulua
I received my Coraline 3D and of course, no credit to be found. So I sent an email to BB under Order. Got the standard automated reply back so I sent the same email to General Questions. Just got my credit back. Such a hassle but got the BD for $11.95 total so I can't complain too much. I'm leery about ordering from BB again though.
This has been a freakin nightmare. I've placed 2 phone calls and 2 emails.

Caroline 3D - Charged 18.41 + 24.88 = 43.29 Refunded 28.50 should have been 30.36

Mamma Mia - charged 21.45 + 8.64 = 30.09 - no refund - should have been charged 4.32 (RZ coupons used).

I haven't done any significant business with BB in a long time and I will return to that mindset. How hard is it to refund the difference w/o a big hassle. They act like they are all customer friendly, but in reality they are the same malicious company. I won't go so far to say I'm done completely with BB, but I would never purchase from them what I could get elsewhere -- I will never buy a TV, appliance or anything that they actually make money on. They are one of the two or three companies that I would not care (except for the employees) if they went under. F'em
Old 01-22-11, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Got Mama Mia...wife thinks is cool!

Wanted still shows back order. Should I cancel?
Old 01-30-11, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

BB canceled my Wanted order...oh well...wife is happy with Mama Mia.
Old 01-31-11, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Sdallnct
BB canceled my Wanted order...oh well...wife is happy with Mama Mia.
same here
Old 02-03-11, 02:23 AM

Just received shipping notice on my Wanted disc, charged $12.48. Received my Mama Mia set a few weeks back also $12.48. It looks like I may be one of the lucky who made it unscathed on this deal.
Old 02-03-11, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Well, after three phone calls, two sets of emails, I finally got someone on the phone who could take care of the problem and actually do my refunds right there. Every other call has had to set up a "case" that somehow gets lost. The only good thing about this is I got a $20 credit in addition to the the RZ stuff they gave me, but I'm not sure it's been worth it.

After years of truly hating BB, I was getting to the point that I thought they may be OK to deal with. This experience though has taught me that they have not really changed. They are either extremely incompetent or the same lying retailer I have dealt with for years. Either way, as long as Amazon PM's BB's ads, I don't have to worry about doing much business with them anyway. No bargain hunter of my caliber will totally reject a company on principles, but on ANY item I can get at another retailer, I will always choose the other retailer.
Old 02-03-11, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by yellowlt4
Just received shipping notice on my Wanted disc, charged $12.48. Received my Mama Mia set a few weeks back also $12.48. It looks like I may be one of the lucky who made it unscathed on this deal.
Ditto... well I got "scathed" on not receiving Hellboy but really I just wanted the Wanted set and it got shipped yesterday too. So I'm happy.

I was actually surprised because my original order of Wanted was embedded in a big order that still had a few discs outstanding on backorder. They tried repinging my card and then cancelled the remainder of the order because I'd maxed it on something and not yet paid it.

But based on people's experiences on this thread, looks like I got lucky when I was able to get a CSR to recreate the unshipped discs order at the prices ordered including the Wanted disc. She was careful to pick the right version. I believe I called the Premier Silver line and it's possible that I'll open the package and get the same bluray I already have (regular).
Old 02-03-11, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Damn...I should have called to tell them to leave it on back order....
Old 02-03-11, 02:32 PM

after a LOT of back and forth with Best Buy, I got them to reinstate my order of Hellboy and the Coraline Gift set last week and they're also are sending out a gift card. I honestly didn't expect either to ship, but I got a shipping notification for the Coraline set last night. We'll see what happens with Hellboy, but I'm hopeful.

My lesson learned is not to buy any kind of combo to get a lower price from the website. I'll get it if it's in stock at a local store, but that's it.
Old 02-03-11, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Megalion
But based on people's experiences on this thread, looks like I got lucky when I was able to get a CSR to recreate the unshipped discs order at the prices ordered including the Wanted disc. She was careful to pick the right version. I believe I called the Premier Silver line.
Oh man, I didn't realize there was a special number for Premier Silver. I'll have to remember that the next time I need to call them...