Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Matrix Collection $14.25 Batman Anthology $12.75 @ DD

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-10, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Matrix Collection $14.25 Batman Anthology $12.75 @ DD

That sucks that everyone's orders got cancelled, good thing everyone made it out alive though.

Everytime I've ordered from DD I've had to wait. Now I understand it sucks that some of you have waited for months on some of your orders, but honestly that's what I would have expected with us, Blu-ray.com, SD and whoever else getting a hold of the b1g1 deal ordering. I put about three SMALL orders in between those two sales and got my stuff in a few weeks. Plus I didn't try any of the crafty tricks to get more BD's added onto my order.

Good thing so many are calling foul now and won't be ordering for DD again, that just leaves more time for me to order my stuff and get it sooner because so few will be purchasing from them apparently.

Nothing but positive things to say about DD from me.
Old 12-22-10, 06:46 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fromundacheese
Works for Deep Discount ^^^
That's the best you can do? When you have to stoop to that line it usually means you have nothing left to counter with.
Old 12-22-10, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Moopher
That sucks that everyone's orders got cancelled, good thing everyone made it out alive though.

Everytime I've ordered from DD I've had to wait. Now I understand it sucks that some of you have waited for months on some of your orders, but honestly that's what I would have expected with us, Blu-ray.com, SD and whoever else getting a hold of the b1g1 deal ordering. I put about three SMALL orders in between those two sales and got my stuff in a few weeks. Plus I didn't try any of the crafty tricks to get more BD's added onto my order.

Good thing so many are calling foul now and won't be ordering for DD again, that just leaves more time for me to order my stuff and get it sooner because so few will be purchasing from them apparently.

Nothing but positive things to say about DD from me.

Same.. i've gotten enough good deals over the years whether it's their error or exactly what they intended. I'll continue to order from them if the deal is right for me. I've only had one issue with their shipping times, and haven't had to return anything yet.

But we all know.. if there is another great deal at DD.. all these people that claim they will never buy from them again, Will end up jumping at the deal.
Old 12-22-10, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bsmith
That's the best you can do? When you have to stoop to that line it usually means you have nothing left to counter with.
That's not a stoop, it's a necessity. Someone has to say it. It's the "that's what she said" of people complimenting a horrible business for no apparent reason.

Also, I'm pretty sure it was meant in good humor (not as an insult).
Old 12-22-10, 08:25 PM

Okay...here is the thing about why I may appear to be overly defending DD at this point. I have no issue when people complain about specific instances where they feel mistreated by a vendor. All the major vendors have been taken to task at some point or another on these forums. What I take exception to is when people come into threads for no other purpose then to make negative generalizations about bad experiences as if they happen to everyone everyday. As a result, I feel it necessary to provide (not generalizations) but instances where they are wrong.

I don't blame anyone that ordered during the DD's Fall sales and has been waiting for months to received their products from complaining or not buying anything from DD during the latest deals. I took it into consideration when making my purchases. But the facts are this is a bargain forum where we look for the best deals. At the same time we take into consideration complaints and customer service when determining who to buy from.

As it stands in the last 4 weeks I've bought 75+ DVD/Blu-ray sets and individual items from across multiple vendors (DD, Amazon, Borders, BN, and Best Buy). If I had bought them all from Best Buy, Borders, or BN it would have probably cost me an additional $300 to $500. Buying all from Amazon would have been at least an additional $100 to $200. As it stands, The majority ended up being best purchased by DD, next Amazon, and with 40% - 50% coupons a few came from Borders and BN, while a few seasons sets came to $10 at Best Buy. No single vendor was a best choice, and they were purchased across several weeks. So I felt more comfortable making more purchases from DD when I started receiving my orders in quick fashion.

Now that said, Amazon is always my first choice because of their excellent customer service. In fact, they just got me out of a jam recently when a manufacturer wouldn't support their product (bad disk) and it was past the date of returning to Amazon for a replacement. After an explanation Amazon waived the date restriction and replaced the entire product on their dime. So if prices are even in the same proximity, Amazon will always get my business. But in this case I was looking at a $100 to $200 difference. That I could not ignore.

When Amazon's prices are competitve their customer service is like a free extended warranty, but when they are not there is a cost to that service. And I am very selective on when I choose to pay extra for services I may not need.

