Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

SE Editions of 'Hellboy 2' and 'Wanted' for $22.98

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-11, 08:32 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Re: SE Editions of 'Hellboy 2' and 'Wanted' for $22.98

Odd.

Ordered Coraline CE and Coraline 3D for $24.88.

They canceled the CE so all that was left was the BD.

It shipped...and I got charged $24.88. Not the current price of Coraline 3D, or even half the amount. Hmm.
Old 01-05-11, 09:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My order of Wanted CE and Coraline 3D showed Wanted at the $11ish price which was canceled , then Coraline 3d at $40 - even though my email shows it at the right discounted price. I just canceled C3-D because i don't want to deal with the hassle (and don't have a 3-d TV at the moment anyway)
Old 01-06-11, 04:08 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Charged another $18.41. Calling later and if not refunded will dispute both charges. And I'll no doubt win.
Old 01-06-11, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kahuna
These are the same 2 orders I placed when I first seen this on Dvdtalk. Then I got a email that these were pricing errors and orders would be cancelled. The Wanted & Coraline order was cancelled. But only Hell Boy was cancelled from the other order and they would ship Mama Mia to me. Well I got it a couple of days ago. So I checked my CC online and was charged to prices.

And my current charges from Best Buy for this order:

Dec 29, 2010 Bestbuy.com 00009944 888-237-8289 MN Merchandise $13.12
Dec 29, 2010 Bestbuy.com 00009944 888-237-8289 MN Merchandise $24.06
What a hassle.
I ordered the exact same things as you in two orders exactly like yours. Although they f'd mine up as well, they were limited in how badly they could screw me since I used a gift card that only had $9 left on it. I am SOOOOOOOOO glad I used a gift card.
I'm still waiting for Mama Mia to arrive, hopefully today... Sorry to hear about the bullshit you and others are going through... I hope it gets resolved satisfactorily...
Old 01-06-11, 06:32 PM

Ordered Coraline 3D with Mamma Mia! to be shipped and luckily with a giftcard. I'm glad no overcharges appeared yet when using a giftcard but Coraline 3D continues to show as being backordered and what is going on with the USPS since my shipment for Mamma Mia has not moved at all for almost a week. I'm thankful for the US Postal people for getting packages delivered before Xmas, but it seems like after Xmas, things have grinded to a crawl.
Old 01-07-11, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by consoleman
Ordered Coraline 3D with Mamma Mia! to be shipped and luckily with a giftcard. I'm glad no overcharges appeared yet when using a giftcard but Coraline 3D continues to show as being backordered and what is going on with the USPS since my shipment for Mamma Mia has not moved at all for almost a week. I'm thankful for the US Postal people for getting packages delivered before Xmas, but it seems like after Xmas, things have grinded to a crawl.
I totally agree with you there
Iam still waiting for usps to deliver my lethal weapon collection from amazon uk. that was suppose to arrive on the 29th of december
Old 01-07-11, 01:54 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
Iam still waiting for usps to deliver my lethal weapon collection from amazon uk. that was suppose to arrive on the 29th of december
I ordered the Alien Quad set from Amazon UK on Nov. 16th with a delivery estimate of Dec. 7th. which is usually fairly accurate going by previous orders placed. On Dec. 20th I still hadn't received the package so I contacted them. They informed me about some bad weather over there and give it a bit longer. I ended up getting it delivered just a few days ago.
Old 01-08-11, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by ChrisHicks
I ordered the Alien Quad set from Amazon UK on Nov. 16th with a delivery estimate of Dec. 7th. which is usually fairly accurate going by previous orders placed. On Dec. 20th I still hadn't received the package so I contacted them. They informed me about some bad weather over there and give it a bit longer. I ended up getting it delivered just a few days ago.
thanks for your response.
so you recieved it after the new year?
I am hopefull that mine shows up soon, but each passing day i doubt more and more it will.
they asked me to wait till the 6th of jan, and i did still nothing so i wrote this morning, I hadnt recieved it still but iam willing to wait a few days longer, for them to ship a replacement in the event its just tied up in the us mail somewhere.

