Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

$4 Off Select Titles on Amazon after Free** VOD rental (Need Twitter Account)

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

$4 Off Select Titles on Amazon after Free** VOD rental (Need Twitter Account)

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-10, 06:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: $4 Off Select Titles on Amazon after Free** VOD rental (Need Twitter Account)

Originally Posted by bigjim25
If you already bought something between May 18, 2010 and now, then chances are you have a promo certificate in your email. Just do search in your mail for AMAZON VOD, that's how I found one. It is limit one per customer. The entire balance of the promotional code must be used by 11:59pm Pacific standard time on February 28, 2011. Any promotional code value not used by such time will be lost.
Nice, found an unused credit this way -- thanks for the tip!
Old 12-27-10, 08:27 PM

Re: $4 Off Select Titles on Amazon after Free** VOD rental (Need Twitter Account)

Is there anyway to check your credit balance on amazon?
Old 12-27-10, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DVD NDN
Is there anyway to check your credit balance on amazon?
You can go to the page of a movie you want to rent. In the bottom of the black box it says view balance.
It's right beside of
Old 12-27-10, 08:57 PM

thanks, didn't see that before
Old 12-27-10, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Prince of Persia 3-disc was in my goldbox, so I said what the hell. Got it for $12.13... I got the 1-disc from BB for $10.55 with tax, but decided the extra $1.58 was worth it for the DVD and digital copy. I usually don't pay extra for those, but the difference was negligible... So I'll take the 1-disc back...
Old 12-28-10, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

This got me to bite on Expendables. For $8.99, why not? Thanks OP!
Old 12-28-10, 06:36 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Prince of Persia 3-disc was in my goldbox, so I said what the hell. Got it for $12.13... I got the 1-disc from BB for $10.55 with tax, but decided the extra $1.58 was worth it for the DVD and digital copy. I usually don't pay extra for those, but the difference was negligible... So I'll take the 1-disc back...
This is one of the rare times the Blu-Ray is different between the two releases, with more extras on the 3-disc version, so you're getting more than you thought
Old 12-28-10, 03:30 PM

I signed up an account for Twitter and followed the instruction to get $5.00 VOD credit. Then I ordered The Expendables and The Karate Kid and paid $2.98 ($3.99 + $3.99 - $5.00 = $2.98)

Received $8.00 credit from Amazon and I bought both movies and saved extra $1.02.
Old 12-28-10, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Liquid Death
This is one of the rare times the Blu-Ray is different between the two releases, with more extras on the 3-disc version, so you're getting more than you thought
BONUS!!! Thanks, I didn't even realize that. Now I'm real glad I did it...
Old 12-29-10, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by g
Some of these like Castle say you get 5 dollars of VOD credit for buying the DVD or BD. When do you get it? I would use it for another VOD that gives a BD discount.
Castle S1 DVD is down to $11.49 so I'm in for it for $6.49 with coupon.
Old 12-29-10, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by bigjim25
Castle S1 DVD is down to $11.49 so I'm in for it for $6.49 with coupon.
Thanks, just ordered one!
Old 12-30-10, 05:19 AM

I found another code from a Sept 8th purchase (by searching my gmail for "promotional code amazon") so I ended up with $10 worth altogether.

Did House S6 ($1.99 vod) because the dvd is $14.99 so it was $9.99 (my other house seasons aren't blu-ray and not everything HAS to be upgraded so I tell myself)

Debating on which others to do (I'd totally be down for Castle S1 except I already own it. Wish Psych was s4 since that dvd is $14.99 too right now)

Is there much difference between the Sorceror's Apprentice 3 disc and 2 disc besides digital copy?

I wish I could get the Prince of Persia 3 disc in my gold box. I put it in my "save for later" part of my cart. Hopefully it'll show up! I guess I should rent the vod so that when it does go down in price, I can nab it?
Old 12-30-10, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by Megalion
Is there much difference between the Sorceror's Apprentice 3 disc and 2 disc besides digital copy?