So if anything I am an Amazon supporter first. But as I stated I hate over the top negative generalizations that are just not based on facts. And DD has more of a like/hate relationship with customers then any other vendor.
Old 12-22-10, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Old 12-22-10, 08:54 PM
bse
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

But as I stated I hate over the top negative generalizations that are just not based on facts. And DD has more of a like/hate relationship with customers then any other vendor.
What? I'm pretty sure all of our negativity is indeed based on facts of being treated like shit by Deep Discount or just not having our orders shipped for over 5+ months.
Old 12-22-10, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by bse
What? I'm pretty sure all of our negativity is indeed based on facts of being treated like shit by Deep Discount or just not having our orders shipped for over 5+ months.
Yeah, and let me add my complaint of having ordered blu-rays only to receive crappy CDs because DD mislabeled them in the order page.
Old 12-22-10, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I was one of those who refused to order from DD again based on the fiasco that was the last two B1G1 sales. But maybe not for the same reasons. Let's keep in mind that many people took advantage of DD when the glitch was discovered that turned the B1G1 into a B1G2 or G3 or G4 or more. Yes, it took a long time for some of these items to ship but we are damn lucky those orders were honored at all. They should have been cancelled. I forgave them for the slow shipping. But what I'm having a hard time forgiving is how awful their account management area of the website is and how bad they are at actually managing orders. Here's my story:

A few months ago I placed an order for a BD and when it hadn't shipped after 2 weeks I cancelled it online as I found it somewhere else for the same price. A few days later I received an email confirming a cancellation for an entirely different order; one I actually wanted. I called to straighten it out but the CSR said she couldn't find any record of me ordering that BD I wanted to cancel. She looked up the order # and said that order is on someone else's account. So, instead of trying to figure it out they just automatically cancelled the one order they did find on my account. How does that happen? So I asked them to reinstate the order they inadvertently cancelled but they would only do so at the current, higher prices. I, of course, refused. And to this day I can log into my account and see an open order for the BD they claim was on someone else's account. Not only that, but my account still shows partially shipped and open orders for things I received a long time ago. It's really difficult to do business with a company that can't manage orders and cannot present accurate account information to its customers.
Old 12-22-10, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by jwstl
A few months ago I placed an order for a BD and when it hadn't shipped after 2 weeks I cancelled it online as I found it somewhere else for the same price. A few days later I received an email confirming a cancellation for an entirely different order; one I actually wanted. I called to straighten it out but the CSR said she couldn't find any record of me ordering that BD I wanted to cancel. She looked up the order # and said that order is on someone else's account. So, instead of trying to figure it out they just automatically cancelled the one order they did find on my account. How does that happen? So I asked them to reinstate the order they inadvertently cancelled but they would only do so at the current, higher prices. I, of course, refused. And to this day I can log into my account and see an open order for the BD they claim was on someone else's account. Not only that, but my account still shows partially shipped and open orders for things I received a long time ago. It's really difficult to do business with a company that can't manage orders and cannot present accurate account information to its customers.
Originally Posted by izatright
Yeah, and let me add my complaint of having ordered blu-rays only to receive crappy CDs because DD mislabeled them in the order page.
Exactly to my point. These are the types of post I would want to see regarding a negative review. These are helpful because they explain exactly what went wrong. They justify the negative response with factual information to back it up. In other words, they provide value.

What I have problems with are post like the following that offer no specific information to warrant taking them seriously. They are not saying here is my experience, be warned. While I'm sure there are facts behind the negativity, without knowing what the facts are I can't judge the merit of the complaints to take into consideration when making a next pourchase. And they are questioning my own justification for using DD when I don't share the same experiences (I consider myself to be included in the "you" or "people" crowd).

I hope you all have learned your lesson and will stop supporting Deep Discount.
deep discount is a pile of shit, the fact people still try and stick up for them is ridiculous
As a rule of thumb, people should just avoid DD altogether now.

Last edited by bsmith; 12-22-10 at 09:56 PM.
Old 12-22-10, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

If you want to just bitch about your general Deep Discount experience, there's the Store Forum for it. Picking random Deep Discount bargain threads to voice your displeasure is a waste of time for people that don't mind the wait or risk. Half the posts here are people just bitching for the sake of bitching.
Old 12-22-10, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by fumanstan
If you want to just bitch about your general Deep Discount experience, there's the Store Forum for it. Picking random Deep Discount bargain threads to voice your displeasure is a waste of time for people that don't mind the wait or risk. Half the posts here are people just bitching for the sake of bitching.
Good point. The Store Forum is the better place for tracking positive and negative experiences with a vendor, rather then voicing and re-voicing it in any and every sale thread that comes along.
Old 12-22-10, 10:18 PM
bse
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan
I think the fact that Deep Discount yet again fucked up is the reason this thread is where its at. There are no deals in this thread because it was never a real deal, so here we all are sharing our frustration with a terrible company.
Old 12-22-10, 11:38 PM