iam hopeing its just a matter of the bad weather over there and in the us (which has cleared up now)and any issues that customs gives now that they dont let packages fly on commerical flights anymore. and that my movies will be here soon.
Old 01-08-11, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I received it on Jan. 4th. They offered to send me a replacement when I contacted them on the 20th if I didn't receive it in a week. I figured with the holiday I'd give it a bit longer than that as I was still receiving Christmas cards after it had passed. I was going to email them around this weekend if it didn't show up but luckily it did.

I'm actually waiting for a second movie now that I ordered on Dec. 5th with an estimated delivery of the Dec. 29th. I'm going to give it around the same time frame as the Alien set before I contact them about it.
Old 01-08-11, 02:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by ChrisHicks
I received it on Jan. 4th. They offered to send me a replacement when I contacted them on the 20th if I didn't receive it in a week. I figured with the holiday I'd give it a bit longer than that as I was still receiving Christmas cards after it had passed. I was going to email them around this weekend if it didn't show up but luckily it did.

I'm actually waiting for a second movie now that I ordered on Dec. 5th with an estimated delivery of the Dec. 29th. I'm going to give it around the same time frame as the Alien set before I contact them about it.
thanks I feel a bit better now about mine not getting here yet.

I appologize to everyone the thread went a bit off topic for a few posts here, didnt intend that to happen but definately thank chris for responding with the info he told me.
Old 01-10-11, 02:06 PM

Coraline 3D continues to be backordered online. Wonder if I can have them change it to store pickup without them screwing up the price on it.

Also glad that the USPS is picking up on their deliveries since a few days after my comment, all my orders came in at the same time.
Old 01-10-11, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Coraline 3D continues to be backordered online. Wonder if I can have them change it to store pickup without them screwing up the price on it.

Also glad that the USPS is picking up on their deliveries since a few days after my comment, all my orders came in at the same time.
Wish the same could be said for me even after allowing more time for my delivery I still am with out my package.
Old 01-10-11, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I received my Mama Mia gift set on Saturday. Not the best condition, but at least I got it, and the music and lights on the box worked...
Old 01-10-11, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I received my Mama Mia gift set on Saturday. Not the best condition, but at least I got it, and the music and lights on the box worked...
Yes, the box on mine was dented too. Given they were shipped in padded envelopes, I didn't expect them to come in in perfect shape since the gift set box is only cardboard. I wish they would have packaged gift sets better.
Old 01-10-11, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well, amazingly BBy actually came through with flying colors today.
I ordered the Hellboy giftset and Coraline 3D (both for shipping) and I also added Karate Kid for $7.99. I received the latter, had Hellboy cancelled and Coraline backordered. So, I called to change to instore pickup with no problem. Through it all I paid no attention to receipts or online order details because I was waiting to see if they would credit back any amount after the order was completed like they had told us in cancellation emails. Well, they didn't.
I had paid using a $10 giftcard, $15 rz cert and the remainder on BBy MC CC. They ended up only using $9 something of my cert, the whole giftcard and charged my card $30.95. Obviously completely wrong. So, I emailed them last night and got a reply today with them apologizing sincerely and coming up with the following resolution: credit me back $25.08 and issue me a new $15 rz cert.
So, I ended up paying only $15.87 for Karate Kid and Coraline 3D! Even better than the original deal and I am very happy with the outcome. Didn't even have to waste my time on the phone, apart from changing to instore pickup which took less than 5 minutes.
Old 01-11-11, 04:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yes, the box on mine was dented too. Given they were shipped in padded envelopes, I didn't expect them to come in in perfect shape since the gift set box is only cardboard. I wish they would have packaged gift sets better.
Try taking back to your local bestbuy and exchange for a copy thats in better shape in store.
Old 01-11-11, 09:51 AM

Try taking back to your local bestbuy and exchange for a copy thats in better shape in store.
I tried looking this up on the Bestbuy website for what stores might possibly have this still in stock and there's no way to check anymore as they don't let you do in-store pickup on this item. I'm not expecting this to be available at any of the stores near me.
Old 01-11-11, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't think my stores have the Mama Mia Gift Set in-stock. I haven't seen it anywhere... And knowing my stores, if they do have one, it is probably beat up as well...
Old 01-11-11, 09:30 PM

Checked my local Bestbuy. Definitely not in stock at that one. Anyway, my copy is just a little scrunched but I could live with it given the price.