I wish I could get the Prince of Persia 3 disc in my gold box. I put it in my "save for later" part of my cart. Hopefully it'll show up! I guess I should rent the vod so that when it does go down in price, I can nab it?
POP 1 BR and 3 Disc Combo is the only Disney flick I can recall a difference between the actual BR discs themselves. You get the 'Sands of Time' mode or something with the BR in the 3 disc combo.

With the Sorcerer's Apprentice, the only difference between the 1 disc BR and the 2 disc DVD & BR (there's no digital copy or 3 Disc Combo) is just the extra DVD.
Old 12-30-10, 08:36 AM

With the Sorcerer's Apprentice, the only difference between the 1 disc BR and the 2 disc DVD & BR (there's no digital copy or 3 Disc Combo) is just the extra DVD.
That isn't correct. There is no 1 disc Blu-ray. There is a 2 disc Blu/DVD combo and a 3 disc Blu/DVD/Digital copy combo.
Old 01-01-11, 12:28 PM

Inception is now a 99 cent rental.

Just last night (thanks to a previous post) I discovered an old $5 VOD credit from June and bought Inception for $3.99 to get my $4 off. Then I saw the lower price today and called for an adjustment which I used to buy another VOD and get $4 off 1 of the $12.99 BDs. However, I had bought it previously and since I have a bunch of other BF purchases to return to Amazon, I figured what's 1 more to save $4.

I noticed afterwards that I had used a promotional credit from purchasing the item which I just rebought and am going to return, so I assume when I return it Amazon will give me back that promotional credit?
Old 01-02-11, 07:20 PM

Got my $3.50 refund for Castle S1. Goddamn steal for TVs best show.
Old 01-02-11, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

POP 1 BR and 3 Disc Combo is the only Disney flick I can recall a difference between the actual BR discs themselves. You get the 'Sands of Time' mode or something with the BR in the 3 disc combo.

Old dogs combo had one or two extra "features" not on the single disc bd.
Old 01-03-11, 08:20 AM

The first episode of Breaking Bad Season 2 is currently free
Old 01-03-11, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Disneyboy
The first episode of Breaking Bad Season 2 is currently free
Good catch, thanks. I ordered it, just in case a bargain comes along combined with the coupon...
Old 01-10-11, 11:37 AM

With Toy Story 3 dropping to $15 today it comes out to 10.99 with the credit applied. Just ordered one for my mom.
Old 01-10-11, 11:50 AM

MY VOD balance is 0 and I only used around 2 dollars. Do these expire?
Old 01-10-11, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
MY VOD balance is 0 and I only used around 2 dollars. Do these expire?
Yes, I got an email saying that my $5 VOD credit was going to expire on the 7th, so I quickly used it... I had $10 in the account. I used it down to $5.04, and now it shows $5.00. So the 4 cents expired, but the $5 I got from a different promo did not expire...

I received the email on January 1st. The email subject and text are below.

Subject: Amazon.com: Use Your $5 Credit Before It Expires

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Because you participated in our "Tweet and Get $5" offer, we applied a $5 credit to your account good for instant movies and TV shows at Amazon Video On Demand. Your $5 credit will be automatically applied to your next purchase or rental, through January 7, 2011.
Old 01-10-11, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I rented House for the $5 coupon, then blew the rest of my VOD credit on Walking Dead season 1. Best free ever!
Old 01-10-11, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by izatright
I rented House for the $5 coupon, then blew the rest of my VOD credit on Walking Dead season 1. Best free ever!
No, I think sex still wins (as long as it's free)
Old 01-10-11, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Yes, I got an email saying that my $5 VOD credit was going to expire on the 7th, so I quickly used it...
Good to see that they are now sending out reminders. I lost $15 in VOD credit from various promotions last years because I thought I had more time to redeem.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.