DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   Apocalypse Now Full Disclosure Edition on blu at bn.com for $25.49 shipped! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/583746-apocalypse-now-full-disclosure-edition-blu-bn-com-%2425-49-shipped.html)

tofferman 12-23-10 04:02 PM

Apocalypse Now Full Disclosure Edition on blu at bn.com for $25.49 shipped!

Credit goes to a poster at blu-ray.com, and I thought this deserved its own thread. Using code C3N8F7W, picked up Apocalypse Now: Full Disclosure Edition on blu for $25.49 shipped (no sales tax in Oregon.)

nycdude 12-23-10 07:34 PM

Re: Apocalypse Now Full Disclosure Edition on blu at bn.com for $25.49 shipped!

nice price

indianajmb 12-23-10 09:04 PM

with tax it is 27.40. That is still about 7 dollars more than i want to spend on a movie I may watch once in the next 5 years. Don't get me wrong, I want it, but still too much for me. Honestly, I bought the dvd and have never watched it. I looked at the case a few times though :)

Jtnguyen12 12-24-10 01:43 AM

Still hope it goes on sale in the store too.

TomOpus 12-24-10 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by indianajmb (Post 10558448)
with tax it is 27.40. That is still about 7 dollars more than i want to spend on a movie I may watch once in the next 5 years. Don't get me wrong, I want it, but still too much for me. Honestly, I bought the dvd and have never watched it. I looked at the case a few times though :)

Just think of the $7 being spent on the excellent documentary that is included. Also the film looks and sounds magnificent on Blu.

indianajmb 12-25-10 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by TomOpus (Post 10558868)
Just think of the $7 being spent on the excellent documentary that is included. Also the film looks and sounds magnificent on Blu.

You are right, and I have been wanting to watch that documentary for years, but I I just have to be patient and wait for an even better price. It has been an expensive month.

Future Man 12-26-10 05:43 AM

Ordered mine, great price. Thanks OP!

Loc Nar 12-26-10 07:58 AM

Appreciate the heads up on this (and for the code). I had a $25 B&N Gift Card burning a hole in my pocket.

TAC 12-26-10 02:06 PM

Wish Amazon would match that price

beebs 12-26-10 10:07 PM

I really don't like the longer cut of the film here. I wish they had just the theatrical and the documentary. I hold out hope, being this is distributed by Lionsgate, that this will dip to sub $15 before long.

Marvin Dorfler 12-27-10 10:09 AM

I have the edition w/ the very cool looking case like a sealed package of orders. THE COMPLETE DOSSIER i think it is called. But it kind of sucks bc you have to get up half way through the movie to change discs which I did not know when I bought it. I may have to dip on this. HEARTS OF DARKNESS is supposed to be amazing. Sheen has a heart attack on the set and is drunk all the time, Brando acts like a nut and the production goes all to hell. Oh and Coppola has a nervous breakdown. If you have never seen any version of APOCALYPSE NOW; it is overall a pretty terrifying experience IMHO. It has this weird LORD OF THE FLIES feel to it and it all goes down like a bad trip. I think I read that Coppola went something like 8 months over on the shoot. Anyone remember the SEINFELD spoof where Elaine goes to Burma to get J. Peterman back? Hysterical...Sorry writing so much, I'm snowed in dammit! I don't think the price is going to dip any lower...

--Dorfler

TomOpus 12-27-10 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by indianajmb (Post 10559923)
You are right, and I have been wanting to watch that documentary for years, but I I just have to be patient and wait for an even better price. It has been an expensive month.

Yeah, I hear ya about it being an expensive month.

Originally Posted by beebs (Post 10561424)
I really don't like the longer cut of the film here. I wish they had just the theatrical and the documentary. I hold out hope, being this is distributed by Lionsgate, that this will dip to sub $15 before long.

I think most would disagree. I think most are glad you get both the theatrical and extended cut.

Marvin Dorfler 12-27-10 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by TomOpus (Post 10561838)

I think most would disagree. I think most are glad you get both the theatrical and extended cut.

After my post-Christmas purchases from Amazon who matched everything from the stores which I was very happy about b/c we got slammed w/ over a foot and a half of snow; I promised myself *that* was it for the year. @TomOpus, I totally agree w/ you after reading of the Amazon specs--3-disc set, one is the original cut, the next is Redux and the last one is the feature length documentary which I remember was on a bunch of top 10 lists years ago but I could never find. All tolled, you are looking at close to 8 hrs of movie watching. More than that though, I love that this gives you the option to watch and enjoy both, alternate, or finally decide which cut you think is the better of the two.

--Dorfler

animefan 12-27-10 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by TomOpus (Post 10561838)

I am definitely glad that we get both version, and hope all the movies that do have multiple version will be included in one release.(Avatar, Alien anthology, Close Encounter, etc.)
Now release that only have one version of the movie seems inferior and will only get it when it's incredibly cheap(Last of the Mohicans, Dances with Wolves, Natural, Kingdom of Heaven, Black Hawk Down, etc.)