Now if they can finally mail out the Coraline 3D. Can't believe their stores have copies but their warehouses are backordered?
Old 01-12-11, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 414 Likes on 359 Posts

Mama Mia and Wanted still showing back ordered for me. I was going to cancel this week, but since I still haven't found a better deal on Wanted, guess will give it a little more time....
Old 01-12-11, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Checked my local Bestbuy. Definitely not in stock at that one. Anyway, my copy is just a little scrunched but I could live with it given the price.

Now if they can finally mail out the Coraline 3D. Can't believe their stores have copies but their warehouses are backordered?
what if you contacted bestbuy.com about sending a replacement to you, when they get them back in stock.
It just sucks to have to settle for a copy that is even just a little scrunched.
Old 01-13-11, 01:57 AM
Banned

my order was a mess, but far FAR less messy than most.

Hellboy 2 CE came in super fast, but one of the arms on the figure was broken in half, visible even when sealed. i decided to not open it, due to the claims of mischarges, and the fact i was afraid coraline may not come.

online coraline 3d didn't ship, called and switched it to in store pick up. went in, and whaddaya know, they picked the wrong part, the old ass copy. i just said it was wrong, and 20 minutes (20...minutes!) later they got the proper 3d version.

have been keeping tabs on charges, and i only got charged 11.49 plus tax on each when they were posted. i figure coraline covers both, and hellboy, even broken, is just a bonus. really glad i got everything i wanted, but i hated being worried that something wasn't going to go right, due to all the shit everyone else has posted on how bad BBY has handled this sale.
Old 01-13-11, 03:21 PM
Cool New Member

Just got my shipping notice for Coraline 3D. Let's see if they credit back the difference between the original price and sales price.
Old 01-14-11, 01:18 PM

what if you contacted bestbuy.com about sending a replacement to you, when they get them back in stock.
It just sucks to have to settle for a copy that is even just a little scrunched.
It's just dents on the corners of the outer box so I guess I can live with it. Usually I don't let things go. Just received another order from bestbuy where the plastic wrap on one of the blurays was ripped on the bottom so I went to a store to get it exchanged with no problems. 2 other movies didn't have security seals on them but since they were the same way in-store, I didn't bother exchanging those.

Looks like my Coraline 3D is finally in the mail. Can't wait till it arrives.

Last edited by consoleman; 01-14-11 at 03:37 PM.
Old 01-14-11, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by n8boss87
my order was a mess, but far FAR less messy than most.

Hellboy 2 CE came in super fast, but one of the arms on the figure was broken in half, visible even when sealed. i decided to not open it, due to the claims of mischarges, and the fact i was afraid coraline may not come.

online coraline 3d didn't ship, called and switched it to in store pick up. went in, and whaddaya know, they picked the wrong part, the old ass copy. i just said it was wrong, and 20 minutes (20...minutes!) later they got the proper 3d version.

have been keeping tabs on charges, and i only got charged 11.49 plus tax on each when they were posted. i figure coraline covers both, and hellboy, even broken, is just a bonus. really glad i got everything i wanted, but i hated being worried that something wasn't going to go right, due to all the shit everyone else has posted on how bad BBY has handled this sale.
You're lucky to have Hellboy 2 CE shipped to you since they canceled everyone else's. I own the original Hellboy CE (DVD) and the figure inside came partially broken also. I guess the quality control on these sets isn't too good so that could be why they're clearing them out.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.