DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   Fry's Blu-Ray Prices 12/26-30 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/583829-frys-blu-ray-prices-12-26-30-a.html)

fidodido 12-26-10 03:57 AM

Fry's Blu-Ray Prices 12/26-30

Here's the Blu-Ray listings from the Fry's B&M ads (and Frys.com if not listed in the B&M ads).

I will update this with any additions from the B&M ads during the week.

$7.99 (not OR or WA)
Escape From New York (Blu+DVD)
Fargo (Blu+DVD)
The Illusionist (Blu+DVD)
Mad Max (Blu+DVD)
The Princess Bride (Blu+DVD)
Showgirls (Blu+DVD)

$8.99
Angels & Demons
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Dr. Strangelove (LA, OR and WA)
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
Jason and the Argonauts
The Karate Kid (1984) (LA, OR and WA)
Leon: The Professional
Moon
Planet 51 (Blu+DVD)

$14.99 (not OR or WA)
Beauty and the Beast (Blu+DVD)

$14.99 (not OR or WA) / $26.99 (.COM)
Toy Story 3

$16.99 (AUS, AZ, DFW, GA, IL, IN and SD)
Family Guy: It's a Trap!

$19.99
The Office: Season 6 (not AUS, GA or IN)
Spider-Man: The High-Definition Trilogy (12/26 ONLY)
Underworld Trilogy (not AUS, DFW, HOU or IL) (12/26 ONLY)

$21.99 (not OR or WA)
Resident Evil: Afterlife (Avail. Tues.)

$22.99 (not OR or WA)
Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps

$24.99
Die Hard Collection
James Bond Blu-Ray: Volume 1
James Bond Blu-Ray: Volume 2
The Man With No Name Trilogy
Resident Evil Trilogy
Robocop Trilogy
Rocky: The Undisputed Collection
X-Men Trilogy

$25
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs (Blu3D) (not OR or WA)
Monster House (Blu3D)
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film (Blu3D) (not OR or WA)
Open Season (Blu3D)

$26.99 (not OR or WA)
The American (Avail. Tues.)
Heroes: Season 4

$27.99 (not OR or WA)
House M.D.: Season 6 (HOU, LV and .COM)
Resident Evil: Afterlife (Blu3D) (Avail. Tues.)

Manzana 12-26-10 09:34 AM

Re: Fry's Blu-Ray Prices 12/26-30

Thanks for the post, fidodido. Just a heads up to everyone, Best Deny has many of the $8.99 BDs for $7.99 in the Best Deny thread for this week. I might try to pick up Planet 51 BD if I can find it at Walmart or Target for a PM (they probably will be OOS or won't carry it any more). Amazon has Heroes S4 BD cheaper and BATB BD and The Office S6 BD for the same price. Most of the $24.99 box sets were $19.99 on BF (not that it matters now for those that didn't pick them up then).

AmityBoatTours 12-26-10 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana (Post 10560710)
Thanks for the post, fidodido. Just a heads up to everyone, Best Deny has many of the $8.99 BDs for $7.99 in the Best Deny thread for this week. I might try to pick up Planet 51 BD if I can find it at Walmart or Target for a PM (they probably will be OOS or won't carry it any more). Amazon has Heroes S4 BD cheaper and BATB BD and The Office S6 BD for the same price. Most of the $24.99 box sets were $19.99 on BF (not that it matters now for those that didn't pick them up then).

But why go there if you think they are going to just deny you anyways.

Manzana 12-26-10 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours (Post 10560968)
But why go there if you think they are going to just deny you anyways.

I said I was going to try Target or Walmart. Best Deny is a last resort, and Best Deny usually doesn't deny straight pricematches provided you have the patience for them to call to verify that Fry's still has them in stock and provided they don't say something stupid like "I'm doing a price check" which will cause Fry's to lie about the price and/or them being in stock.

ballershanelle 12-30-10 01:51 AM

Canceled my amazon order after Best Buy pricematched: X-men, Resident Evil, & Die Hard collections. No reason to be denied. Sometimes, I pre-check target's inventory B4 I go to a BB that does verification. Most often, my printouts or store ads are taken at the checkout line or customer service. My issue is to stop spending over $2,500 in blu rays each year at BB!

AmityBoatTours 12-30-10 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by ballershanelle (Post 10565937)
Canceled my amazon order after Best Buy pricematched: X-men, Resident Evil, & Die Hard collections. No reason to be denied. Sometimes, I pre-check target's inventory B4 I go to a BB that does verification. Most often, my printouts or store ads are taken at the checkout line or customer service. My issue is to stop spending over $2,500 in blu rays each year at BB!

You do realize that Amazon had price matched those 3 sets as well right?
up until earlier today all 3 of those were 24.99 tax free for most,
and since you had all 3 orderd it would have been freeshipping to.
you could have saved several bucks on tax

jrsl76 12-30-10 02:28 AM

Didn't see this till now. Think I'll try and go buy Mad Max, Jason & The Argonauts and maybe X-men tomorrow.

AmityBoatTours 12-30-10 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by jrsl76 (Post 10565955)
Didn't see this till now. Think I'll try and go buy Mad Max, Jason & The Argonauts and maybe X-men tomorrow.

just a heads up if you are planning on trying for the burbank frys.
Mad Max and Xmen are both sold out. However you can get a rain check for them both. if your trying for another L.A. frys good luck

jrsl76 12-30-10 03:30 AM

Nope. Burbank, but I'm fine with a raincheck. I have enough to watch now and don't mind having to wait a week or two. Thanks for the heads up.

ballershanelle 12-30-10 03:34 AM

I truely love Amazon but saving approx. $3.75 is not favorable for me since BB rewards are set to double/triple starting Nov. 1 until ???. Every three days or so, I get $10 certificates because Nov. & Dec. pts are posting. So, that $75 purchase will net 225pts!! (Lots of free $$ in 2011). Also, I've linked every partner .COM retailer i could, so i have a slight idea what those totals will be netting in Jan. Trust me, when the promo ends..I'll be trolling the big Animal, again!!