I just called a spoke to a very nice CSR who created a new Matrix order for me for the original 14.25. I have no complaints.
Old 12-23-10, 12:57 AM

Fuck DipshitDiscount.
Old 12-23-10, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Okay...here is the thing about why I may appear to be overly defending DD at this point. I have no issue when people complain about specific instances where they feel mistreated by a vendor. All the major vendors have been taken to task at some point or another on these forums. What I take exception to is when people come into threads for no other purpose then to make negative generalizations about bad experiences as if they happen to everyone everyday. As a result, I feel it necessary to provide (not generalizations) but instances where they are wrong.

I don't blame anyone that ordered during the DD's Fall sales and has been waiting for months to received their products from complaining or not buying anything from DD during the latest deals. I took it into consideration when making my purchases. But the facts are this is a bargain forum where we look for the best deals. At the same time we take into consideration complaints and customer service when determining who to buy from.

As it stands in the last 4 weeks I've bought 75+ DVD/Blu-ray sets and individual items from across multiple vendors (DD, Amazon, Borders, BN, and Best Buy). If I had bought them all from Best Buy, Borders, or BN it would have probably cost me an additional $300 to $500. Buying all from Amazon would have been at least an additional $100 to $200. As it stands, The majority ended up being best purchased by DD, next Amazon, and with 40% - 50% coupons a few came from Borders and BN, while a few seasons sets came to $10 at Best Buy. No single vendor was a best choice, and they were purchased across several weeks. So I felt more comfortable making more purchases from DD when I started receiving my orders in quick fashion.

Now that said, Amazon is always my first choice because of their excellent customer service. In fact, they just got me out of a jam recently when a manufacturer wouldn't support their product (bad disk) and it was past the date of returning to Amazon for a replacement. After an explanation Amazon waived the date restriction and replaced the entire product on their dime. So if prices are even in the same proximity, Amazon will always get my business. But in this case I was looking at a $100 to $200 difference. That I could not ignore.

When Amazon's prices are competitve their customer service is like a free extended warranty, but when they are not there is a cost to that service. And I am very selective on when I choose to pay extra for services I may not need.

So if anything I am an Amazon supporter first. But as I stated I hate over the top negative generalizations that are just not based on facts. And DD has more of a like/hate relationship with customers then any other vendor.
Very well said sir, you win the internet.
Old 12-23-10, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I sent an email to them, not to complain but provide feedback on how they MAY be able to help their business. I was very professional and did not shift any blame or get insulting.
Old 12-23-10, 05:18 AM

Whoah whoah... I used google checkout for Matrix, and it appears that Deep Discount already charged me for it. Is that normal for them to charge when something isn't in stock?

With all the horror stories I read, I was thinking it would be a big waiting game, but I didn't think they'd charge you the day of the order.
Old 12-23-10, 05:23 AM

I just read this:
https://checkout.google.com/seller/policies.html

Fulfill orders within 24 hours of capturing funds
You may not capture funds more than 24 hours before you fulfill the order. Fulfill means you have shipped the physical product, delivered the digital content, or performed the service.
Will google checkout help me out if DD ends up screwing me over?
Old 12-23-10, 05:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For those of you that received cancellation emails, does the order show up as "canceled" or something else to that effect within your account order history? Mine still shows up as "open".
Old 12-23-10, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by visitor Q
For those of you that received cancellation emails, does the order show up as "canceled" or something else to that effect within your account order history? Mine still shows up as "open".
Mine still says open. However, my order that shipped two days ago still says open as well. I think the website is behind.
Old 12-23-10, 08:06 AM

Did anyone else who ordered from google checkout get charged like I did?
Old 12-23-10, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 702 Likes on 455 Posts

I used to be one of the ones who would spend upwards of $500-$700 during each of their 20% off sales but I haven't ordered from them in years, mainly due to increasingly higher prices and increasingly slower shipping. I can handle the 10-14 days shipping time because a) it was free b) it was advertised as such. When their 10-14 day shipping started to take 21-30 days, I swore them off. That being said, if I had known about the B1G2-4F glitch, I'll be damned if I wouldn't have spent a small fortune.
Old 12-23-10, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by ozzfan84
Did anyone else who ordered from google checkout get charged like I did?
I did too. And no cancellation email yet.
Old 12-23-10, 09:41 AM

Do you have any concerns about being charged now, when google checkout says you need to ship within 24 hours of charging and this is likely to sit in their system for months?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.